• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe Xbox screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/574/574284p1.html

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20041217054221318.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20041217054222896.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20041217054224256.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20041217054224256.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20041217054225646.jpg

More at the link, but for some reason the images arent loading

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ManDudeChild said:
Maybe its just been awhile since I went through the GC version, but those are new levels, right?

Yes.

This game is a ridiculous value.

Essentially a mix of titles previously released on the GameCube, combining 114 levels from Super Monkey Ball, 140 from Super Monkey Ball 2, and 46 exclusive boards made exclusively for Deluxe, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe hardly needs that "plus" or the "alpha" some other companies might use to spruce up their titles.

Sega doesn't mess around. With a suggested retail price of $29.99, those 300 stages equal a lot of game for the monkey (erm, money). For those who are unacquainted with the excellent series, the main idea of the single player game is to take control of a monkey that's more or less trapped in a transparent ball, and pilot it through a series of slopes and puzzles on your way to the finish line. Fans of the old school game Marble Madness will feel right at home with Monkey Ball.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mejilan said:
Jeez, that's just frustrating. :(

It's almost every one, and I don't know which ones are left out, but for 30 bucks if the new levels are good I might pick it up even though I own 1 & 2 for GC already. I'm dying for SMB 3, and this could be a good stop-gap.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
AstroLad said:
It's almost every one, and I don't know which ones are left out, but for 30 bucks if the new levels are good I might pick it up even though I own 1 & 2 for GC already. I'm dying for SMB 3, and this could be a good stop-gap.

I was just curious. I have a Cube, played both games and didn't like either. I have no Xbox, and obviously have no intention of buying this deluxe version of the games. The completionist in me, however, wanted to know. It's just irksome, especially since it is, relatively speaking, only a few stages that are missing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alf-Life said:
Wonder how the controls/stick/pad will hold up...

Well just the stick, right? ;)

I am not sure how it will be, though thankfully it's not the PS2 stick. I'm thinking I'm so used to the feel of the GC stick for this game, it might be really hard to adjust, but I like the X-Box pad otherwise, so hopefully not too bad. I wish they would just sell the new levels separate for 15 bucks, heh.

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe hardly needs that "plus" or the "alpha" some other companies might use to spruce up their titles.
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha
d1_8.JPG

I have never played Super Monkey Ball on Gamecube, I guess i'll try this Xbox version.

SyNapSe

basically, these are the games I've played by far the most on my GC. So, I will have hot sex with them on the xboxen like crazy.l

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Fuck me... new Monkey Ball levels.

You have no idea how huge of a monkey ball fan I am. I splayed SMB2 competitively for world records, and was 9th in the world at my peak. I've put more hours into that game than any other title ever. My friends and I all played at that competitive level and when we'd get together we'd "warm up" on the 20 master levels and mock each other if it took more than 3 or so lives to get through them all...

GDJustin said:
You have no idea how huge of a monkey ball fan I am. I splayed SMB2 competitively for world records, and was 9th in the world at my peak. I've put more hours into that game than any other title ever. My friends and I all played at that competitive level and when we'd get together we'd "warm up" on the 20 master levels and mock each other if it took more than 3 or so lives to get through them all...
positive14.jpg

Bonk

I want MonkeyRace Live. We´ve played so much Multiplayer on this one. But I guess that won´t happen.

Top Bottom