• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

That looks accidentally bent.
QTHDe.jpg

Except it happens on almost every single one. They're a much softer metal than the Sanwa connectors and bend that much easier. If they're not bending, they're poking out through the other side.

Breaknoon

Neo Member
IMG_2920_zps73b57112.jpg

IMG_2921_zpsd36ccafa.jpg

IMG_2948_zps7a01d975.jpg

Studio Killers arcade stick. Modded Hori Fighting Stick VX. Stock joystick. Sanwa buttons. The wiring looks pretty messy but it's insulated and works. Plexi by blklightning21 (made my own screw holes). My first stick mod. Turned out well!

Dmented

Banned
Got my first fight stick in the mail today. Will take some time to get used to but I'm curious what people feel is better: Octagonal or square gates?

Got my first fight stick in the mail today. Will take some time to get used to but I'm curious what people feel is better: Octagonal or square gates?

I got octo in my neo geo and square on my TEs. Square gate all the way. It takes a little while to get used to but it's worth it in the end. All my casual friends prefer octo tho, prob cuz they dont wanna spend the time to get used to a square gate.

Dmented

Banned
I got octo in my neo geo and square on my TEs. Square gate all the way. It takes a little while to get used to but it's worth it in the end. All my casual friends prefer octo tho, prob cuz they dont wanna spend the time to get used to a square gate.

Square seems like it would feel better to me. Sanwa JLF sticks come standard with a square gate right?

Beckx

Hurrah! My MadCatz Tatsunoko v Capcom fight stick arrived, as did the mod parts from Focus Attack. Stick was $49 at Amazon, so I couldn't pass on it.

I had 8 spare OBSF-30s lying around, so only needed to order a Sanwa JLF to have it modded with arcade quality parts. As I mentioned several days ago, I wanted to try out an octogonal gate on this stick (my main stick for 360/PS3 is a Hori Fighting Edge w/ square gate), so I got the gate from Focus Attack, and a Seimitsu bubbletop to complete the mod.

Anyway, pics!

Stock stick. It's a pretty solid build, especially given (the original) price.

A-hwiniCIAA4rUt.jpg:large

Interior is very roomy, wouldn't be hard to add an LED setup in here at all. I don't like the wire placement at all. Had to re-use the stock harness - which I don't like - as the Focus Attack harness didn't have connectors on both ends and I didn't have the parts or soldering ability to deal with that.

A-hwewUCYAEjkZ8.jpg:large

Final product! Tested, works great.

A-hwD4QCUAAi1_B.jpg:large

BOTEC

Hurrah! My MadCatz Tatsunoko v Capcom fight stick arrived, as did the mod parts from Focus Attack. Stick was $49 at Amazon, so I couldn't pass on it.

I had 8 spare OBSF-30s lying around, so only needed to order a Sanwa JLF to have it modded with arcade quality parts. As I mentioned several days ago, I wanted to try out an octogonal gate on this stick (my main stick for 360/PS3 is a Hori Fighting Edge w/ square gate), so I got the gate from Focus Attack, and a Seimitsu bubbletop to complete the mod.

Anyway, pics!

Dat shit looks hot mang. The more I think about it, the more I love the TvC stick. I mean, it's got Ryu and Tekkaman Blade on it (penned by the fighting game art maestro, Shinkiro), stock out of the factory. GODDAMN! And as soon as you plug real arcade pats into it, it becomes the ultimate video game nerd stick stick. The only drawback is the Wii interface, but there are adapters that solve that thankfully.

Mieu

Can you help me out guys?

I'm thinking of getting one of the following:

1. SF X Tekken bundle stick
2.Qanba Q4 RAF PS3/XBOX360/PC 3in1 Arcade Sanwa FightStick
3.Qanba Q4 RAF PS3/PC 2in1 Arcade Sanwa FightStick
4.Hori Real Arcade Pro V3-SA and VX-SA Kai Series

These are the items locally available on our place. So I'd like to get your opinion on which one I should get.

Thanks in advance

T-Matt

Can you help me out guys?

I'm thinking of getting one of the following:

1. SF X Tekken bundle stick
2.Qanba Q4 RAF PS3/XBOX360/PC 3in1 Arcade Sanwa FightStick
3.Qanba Q4 RAF PS3/PC 2in1 Arcade Sanwa FightStick
4.Hori Real Arcade Pro V3-SA and VX-SA Kai Series

These are the items locally available on our place. So I'd like to get your opinion on which one I should get.

Thanks in advance

Well, all of those sticks are quality so you're in a good position. If you want to play on both xbox and ps3 then the Q4 seems like a great choice. Though you can mod the others.
I'd probably go Kai just because it seems like a great stick with some nice improvements over the previous model. And the bottom of it would be comfy for lap play.
All are great though and comes down to what system you will play on, price point, and visual appeal.

BiggNife

I've plugged all of my Hori and Madcatz sticks into my PC, and they’ve worked flawlessly. Both, PS3 and 360 flavors.

If he's getting an arcade stick solely with PC in mind, I'd recommend getting a 360 stick (MadCatz TEs, Hori HRAPs, etc.) because any wired 360 controller (arcade stick or otherwise) works with a PC out of the box. On the other hand, I've heard that while most wired PS3 sticks work on PC, certain Intel chipsets are flat-out incompatible with TE sticks. So if you get a PS3 stick I'd recommend doing some research first to be sure your computer supports it.

Zissou

If he's getting an arcade stick solely with PC in mind, I'd recommend getting a 360 stick (MadCatz TEs, Hori HRAPs, etc.) because any wired 360 controller (arcade stick or otherwise) works with a PC out of the box. On the other hand, I've heard that while most wired PS3 sticks work on PC, certain Intel chipsets are flat-out incompatible with TE sticks. So if you get a PS3 stick I'd recommend doing some research first to be sure your computer supports it.

This. My PS3 TE stick doesn't work on my PC but my 360 equivalent works fine. I have a first gen PS3 TE stick though, which are apparently the worst for PC compatibility.

I've never owned an arcade stick until recently, but I've always wanted one. I did a bit of research to make sure I was getting something with decent parts and then picked these up over the last few months in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I couldn't be happier with them. They're much more beautiful in person.

Shmup themed for 360, Fighting themed for PS3. :)

I love the Mushi stick a lot because it's slightly limited (therefore somewhat unique) and the parts are solid, but I agree the SCV stick just feels good. The first thing I noticed pulling it out of the box was the build quality.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hi everyone!

After_XMAS.jpg

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=493

Check out our web store, we currently have a special post-holiday sale that is good for North America. Check out the savings:

• Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick PRO for Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 - $99.99 - Normally $159.99 ! Save 37% OFF!
  • SOULCALIBUR V Arcade FightStick SOUL Edition for Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 - $99.99 - Normally $159.99 ! Save 37% OFF!
  • WWE ALL STARS BrawlStick for Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 - $19.99 - Normally $79.99 ! Save 75% OFF!
All the deals can be found here:

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=485

Ostinatto

my first arcade stick

now im gonna try learn SSF4 more seriously
im watching the vesperarcade tutorials on YT
and excellent adventures of gootecks and mike rose

pls recommend me any other tutorials to watch thanks.

FSLink

Banned
Two questions.
1. Where is the best place to buy a Hori VLX at a good price?
2. Where is the best place to buy the Sanwa quiet buttons?

And anybody who doesn't have a stick should jump on that Brawl Stick deal. :) I should get to modding out the two I already had from a previous sale, lol.

Yes Boss!

Two questions.
1. Where is the best place to buy a Hori VLX at a good price?
2. Where is the best place to buy the Sanwa quiet buttons?

And anybody who doesn't have a stick should jump on that Brawl Stick deal. :) I should get to modding out the two I already had from a previous sale, lol.

OG red VLX is long gone. Aftermarket only. Arcadeshock still has some of the Diamond's left for PS3 only. They said they are getting low on numbers (<10) so they might be out sometimes in January. It is $350 delivered but that is at least what you will pay for an original VLX..and this one is better, anyways. (they also have sanwa silent stuff, though kinda pricey).

http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/ho...remium-vlx-diamond-edition-hp3-133-detail.htm

My HRAP EX-SE is dead, so I'm probably going to buy a Q4RAF as a replacement. I've got a question though: I intend to use a Seimitsu LS-58-01. The one being sold on FocusAttack comes with an MS mounting plate - is that compatible with the Q4RAF, or will I have to buy a P=40 plate as well?

BOTEC

My HRAP EX-SE is dead, so I'm probably going to buy a Q4RAF as a replacement. I've got a question though: I intend to use a Seimitsu LS-58-01. The one being sold on FocusAttack comes with an MS mounting plate - is that compatible with the Q4RAF, or will I have to buy a P=40 plate as well?

I can't speak for the Q4RAF specifically, but my Q3 has holes on the metal faceplate (under the plexi) that can be used to mount the Seimitsu stick directly, with any plate underneath for spacing, as desired.

Enron

Banned
I've never owned an arcade stick until recently, but I've always wanted one. I did a bit of research to make sure I was getting something with decent parts and then picked these up over the last few months in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I couldn't be happier with them. They're much more beautiful in person.

Shmup themed for 360, Fighting themed for PS3. :)

That SCV stick sure looks familiar!

BOTEC

Not sure if this was posted yet. Hori recently rebranded and rereleaseed some of their sticks. The big-ass Tekken Tag/DOA/Gundam stick got a license-free version called the RAP N3 SA.

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/026/858/50dd800f93785.html

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00A3LVDMU/

Namco Noir layout, Sanwa parts. The usual.

The other rerelase is a RAP V3 SA CUSTOM. Can't really figure out what's "custom" about it.

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/026/858/50dd80114d24e.html

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00A3LVGVS/

Blue buttons?

I've tried to make heads or tails out of the machine translated article, and it seems like there are some button re-mapping shenanigans going on that only crazy SFIV players would care about. I guess that warrants the new name.

Holy shit. This is the classiest arcade stick I've ever seen:

Does anyone make nice wooden sticks like this that work on multiple consoles and have more buttons?

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
I got the Crown CWJ-303A levers that can mount to Japanese sticks. While I will have to wait on the harness converter (it shouldn't matter too significantly on my review for IPLAYWINNER), it does mount on my Hori and Mad Catz sticks really well. The action feels a bit longer than what I felt on my default Myoungshin lever yet the tension seems less.

knee

Just got my HBSF-30s My cherry switch adapters have a copper-ish look to them.

Is this from the defective batch or the revised batch?

SUPARSTARX

They are kinda of weak. You should be careful plugging in your QD's

I just installed mine with the blacks. I think I will switch to the blues for some clickity clakity

eZm7J.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man, now that I got SSF4 for PC I'm really missing the Sanwa HRAP3 I sold. The PDP is good for a pad, but it's just not an arcade stick.

Someone gave me $100, and I may end up with more (we'll see wednesday) If I do... I may blow it all on an arcade stick!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
$20 brawl sticks, if the buttons and stick go to crap, you can replace them for like $40.
I could right now get a Madcatz pro stick for $100 with free shipping from Amazon. I'm more about overall quality and lasting satisfaction than I am about saving money and living with a "this could be better" feeling every time I play. Even if I upgraded the parts, that brawl stick is kind of dinky and I know little about the case so my confidence isn't great. However, I will admit the prospect of a fully modded stick for under $100 is nice. How long is the sale supposed to last?

Top Bottom