• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Since Windows 10 update KB3176938 supposedly "Improved compatibility of using Xbox One controllers with various games", do we finally have working LT & RT buttons on the Xbox One fightsticks from Mad Catz, Hori, and Razer in Windows 10?

BOTEC

New stick get!

stickoffighters.jpg

Looking forward to trying out the new Hayabusa buttons.

mdsfx

New stick get!

Looking forward to trying out the new Hayabusa buttons.
Ooooh, please post pics!

Recently scored 2 sticks of my own:
A HRAP 4 Kai for $95 and 360 MK stick for $49

Happ/IL joystick question:
Just got a new Happ stick and hitting the diagonals is a real pain. The area where 2 microswitches are engaged at the same time is very small, acting almost like a 4-way stick. I added 4 layers of electrical tape around the square actuator which completely fixed the problem 100%. My question is: is there a real/permanent fix for this? Does anyone make an oversized actuator for them?

BOTEC

Ooooh, please post pics!

Recently scored 2 sticks of my own:
A HRAP 4 Kai for $95 and 360 MK stick for $49

Happ/IL joystick question:
Just got a new Happ stick and hitting the diagonals is a real pain. The area where 2 microswitches are engaged at the same time is very small, acting almost like a 4-way stick. I added 4 layers of electrical tape around the square actuator which completely fixed the problem 100%. My question is: is there a real/permanent fix for this? Does anyone make an oversized actuator for them?

I'm a terrible photographer, so any pics I'd take would be a disservice to the sleek design. In terms of hardware it seems like it's virtually identical to your HRAP 4 Kai. Same Hayabusa parts and all.

I really like the buttons, very springy. And I'm glad they engineered the 24mm button so that the plunger doesn't fall below the rim anymore when pressed. That always felt super cheap to me.

I'm a terrible photographer, so any pics I'd take would be a disservice to the sleek design. In terms of hardware it seems like it's virtually identical to your HRAP 4 Kai. Same Hayabusa parts and all.

I really like the buttons, very springy. And I'm glad they engineered the 24mm button so that the plunger doesn't fall below the rim anymore when pressed. That always felt super cheap to me.

What you think of that Hayabusa lever?

mdsfx

What you think of that Hayabusa lever?

Personally, I feel very at home with it coming from a Sanwa JLF. I know it's not exactly the same geometry, but I needed zero time to get used to it. I was intending on swapping it out for a JLF since that's what I always use, but now that I've tried the Hayabusa, I see no reason to change it.

Zackat

Figured I would give an update. I finally remembered to pick up a can of spray paint to do the sideplates I talked about earlier in the thread.

Came out pretty well. Went with the Flat Black to match the Hayabusa buttons I have.

Rust-Oleum 2-in-1 paint that bonds to plastic is what I used. Put on a coat lightly, let it sit for a bit, then put on a second coat.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's a quality part. Like mdsfx said, it's very JLF-like. I'm more of a Seimitsu guy, so I don't use them a lot, but I'll keep this one stock just for the heck of it.

I think you're thinking of someone else. I've never been to SCR, or any video game thing in fact.
hmm, i could've sworn...

Cross posting from the FGC thread:

Has anyone here either dealt with Marvelous Customs or used one of their sticks? I got a quote from them for a dual-mod hitbox and I'm curious about the comfort/utility of those acrylic cases they use. Do they have any issues with sliding around on a flat surface or using them on your lap? For reference, what I'm used to is the original Mad Catz TE, which is pretty dang comfy.

Neoxon

Figured I would give an update. I finally remembered to pick up a can of spray paint to do the sideplates I talked about earlier in the thread.

UgyqEjX.jpg

Came out pretty well. Went with the Flat Black to match the Hayabusa buttons I have.

Rust-Oleum 2-in-1 paint that bonds to plastic is what I used. Put on a coat lightly, let it sit for a bit, then put on a second coat.
Me likey

buffi

Banned
Do anyone have experience with silenced arcade buttons.

I modded my VSHG with a silenced sanwa stick and "silent" buttons, but honestly.. the buttons sounds less, but still quite a lot.
The stick is amazing though. Plays well and is very silent!

Components used:
JLF-TPRG-8AYT-SK (stick)
OBSFS-30 (buttons)

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzIIVD0sx8s

Would like it to be even quiter if possible (to play late at night while wife+child sleeps).

Things left to try:
- These foam inserts in other buttons:
http://www.focusattack.com/silencer-sanwa-seimitsu-30mm-foam-washers-8-pak/
- These things (HBFS30-G2)?
http://shoryuken.com/2013/09/02/shoryuken-review-hbfs30-g2-silent-buttons/

Anyone else have experience with silent options for buttons?

Things left to try:

We installed these at work after there were some complaints about some of our more... rowdy employees being REALLY loud and slamming buttons super loud. Anyone with experience with Seimitsu PS-14-GN buttons knows they have a rather sharp click when the plastic hits. These made them MUCH quieter. It also makes them slightly more squishy, but it wasn't detrimental and, honestly, it was very quick and easy to get used to.

Do anyone have experience with silenced arcade buttons.

I modded my VSHG with a silenced sanwa stick and "silent" buttons, but honestly.. the buttons sounds less, but still quite a lot.
The stick is amazing though. Plays well and is very silent!

Components used:
JLF-TPRG-8AYT-SK (stick)
OBSFS-30 (buttons)

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzIIVD0sx8s

Would like it to be even quiter if possible (to play late at night while wife+child sleeps).

Things left to try:
- These things (HBFS30-G2)?
http://shoryuken.com/2013/09/02/shoryuken-review-hbfs30-g2-silent-buttons/

That wristwatch, is it a SARB017?

buffi

Banned
We installed these at work after there were some complaints about some of our more... rowdy employees being REALLY loud and slamming buttons super loud. Anyone with experience with Seimitsu PS-14-GN buttons knows they have a rather sharp click when the plastic hits. These made them MUCH quieter. It also makes them slightly more squishy, but it wasn't detrimental and, honestly, it was very quick and easy to get used to.

Awesome, Ill try them out then. Im ok with some mushyness if quiet.

That wristwatch, is it a SARB017?

Yeah

BiggNife

http://www.eightarc.com/guardian/

The Guardian is $60, and if the ECT code is still working, you can get an extra $10 off.

Seconding this. I just got a Guardian and it's super duper nice. Well padded, lots of space (my HRAP4 Kai fits with plenty of room to spare), several compartments. And it doesn't have a gaudy design so I can comfortably wear it in public without it sticking out like a sore thumb like those crazy Splitframe cases do. Recommended.

is there a brook adapter that does xbox one to ps3?

If so, do the analog sticks map correctly as well? This wouldn't specifically be for arcade sticks. The lunar white X1 pad is my current favorite traditional controller for 3D games and I would like to use it on the last few PS3 titles like Persona 5 and Trails of Cold Steel 2

notworksafe

There's an X1 to PS4 converter but that should also work on PS3, since all wired PS4 devices work on PS3. Analog sticks should map fine, I've never run into a problem using Brook converter with a regular controller before (this is on PS->Xbox stuff but I assume it's all the same).

There's an X1 to PS4 converter but that should also work on PS3, since all wired PS4 devices work on PS3. Analog sticks should map fine, I've never run into a problem using Brook converter with a regular controller before (this is on PS->Xbox stuff but I assume it's all the same).
the only problem with wired PS4 on PS3 is that the PS button doesnt work

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So hey, finally found the first big downer about having moved here in Tenerife: buying stuff online is maddening because tons won't ship here (even Amazon's MP "handled by Amazon" is a no-go) and of course there's not much choice here for videogame shops. All my stuff is in Italy, I only have my WiiU and PS4 here.

But I couldn't deal anymore playing SFV with the ds4 and any arcade-y games/shmups so I went ahead and scored a new HORI hrap 4 Kai for €100.
Decent stick? Good deal (I noticed Amazon is selling it for €149)? How annoying it is that it's missing the touchpad?

Edit: what are the differences with the V Kai?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I sent a ticket to MadCatz a few days ago about their colored bezels and just now got an email saying whatever they have is on Amazon. Waaaaaaat. :/

Update: So back in July they messaged me (after showing them proof of purchase) that they would send out 2 colored bezels of my choice when they receive a new shipment. They said it would be in a few weeks. I called them last week (basically giving them a month and half to get this done) to find out what was going on with that supposed shipment and all I got was a shoulder shrug 'I dunno, we haven't received anything yet'. Fuck outta here with that bullshit. Customer lost.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
V Kai is for Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Oh ok, so it's the same as my IV Kai.
What about the stick itself, is it any good? Is €100 a pretty good deal on it or it is just weirdly overpriced on Amazon (€149) and €100 is its common price on the street?
Still waiting on it (I guess it'll take at least another week, goddamn Canary Islands' customs!) but I'm pretty excited to get back to SFV finally with a stick!

Neoxon

I'm noticing that whenever I hold left or right on the Character Select Screen, there are times that the stick randomly does a double input. Should I get a new JLF?

Top Bottom