• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wi-Fi

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
WTF Droid:lol :lol nice games there. Was lag really bad? For me at least it wasn't. Oh well.... had to leave... FOOOOOD.

Relix said:
WTF Droid:lol :lol nice games there. Was lag really bad? For me at least it wasn't. Oh well.... had to leave... FOOOOOD.

ROFL@last match

had me laughing quite a bit, the fan is OP! fan+atomic fart= win

No , I didnt feel any lag at all. Good games though

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Great games, Iam Canadian, Milabrega, and Crushed. I actually meant to keep going, but I saved a replay of that final match (only time I've ever seen an online match short enough to save :eek:) and it took so long to get to my SD card that I guess it didn't register me to keep playing or something. :lol

That's why I save replays to the Wii first and move it to the card later. :p

Good games, guys, despite the unusually excessive lag.

Jiggy

I didn't know it would take that long for something that took one block. D:
Edit: I think I'm going to start hosting two-stock matches just so that I can start saving more replays. >_> Then once I find some place that knows how to convert the SD Card files to other formats, I can upload them to YouTube and Gametrailers and conquer the internets.

Nice games Mila and others. Playing this game online without heavy lag is fun. I suck so much with lag, for once I could win games today... I seem to have less laggy games since I forwarded ports, but there are still some lag spikes sometimes.

That other game I played in New Pork City was funny, terrible lag at the end :lol I nearly got kicked out by the Chimera because of the lag, though I managed to survive :D

Jiggy37 said:
I didn't know it would take that long for something that took one block. D:
Edit: I think I'm going to start hosting two-stock matches just so that I can start saving more replays. >_> Then once I find some place that knows how to convert the SD Card files to other formats, I can upload them to YouTube and Gametrailers and conquer the internets.
Aren't the replays not actual videos but just instructions of what buttons the players were pressing?

Milabrega

OliveJuice said:
Aren't the replays not actual videos but just instructions of what buttons the players were pressing?

They don't show your names or any text taunts. So its just P1, P2 etc...

Does anyone know if you can save replays on 3 minute timed matches that go into sudden death?

Milabrega said:
They don't show your names or any text taunts. So its just P1, P2 etc...

Does anyone know if you can save replays on 3 minute timed matches that go into sudden death?
But it's not a video right? It's just recorded button presses that the game plays back to look like the actual match. Right?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
OliveJuice said:
But it's not a video right? It's just recorded button presses that the game plays back to look like the actual match. Right?

I'm pretty sure that this is the case, yes.

That's why they're able to be so tiny. So if you wanted to make actual videos of them, you'd need some sort of recording software.

Jiggy

OliveJuice said:
Ah, that makes sense. :( Oh well. Time to buy a capture card, I suppose.

kiryogi

Banned
Hrm, was it laggy when I was hosting tonight? It seemed seamless, but i'm also playing with someone else at my house. Regardless, having not brawled for 3 days showed XD Also for future lag issues. I have FiOS soon!

Hero

So yeah, definitely played with these three other people for an hour.

The first part started off with this Pikachu player just taunting while we fought and using Thunder and the few other annoying Pikachu moves. So then I pick Kirby, taunt as well, and we avoid each other while killing the Ike and Zelda players. It was pretty hilarious because we were obvious about the teaming. Towards the end they must've been getting pissed off.

usea

Would anybody like to play a couple games? 0731-4473-3005

I prefer arranging matches outside of the game instead of just playing with people who happen to be online and on my friends list. So I don't just add everybody in the thread and play whoever is online.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Oh shit awesome games Dan and Chris. I was extremely worn out by the last 10 matches since I had been having various one on ones. In fact my sister was holding me back from leaving earlier. BTW, who's Chris?

Also... the games were pretty much lagless (at least from my side).

Tristam

I haven't played the game since launch (busy with God Hand), but I'm looking to play some online matches.

FC is 4854-6321-3359

I've added:

Threi
EviLore
SantaC
Beezy
PkunkFury

I will add:

Jiggy
Phaethon0017
PunjabiPlaya
Oldschoolgamer
Y2Kev
Ant1352
Nabs
IamCanadian
Big Icarus

...'cause I'm familiar with your guys' posts, at least. Add me guys!

Oh, and usea, I'll add you too. And vertopci: I'm down with no items.

fun games mila

not sure what you did on that last game mila.

hella good pit, diddy though. Annoying as fuck

my fc is 3737-9185-0838 to the above poster.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Awesome 1 v 1's Kak, though this time the final tally was in my favor :D :D .

Anyway, Nabil and Nil, had to leave =P. Going out with my gf, but nice games. I want a 1 v 1 vs you Nabil, but that will be for later =). Good games :D

BTW... I am wondering.... I prefer playing with items (except 1 v1 s), but I always have them turned off. For FFAs (3 or more) should I keep them on or off? Don't know, something that has been bothering me. I always have fun, but some might mind it. Enlighten me please =P

Jiggy

Relix said:
Well, that's instantly enough information for me to say you might have a really grand shot at winning the tournament.

Relix said:

Anyway, Nabil and Nil, had to leave =P. Going out with my gf, but nice games. I want a 1 v 1 vs you Nabil, but that will be for later =). Good games :D

BTW... I am wondering.... I prefer playing with items (except 1 v1 s), but I always have them turned off. For FFAs (3 or more) should I keep them on or off? Don't know, something that has been bothering me. I always have fun, but some might mind it. Enlighten me please =P
Good matches. I turn on Items when I get bored...or if I forgot to turn them off from previous matches.

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
We really should have an IRC chat room for organizing matches online...

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Kwokuen said:
We really should have an IRC chat room for organizing matches online...

I was thinking about this today and I agree. It'd be nice to hop into a GAF chat room and see who's already on WiFi, and it'd be great for talking about specific game settings

MrCheez

Sure. I might be doing my tourney matches with Dreavus in like 15 mins though, so if I leave thats why.

Also my connection is acting funky tonight... hopefully we won't have lag T_T

MrCheez

Kwokuen said:
Better question, do you have AIM or MSN? :D

BLARGH I don't know whats wrong with my connection tonight :( Last week I was lag free after making some changes to my router, now for some reason I'm getting lag on all my matches even though the router settings haven't been touched :(

Anyway I'd love to play you again sometime soon. Maybe it's just tonight that my connection is crap

Kwokuen said:
I assume this is your tourny match? ;)

Edit: Nah I don't think I'm going to even do the tourney match tonight with this lag... I just dropped out because I was getting so frustrated at inputting a command and then having to wait a full second for it to execute :lol

<-- Not a patient person >_<

Anyone down for some 1v1(items or no items, IDC) or 4 player FFA's (items of course) in about 30 minutes? FC is 2191-7323-1308, PM or post here I guess if you do add

dfi

Anyone up for a game?

1v1 no items...

Be advised I suck

2578-2815-7148

If anybody adds me to their friend's list, send me a PM, and I'll do the same for you.

OgnodoD

I still can't get online to work. >.> I had to go over to my cousins just to play against someone. I haven't had this problem with other wii wi-fi games, so I know my setup is OK. I'm not very pleased right now. <.<

slayn

needs to show more effort.
one last thing before I go to bed, figure I should post this here as well:

I made a gaf irc channel. Trying to get as many gaffers to join as possible. It makes it so much easier to find matches and swap friend codes. It also makes it possible to set up team games.

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel: #GAF_SB

more detailed instructions for mirc. I'll try to be as explicit as possible.
go to www.mirc.com
download the client (free)
install and launch mirc

quick and dirty:
when you launched, a window should have popped up in the middle with a command line at the bottom
type /server irc.globalgamers.net
type /nick yournamehere
type /join #GAF_SB
a new window will pop up. use the command line at the bottom to say hi

more detailed, more automatic instructions:
go to tools->options
under connect, specify a nickname for youself
under servers, click 'add'
description: GlobalGamers
IRC Server: irc.globalgamers.net
Port: 6667
Group: GlobalGamers
leave password blank
click add
click ok
on the menu bar go to Favorites->Add to favorites
leave password blank
Networks: select GlobalGamers
check 'join on connect'
press ok

from now on, when you launch irc, go to
Favorites->#GAF_SB
everything should connect automatically

-------------------------
Fireblend also had the following useful information:

For those having trouble with the IRC Room:

1. Download pidgin
2. Open Pidgin, go to Accounts -> Add/Edit -> Add
3. From the 'protocol' dropdown menu, select IRC
4. In the server textbox, type irc.globalgamers.net
5. Choose anything as your username, leave the other boxes (password, local alias) blank.
6. Save and wait for it to connect. Should a chatbox appear, it means you're connected. Close it.
7. Go to 'Buddies' -> 'Join a Chat'
8. Type #GAF_SB on the textbox.
9. Success!

And so you don't have to do the last 3 steps everytime you want to get there, select 'Add chat' instead of 'Join chat' in step 7 and the chat will be there by default on your contacts list. Also as a plus, with Pidgin you can manage your MSN, AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, etc... accounts at the same time. Just select whatever you want on the dropdown menu of step 3. Support open source!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Jiggy37 said:
Well, that's instantly enough information for me to say you might have a really grand shot at winning the tournament.

The overall tally is definitely to his favor :lol . Oh well, I consider Kak my official Brawl rival =P.

dfi

Great idea!

slayn said:
one last thing before I go to bed, figure I should post this here as well:

I made a gaf irc channel. Trying to get as many gaffers to join as possible. It makes it so much easier to find matches and swap friend codes. It also makes it possible to set up team games.

server: irc.globalgamers.net

more detailed instructions for mirc. I'll try to be as explicit as possible.
go to www.mirc.com
download the client (free)
install and launch mirc

quick and dirty:
when you launched, a window should have popped up in the middle with a command line at the bottom
type /server irc.globalgamers.net
type /nick yournamehere
type /join #GAF_SB
a new window will pop up. use the command line at the bottom to say hi

more detailed, more automatic instructions:
go to tools->options
under connect, specify a nickname for youself
under servers, click 'add'
description: GlobalGamers
IRC Server: irc.globalgamers.net
Port: 6667
Group: GlobalGamers
leave password blank
click add
click ok
on the menu bar go to Favorites->Add to favorites
leave password blank
Networks: select GlobalGamers
check 'join on connect'
press ok

from now on, when you launch irc, go to
Favorites->#GAF_SB
everything should connect automatically

-------------------------
Fireblend also had the following useful information:

For those having trouble with the IRC Room:

1. Download pidgin
2. Open Pidgin, go to Accounts -> Add/Edit -> Add
3. From the 'protocol' dropdown menu, select IRC
4. In the server textbox, type irc.globalgamers.net
5. Choose anything as your username, leave the other boxes (password, local alias) blank.
6. Save and wait for it to connect. Should a chatbox appear, it means you're connected. Close it.
7. Go to 'Buddies' -> 'Join a Chat'
8. Type #GAF_SB on the textbox.
9. Success!

And so you don't have to do the last 3 steps everytime you want to get there, select 'Add chat' instead of 'Join chat' in step 7 and the chat will be there by default on your contacts list. Also as a plus, with Pidgin you can manage your MSN, AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, etc... accounts at the same time. Just select whatever you want on the dropdown menu of step 3. Support open source!

slayn

you cn also try mibbit if you want to just join from your web browser:

I'm not familiar with the web clients to know which ones are good or not, but I just found this one:
http://www.mibbit.com/

Go there.
under 'Connect to a specific server'
select GlobalGamers.net
channel is #GAF_SB
nickname is your name
password is blank
click connect and wait a moment.
in the upper left corner of the mibbit web page you should see a tab appear that says '#GAF_SB'
click on that tab
now you can chat with us in your web browser, no installation needed

I've just tested it a few times and mibbit seems kind of off sometimes. If it doesn't connect to the channel properly just close the web page and try again.

Jiggy

Just yesterday I had a series of four-player free-for-alls with both Kak and Nabil. It would come down to the two of them more or less every time, and they'd take like a minute and a half to finish each other off even if they were left at 80% damage each by the time the other two of us had been eliminated. :lol

Threi

notag
anyone up with a non-free for all, not on final destination, with items?

a.k.a. team battle?

Everyone wants to play on FD with no items all the fucking time, its getting boring :lol

slayn

Threi said:
anyone up with a non-free for all, not on final destination, with items?

a.k.a. team battle?

Everyone wants to play on FD with no items all the fucking time, its getting boring :lol
come to irc, I've been playing/trying to set up team battles all afternoon.

Top Bottom