• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

emb

Image is broken for me, can someone please rehost?
zHJj6Wq.jpg

Does that work?

(Though I have no idea of the authenticity. But cool if it is back.)

there is no way the team is going to work until Spring for just MEWTWO so I expect a few more DLC to drop on us when sales slow down

now I am forced to buy 3DS version just in case of more tie-ins

Mory Dunz

Someone should gif that Amiibo video kid getting rejected.

it could have a lot of use with diff faces.

I might if no one else does.

To recap the stages
Starter:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario Galaxy
Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Luigi's Mansion
Jungle Hijinx
Kongo Jungle (64)
Skyloft
Bridge of Eldin
Temple
Pyrosphere
Norfair
Port City Aero Drive
???
Yoshi's Island (melee)
Great Cave Offensive
Halbred
Orbital Gate Assault
Lylat Cruise
Kalos Pokemon League
Onett
Colosseum
Castle Siege
Palutena's Temple
Skyworld
Gamer
Garden of Hope
Town & City
Smashville
Wii Fit Studio
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plains
75m
Wrecking Crew
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Wily Castle
Windy Hill Zone

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The item frequency is total bullshit. There is zero reason that it can't be in the 3ds version and should be patched in. Probably one of my biggest complaints about the 3ds version to be honest.

InsuRn

Really happy with what they showed. And finally Ridley's fate got sealed. Now I can move on knowing only the AI will play it :(

Protag

Banned
To recap the stages
Starter:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario Galaxy
Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Luigi's Mansion
Jungle Hijinx
Kongo Jungle (64)
Skyloft
Bridge of Eldin
Temple
Pyrosphere
Norfair
Port City Aero Drive
???
Yoshi's Island (melee)
Great Cave Offensive
Halbred
Orbital Gate Assault
Lylat Cruise
Kalos Pokemon League
Onett
Colosseum
Castle Siege
Palutena's Temple
Skyworld
Gamer
Garden of Hope
Town & City
Smashville
Wii Fit Studio
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plains
75m
Wrecking Crew
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Wily Castle
Windy Hill Zone

Jesus, WOW.

Absolutely! I was getting worried the Gamepad will be only for mirroring the damn footage of the TV screen but omg, those photo modes edit features and stage builder is just perfect.
Would have liked a detailed paint mode for the characters also. If Nintendo isn't too keen on people painting over their IP at least have the mode for the Mii characters. Just allowing for detailed painting (not even decals, just color swaps) would have introduced a lot more variety.

Would have been cool maybe, a sort of dungeon master option where the Gamepad player can alter conditions of the match on the fly.

But at least we ended up having a good Gamepad use in a game most people were exppecting nothing XD

Dryk

I can't believe Wii U Gaur Plains is going to be even worse. Also Garden of Hope has hazards and Pyrosphere is Magicant 1.5 :(

ffdgh

My point is that comparing two completely different situations is silly. Using the Mario Kart promo as an argument for Mewtwo being offered as DLC in the future doesn't make sense, since both situations are completely different. Same is true for the Ambassador games, which also were being offered in a completely different context.

Will Nintendo offer Mewtwo as DLC in the future? Well, who knows. It's certainly possible. However, making him an exclusive "loyalty bonus" would also be a very Nintendo thing to do, so acting like it's a foregone conclusion and even calling other people "idiots" for doubting it, is pretty silly.

Nintendo knows people will pay money for mewtwo. They aren't that daft.

Drago

zHJj6Wq.jpg

Does that work?

(Though I have no idea of the authenticity. But cool if it is back.)
Holy shit I think that's a Woolly World stage

THAT'S A WOOLLY WORLD STAGE OH MY GOD

Between that and my dream Miiverse stage coming true... oh god I am so happy!!! :D

Between that and my dream Miiverse stage coming true... oh god I am so happy!!! :D

Oh yeah, I forgot that had a name change LOL

I can't believe we're potentially getting a stage based on a future game!

Jaeger

I have to rewatch the video. I'm so pumped right now.

The whole which version is superior debate is dead. Everyone really knew which version would be the definitive one. Outside of the Soundtrack and DLC, I don't have any reason to play the 3DS version post Wii U.

Anyway, MEWTWO!

Xeroblade

there is no way the team is going to work until Spring for just MEWTWO so I expect a few more DLC to drop on us when sales slow down

now I am forced to buy 3DS version just in case of more tie-ins

Wait to buy it, thats what I am going to do. I mean look at how that direct pooped all over the 3ds version.

Masked Man

I said wow
Looks like Paper Mario maybe? At least the windmill reminds me of that.

That's what I thought at first, but it's listed down with the Yoshi stage(s) and away from the Mario collection.

Maybe Yarn Yoshi?!? I can't think of any Yoshi game with a windmill in the background.

Yeah, I couldn't recall one, either, so Yarn Yoshi it is! That would explain why the Yarn Yoshi music was used during the Direct as well.

All our dreams are coming true! BELIEVE!

mmxzero

I couldn't be happier about the Palutena "codec" conversations, Kid Icarus Uprising 4 life :)

That was great direct, so much stuff packed in this game.

And hopefully those who think that you can only get Mewtwo if you get the 3DS and WiiU version are done embarrassing themselves.

ec0ec0

I was able to see the direct using the iphone of a friend :)

About the direct, dissappoined. I saw many useless things. I just wanted smash.

Crazyorloco

People..people the 3DS version of smash is actually pretty good. I don't understand these comments. You don't have to buy it (unless you want Mewtwo right away) but it's not a bad purchase if you do.

This was an great Nintendo direct. This will be the definitive smash bros. game I can't wait to hear all the music in the game.

Spinluck

Weird that they didn't show items in 8 player Smash.

Anyway, I really wish that I could get online with a friend and do team battles against other players not on my friends list. I really can't see why that is not a feature or option.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Best thing about the Direct: It confirms there's an opening for the Wii U version.

I swear if I don't hear SUPAH SMAAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRRRRS I'm gonna cry.

My body was definitely not ready for this direct cant believe all the stuff revealed today and we are less than 5hrs away from bayonetta 2 this was a great way to end th eweek.

Top Bottom