• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

So hyped for Lucas to come back, was absolutely gutted when I found out he was cut. Will happily pay to get him back in the game, although a new Mother 3 stage would've been nice to as well...
Would happily take an up-port of Magicant too

Thulius

Regarding the Greninja/Mewtwo matchup discussion in the previous thread;

Mewtwo has absolutely nothing on well spaced Fairs from Greninja. Nair works too but the spacing required to make it safe is a lot tighter. Mewtwo's so tall that even retreating Bairs are good against him.

Basically the only threats Mewtwo has in the neutral against a jumpy Greninja are Fair, Utilt and shadow ball, none of which leads into anything significant and all of which are awful on whiff. His grab range sucks so you really shouldn't get shield grabbed unless you make a big mistake.

Even if you do get grabbed, Greninja has such a ridiculous combination of jump height/fall speed that you can easily double jump and/or fast fall out of further pressure with almost no risk. Any shuriken short of a full charge is basically impossible for Mewtwo to reflect on reaction and again his height lets you throw them so high that reflected shurikens whiff Greninja anyway.

Neither of them can really do much to the other offstage without a super hard read, but Greninja at least has the mobility to punish Mewtwo if he can force him to land onstage. Not really the case for Mewtwo.

Greninja's also one of the characters with a small enough hurtbox for Mewtwo's grab/jab to randomly whiff even if you do something punishable. It makes Bair a pretty legit approach when it should be absolutely awful.

Staples of Mewtwo's game like Nair, Dtilt and uncharged shadow balls are all pretty much useless against a Greninja that just wants to jump at you, and there are no stages with platforms low enough to stop him from doing that, so...

The one advantage Mewtwo has is a significantly stronger ground game, but Greninja doesn't have to play that game at all until he's looking for the kill and even then he has stuff like empty jump Dtilt and jab1/2 setups that kill much earlier on Mewtwo than most.

TWILT

Banned
New thread smell...looking forward to Lucas; I liked playing him in Brawl. Also, wall of shame:
Kv0oW2N.png

Beats

I think Samus' jab 1 is unsafe on hit against ZSS if she's still grounded after the hit. I'll have to test it out later.

also I gotta record my replays before Lucas comes out. `-`

I'm not dropping Lucas. Maining him unless he's trash somehow
Done with random select?

I don't know if that's totally fair. I still see Mewtwo fairly often in FG.

Anyway, I know I'll be using Lucas a lot since Ness is my tertiary. I'll happily play them both, as I enjoy their differences!
Yeah, but in terms of serious play...

maybe people are just joking, but there are those wanting Lucas to be a "free" character
I haven't seen that said once in these threads.

New thread smell...looking forward to Lucas; I liked playing him in Brawl. Also, wall of shame:
Kv0oW2N.png
Wall of pride, sir!

Kv0oW2N.png
I'm always on this list, don't know whether that's good or not lol.

So there's that new content presentation on Sunday, any chance we'll get word on balance and tournament modes then?

Beats

So there's that new content presentation on Sunday, any chance we'll get word on balance and tournament modes then?

Possibly. I dunno if they'll talk about balance though unless it's major stuff. Speaking of balance, I'm not looking forward to all the changes that people think they've found, but aren't actually true again.

I would've joined the ranbats this season but work and splatoon are eating up my schedule.

Maybe the upcoming update might get me back in smash though.

Who people that defend the clone corner say he is completely different from Falcon. Although he really isn't.
Yeah, he is just a crappy version of Falcon.

Honestly, Dorf's down B should plow through everything. Negate Shadow Ball and just keep going. That, and a grab buff, might make him viable outside of customs.

I would've joined the ranbats this season but work and splatoon are eating up my schedule.

Maybe the upcoming update might get me back in smash though.
It's cool. Other games come out and distract us sometimes. ;)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah, he is just a crappy version of Falcon.

Honestly, Dorf's down B should plow through everything. Negate Shadow Ball and just keep going. That, and a grab buff, might make him viable outside of customs.

If they gave Wizard's Foot Autoguard I'd be happy. But I think Ganon is pretty much screwed at this point. Without customs Ganon players have limited options and like Mewtwo we rely on prediction.

SoldnerKei

thanks to my almost whole month of inactivity I avoided the wall of shame :v

also, has this been posted? Samurai is making a mini direct before Lucas launch, I smell shoryukens
lel yeah maybe at E3
edit: welp, yeah I just saw the thread haha

Oidisco

1v1 anyone? ID is HarimeNui

I'll play for a bit, I'll mostly be using ZSS who I literally just started playing a couple hours ago and am trying to learn. I'm pretty terrible with her, so it's gonna be a bunch of free wins for you!

Realized that Doc isn't totally outclassed by Mario and Luigi.

He's pretty mediocre compared to them, but he has several things going for him. A short hop game is a big one and why Doc is arguably better than Mario at some matchups. He also has the best OoS in the game in Up B, that makes Doc incredibly scary on shield since it kills early. He's also pretty incredible at destroying low recoveries between DAir and Tornado.

It's too bad his mobility and recovery are so shit though. What a wasted potential since his short hop game is so fun.

Top Bottom