• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Cronox

Banned
We're guaranteed balance changes. Always are with maintenance.

Yeah of course. I'm not so sure about a character which is all everyone's been talking about. If there'll be one it'll be a nice surprise, I don't feel the need to get hyped or speculate about it barring data-miners finding the character beforehand though.

Yeah of course. I'm not so sure about a character. If there'll be one it'll be a nice surprise, I don't feel the need to get hyped or speculate about it barring data-miners finding the character beforehand though.
I feel like we'll know by tonight. Nintendo is at PAX. Wouldn't they want to promote it in front of an audience if a character was coming out?

FluxWaveZ

Oh man, I'm playing really poorly. Alright, gonna focus now.

Edit: Last match, Tipster.

Edit 2: GGs! A lot of close matches. I was trying to divide my attention between two things for this set, and that absolutely does not work when matched against great players. A lot of close matches were had.

Oh man, I'm playing really poorly. Alright, gonna focus now.

Edit: Last match, Tipster.

Edit 2: GGs! A lot of close matches. I was trying to divide my attention between two things for this set, and that absolutely does not work when matches against great players. A lot of close matches were had.

No joke! Great games! I really like how your WFT is coming along, she's like a more mobile, combo-y Samus with that Sun-salutation! Super fun games, thanks again for playing!

Ricky 7

I should I have started playing Anther's Ladder sooner, I'm getting so much good experience from there. Takes too long to find a good opponent on For Glory.

Ricky 7

At the top left of the main chat room, there's a "+" tab. Click that and type "neogaf" as the room name and join.

Edit: Haha you beat Taka as well? Was he as mad at losing to you as he was to Shamrock and I?

Thanks, just did that now.

Well I guess he kind of was, he was like "Charizard is dumb, no way is he fucking low tier and Falcon isn't high tier". I just try to be nice to everyone though and say GGs and leave.

Anyone up for some games? Been a while since I've played and want to get back into it lol.
I'm waiting until Mewtwo becomes top tier tomorrow evening.

Thanks, just did that now.

Well I guess he kind of was, he was like "Charizard is dumb, no way is he fucking low tier and Falcon isn't high tier". I just try to be nice to everyone though and say GGs and leave.
Man, Charizard has never been low tier. That belongs to characters like Palutena, Zelda, and Samus.

Remember when almost all of the Smash world called Olimar low tier? lol

SoldnerKei

welp, seems smooth... BUT that delay haha, let me reset the modem, hopefully it'll help..

well after this one

ok, I see what it is, pc is downloading windows updates... douche pc...

SoldnerKei

Hmm, not sure what's going on...

Let me close a few things, and if that doesn't work, then well...

okay, seems better than last time but still no fun, but hey, new patch tomorrow :v

let's try in a few minutes, if you're still available, my sister is uploading some work related documents, that explains the delay

TWILT

Banned
Guueessss it wasn't meant to be today lol. Is there bad weather out there for you right now or family using Netflix or something? So weird to see our connection be this bad when I know we've had good matches before.

Still up for some games for the next hour if someone else wants to play.

EDIT: LETS GO TIPSTER

SoldnerKei

I'm up for a few if you and Kei can't sort it out.

Tipster savin' the day

you should totally play guys

Guueessss it wasn't meant to be today lol. Is there bad weather out there for you right now or family using Netflix or something? So weird to see our connection be this bad when I know we've had good matches before.

Still up for some games for the next hour if someone else wants to play.

EDIT: LETS GO TIPSTER

yeah, the sis is uploading some work stuff, and dunno about weather but it was sorta cloudy lol

nevertheless, once the network gets less busy I'll do some FG games to see if the connection holds up, maybe we can do some 2vs2 or something

Ricky 7

I'm waiting until Mewtwo becomes top tier tomorrow evening.

Man, Charizard has never been low tier. That belongs to characters like Palutena, Zelda, and Samus.

Remember when almost all of the Smash world called Olimar low tier? lol

Yeah I've never thought he was a bad character but I don't think the general consensus about him being low tier is going to change change soon. No one ever uses him and he's not a pick up and play character.

Yeah I've never thought he was a bad character but I don't think the general consensus about him being low tier is going to change change soon. No one ever uses him and he's not a pick up and play character.
I actually find him pretty easy to play. Hardest thing is learning when you can autocancel Nair. Maybe it's just because I play so many bad characters that picking another bad character feels right, lol. :/

Cronox

Banned
I finished uploading all the replays I've saved of me beating and sometimes styling on people in for glory, so I'm ready for Monday now. Bowser for high tier!

In case MagiusNecros is still following the thread, I uploaded a video just for you: It involves a yolo dair...

TWILT

Banned
Fighting Little Mac is too stressful lol

EDIT: Great games, Tipster! Fun matches as always. The Link vs Mac fights were really fun haha.
Will hopefully be back on the Smash grind and playing more regularly now that some of my backlog is clearing up.

Great games TWILT! Lots of super close ones tonight! I was not ready for that Pikachu right out of the gate, holy shit.

Those Link vs Little Mac games were stressful, for both of us! It's so tough to get in on Link, and that down throw to Up smash gave me the business more times than I care to count, haha.

Thanks for playing!

Sakurai probably will never adjust majorly adjust Mewtwo's weight because, well, look at its trophy description.

Mewtwo puts its psychic powers to great use in this game. Not only does it have floaty jumps, but its telekinesis gives its attacks extra reach and its throws added power. However, its light body makes it easy to launch, so if you're willing to take the risk of getting in close, it might just be worth it!

Sakurai's vision for the character in Smash is basically a glass cannon...perhaps they could work on the "cannon" part, however. And his hitboxes.

Boney

Banned
6PM-7PM, I forget the timezone.
Nintendo usually goes with PT, but could be anything cause if it's ww

Mewtwo needs to pack on some weight tbh, then they should work on making him good.
Give Shiek mewtwo's weight
and his janky fair hitbox

If Mewtwo had above average weight he might be bottom mid tier with all his jank included. But as of now he's bottom tier because he's fundamentally flawed. Nothing justifies his weight, he has above average kill power, bad footsies, huge hurtbox and overall bad moves.

But he has a charge projectile so he should be godly in ffa /Sakurai logic

And yeah, he's supposed to work like Akuma in SF but they completely botched it out. Basically, every character should be at risk of dying at 60% just like Mewtwo is. Buff all his kill options considerably (fsmash should hit as hard as bowser's basically) and fix all his attacks that make use of his tail.

So the description doesn't even say anything about using its psychic powers and that's why it's light? It just straight-up says Mewtwo has a "light body" even though Mewtwo has always weighed well over 200 pounds.

I don't understand anything anymore

Beats

I think maybe a lot of people just don't care for the Pikmin series or Olimar as a character, which is why you don't see him being played all that much. I don't think he's low tier/bad after playing him for a while though:
- Decent to good killing power.
- His grab is a tiny bit slower than most, but it has a good amount of active frames and long range. And you can follow-up into fair/up-air from down throw until mid-high percents.
- Can rack up damage fast with Pikmin latching onto the opponent. White Pikmin does like 3% per tick iirc and is a pretty fast projectile.
- Gets better with custom moves, but nobody uses those anymore.
- Really good recovery.
- F-smash has lots of range and is mostly safe on block depending on how far you are from the opponent. You can throw it out a lot without worrying too much.

Some downsides to him are having some stubby normals for close quarters combat. His smash attacks are reflectable and he doesn't really have a good get off me tool. Having no Pikmin is generally pretty bad since you can't do much without them, but it's rare that I have none. You also have to be really aware of where your Pikmin are otherwise some attacks just won't come out. Varying grab range depending on which Pikmin you have up next. He also dies pretty early.

I'm not really an expert on him though, so I might be off about some stuff. I think he's just okay if I had to rate him.

I would love to see Sheik with Mewtwo weight. Ditto for Sonic.

I think maybe a lot of people just don't care for the Pikmin series or Olimar as a character, which is why you don't see him being played all that much. I don't think he's low tier/bad after playing him for a while though:
- Decent to good killing power.
- His grab is a tiny bit slower than most, but it has a good amount of active frames and long range. And you can follow-up into fair/up-air from down throw until mid-high percents.
- Can rack up damage fast with Pikmin latching onto the opponent. White Pikmin does like 3% per tick iirc and is a pretty fast projectile.
- Gets better with custom moves, but nobody uses those anymore.
- Really good recovery.
- F-smash has lots of range and is mostly safe on block depending on how far you are from the opponent. You can throw it out a lot without worrying too much.

Some downsides to him are having some stubby normals for close quarters combat. His smash attacks are reflectable and he doesn't really have a good get off me tool. Having no Pikmin is generally pretty bad since you can't do much without them, but it's rare that I have none. You also have to be really aware of where your Pikmin are otherwise some attacks just won't come out. Varying grab range depending on which Pikmin you have up next. He also dies pretty early.

I'm not really an expert on him though, so I might be off about some stuff. I think he's just okay if I had to rate him.

I agree. I also think that he is unusual, which makes people stray from him. He's one of the harder characters to play.

SoldnerKei

really not expecting much for Link on this patch, nerfs would be stupid thou...

hopefully they make more changes to Marf, he is on the right track, they need to keep making those buffs, I really doubt they will touch ZSS at all.

JulianImp

Maybe they'll make Pac-Man's dair knock your opponent into later hits so that you can actually use it in normal gameplay, or maybe they could remove his grab's deadzone at point-blank range (I've already given up on them fixing the gab range to accurately reflect the beam's).

Oh, and maybe they could make utilt a viable move, since AFAIK usmash has very similar frame data but can kill, hits in front of him and also uses a disjointed hitbox, meaning the only time you utilt is when you mess your inputs up.

Top Bottom