• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

You guys are saying Roy got the Falco treatment, but all of his tilts and aerials look to have the same arcs as Marths. The only differences look to be in length and cosmetic...

Am I missing something?

Cronox

Banned
Karsticles and Magius: Bowser frame data here.

You guys are saying Roy got the Falco treatment, but all of his tilts and aerials look to have the same arcs as Marths. The only differences look to be in length and cosmetic...

Am I missing something?

His aerials look very similar to Marth, yes... :/

Grounded normals look better though.

Boney

Banned
I think I just discovered a new falco tech.

If you up air out of a short hop air dodge it'll cancel all landing lag.

Interesting

Edit: any aerial will cancel it, even fair

Cronox

Banned
Grounded tilts are looking the same to me as well, he's just holding his sword differently.

Maybe it's just the sound effects talking, but he seems to hit harder than Marth, usmash looks good (multihit), dancing blade looks quicker than Marth's, fire up b is kinda cool, dair is closer to Ike's but also seems to hit in front, utilt definitely hits harder than Marth... neutral B is a one hit kill though that means nothing for competitive play. We'll have to have more time to figure out more differences.

Maybe it's just the sound effects talking, but he seems to hit harder than Marth, usmash looks good (multihit), dancing blade looks quicker than Marth's, fire up b is kinda cool, dair is closer to Ike's but also seems to hit in front, utilt definitely hits harder than Marth... neutral B is a one hit kill though that means nothing for competitive play. We'll have to have more time to figure out more differences.

Oh totally, I'm not saying his moves don't have different properties or that he plays the same as Marth. I'm just saying he looks more like a traditional clone than the differences made to Falco and Ganon over time.

But yeah, we'll know more eventually for sure. It's way to early to say anything definitively.

Boney

Banned
Playing Duck Hunt via the subtle art of not knowing how to play Duck Hunt. Good games. And people actually put work into Falco. A lot of the boards barely have anything useful on them.

Lucas looks pretty good. Faster dash attack and aerials seem like they'll be useful.

SoldnerKei

Boney & Tipster I'll be around in case you wanna play our double games, dunno if Solar is around

Nice vídeos of Roy & Ryu, I am really loving what they did with Ryu

Looks like yesterday's practice with Nami is gonna be useful. I swear to god my pool in this league thing is like 40% Luigis and 40% Falcons =.=

Already got a win against a Luigi using stuff I tried out yesterday so there's that

Looks like yesterday's practice with Nami is gonna be useful. I swear to god my pool in this league thing is like 40% Luigis and 40% Falcons =.=

Already got a win against a Luigi using stuff I tried out yesterday so there's that

Well, I just started working... but if you guys are all ready to do our doubles match I can do it now.

Yeah okay. I am done for now.

Alright, GGs. You, Cronox, and Karsticles all play different Bowsers, but I would say yours is closest to Cronox's. I am always surprised at how good I do with Falcon because I don't play him. I hope you didn't mind the taunts, but I have to do them with Falcon, and once you started, I did them on all my characters xD

Alright, GGs. You, Cronox, and Karsticles all play different Bowsers, but I would say yours is closest to Cronox's. I am always surprised at how good I do with Falcon because I don't play him. I hope you didn't mind the taunts, but I have to do them with Falcon, and once you started, I did them on all my characters xD

You shouldn't be, that's just an inherent characteristic of Falcon.

Everyone has pocket Falcons, even people who don't use him.

Everyone.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Your Yoshi is something else. Akuma level crap right there.

Top Bottom