• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowmoney

I wish we got DDR Mario Mix stage , I was hoping to see one in brawl but that didn't happen and I guess there is no hope to see one in Smash 4.

Azure J

The biggest reason why I miss Rare? This song was never used on the Luigi's Mansion stage in Brawl. This exercise in finding music that could/should be in Smash made me go back through a lot of stuff only to find this and remember how whoa it was to hear this after going through the rest of the game and hearing mostly fun/funny styles of music. There is legit tension in the air when you finish the Furnace Fun thing, come back and go up the stairs to the top floor of Gruntilda's Lair in Banjo-Kazooie.

justchris

Brawl theme was amazing at the time but it was so overused in the game that I don't really like it. Waiting room version is good though.

See, I didn't care about the base Brawl theme, but I actually liked the remixes, especially the fast Battlefield (or was it FD) version. Waiting room version was good, too, though.

jph139

Ooh another thing I was wondering about regarding the old smash direct. In reference to assist trophies, Sakurai makes the comment "these figure into all star mode, so I look to put in as many as possible"

Maybe I'm just not remembering what all star mode is and how assist trophies figure into it?

I remember reading that the Japanese version doesn't quite say the same thing - that "all-star mode" is a mistranslation of "all-star style" or something along those lines. Meaning that Smash Bros. is a game of all-star characters, and Assist Trophies are a good way to add more all-stars to the lineup.

...now I can't remember where I read that, though.

After rewatching this, Mac must be stoked to be getting another chance to compete - I hope this game returns to the hilarious commercials of Smash 64

I always have THIS OLD FAN THING in mind when it comes to Punch-Out!! stuff.

"Mac baby! Say goodnight!"

El Sabroso

After rewatching this, Mac must be stoked to be getting another chance to compete - I hope this game returns to the hilarious commercials of Smash 64

This and the Smash trailer give me much hype

One of the best game commercials ever. I love when Nintendo gets silly (which they seem to be doing more lately). Really looking forward to Smash's advertising campaign. Whoever is playing Doc Louis is amazing.

Agreed, is hilarious when he hits Little Mac in the commercial

Kriken

zlCfzSLe8V067_flET

Pic of the day. Here's a Screen K.O. shot. There are also patterns where players will disappear into the sky for Star K.O.s, but as a match's time limit approaches, those K.O.s will not occur anymore.

Vyse24

Pic of the day. Here's a Screen K.O. shot. There are also patterns where players will disappear into the sky for Star K.O.s, but as a match's time limit approaches, those K.O.s will not occur anymore.

zlCfzSLe8V067_flET

Wow even the female counterpart of Villager is evil from the background

Toxi

Banned
zlCfzSLe8V067_flET

Oh my God, that's awesome. No timer scamming here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom