• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamix012

So that list with Shulk and the others are fake?

I believe there were two sets of leaks and for some reason people auto assumed the 2nd was real because the 1st was fully confirmed basically. The first contained the likes of Villager, Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer before they were announced, but the 2nd seemed a little more fishy.

One of them was "Pokemon from X/Y." Also included Chorus Men, Shulk and Chrom. Even though it's from the same source I doubt it's legitimate and kind of always have done.

FALCHION KICK

vf5E3JG.gif
Look at her face! She can't believe the power of the captain

Kouriozan

Crazy to hear things like "we still don't know much about it in that thread". It's true enough though; that thread was before the Smash Direct and the invitational and the Best Buy demo. It seems like we know so much more now, just a short time from when that thread was made.

Btw, how do you check the top posters for a thread?

Click the replies number.

Golnei

I'm just excited to see the updated list of newcomers. The roster is looking so amazing!!

I'm excited for pretty much every newcomer so far, and now for the last few. Such a turnaround in one day...perhaps Sakurai really is the mastermind behind all this, calculating the optimum format for his desired emotional reaction.

Anth0ny

I'm a little down on the graphics.

The jump from Melee to Brawl seems to be as big as the one from Brawl to Wii U. This is despite the fact that the Wii U is miles more powerful than the Wii, which itself was only slightly more powerful than the GameCube. It certainly doesn't make me go 'wow' like Mario Kart 8 did.

Is this a sacrifice for 1080p/60fps?

Most likely, yes. There's no way they pull off MK8 level graphics and keep 1080p/60fps with all that crap going on on one screen.

I'm still waiting for Ryce/BGBW to make a smaller icon.

I think it's a reference to Gemantsu Leak. People chose to believe in hype over the leaks. I dunno since it won the poll.

Yep, Pop changed the poll with three titles, and this title won.
Should still probably change it, it should have been removed with the other Shulk titles. People didn't come up with ideas like "Falchion Punch" until after the video. You might as well have made it "Shulk Smash" lol

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
Holy shit I just realised, if we really do live in a crazy world where Robin & Lucina can get preference over Chrom, then maybe there's actually a chance of Riki & Dunban knocking Shulk out of contention? Yeah, it'll happen on the same day that Pop-O-Matic's avatar turns out to be a prophecy, but, still... it's so nice to actually be able to dream and speculate again!

Dammit why did Tingle have to be deconfirmed at E3 ;_;

Really glad with the way the roster for this game is shaping up. Already it has totally exceeded my expectations. We'll definitely be getting 50+ this time around. Hype!

Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon. Well worth the wait.
Not even mad Lucina is a blatant clone, considering her role in her game.
Just glad that Fire Emblem got the magic user representative it deserved.
Now Metroid and Donkey Kong both need the additional representatives they deserve, but that's another thing entirely. We'll see how that one goes.

Neiteio

I'm excited for pretty much every newcomer so far, and now for the last few. Such a turnaround in one day...perhaps Sakurai really is the mastermind behind all this, calculating the optimum format for his desired emotional reaction.
I wouldn't put it past him.

*Meanwhile, at Mother Base, on the dark side of the moon*

SAKURAI:

b3746a89cbb3c8f7cdd85110c09a68561371408188_full.png

"It appears they've fallen for the Gematsu leak. Well-done, Sakur-cat."

*Sakur-cat looks up from an email he's writing to Sal and gives Sakurai a thumbs-up using a robotic thumb appendage*

SAKURAI:

b3746a89cbb3c8f7cdd85110c09a68561371408188_full.png

"Now we need people to be doubly certain Monday will show Shulk. Monolith Soft Bros, retweet the announcement!"

"And now... We play the waiting game."

Azure J

FALCHION KICK

vf5E3JG.gif

Falcon's all "fuck yo' tippers"

I must be the only one upset Id ~ Purpose was not used in Robin's trailer.

I'm happy it's a stage theme at least. Best song in Awakening.

Maybe it's because I was playing some PM a few hours ago but, that almost looks like it was L-canceled, since the animation of her landing looks like it was sped up. Maybe they added it in after all the E3 impressions.

I really didn't want to pitch in any thoughts since it's all stitched together gameplay footage, but as soon as I saw this pop up on my Twitter feed, I felt it like it was L cancelled or the landing lag was such that it immediately brought comparisons to L cancelled neutral air in P:M especially. That move is my go-to aerial approach with Marth and after seeing it thousands of times, I feel really personally confident that something has changed here. Whether it's Lucina/Lucina-Marth or first signs of a reduction of aerial lag in general, I can't say but man oh man am I excite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom