• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

Jaeger

I already pointed that purely in the nature of how we received them, it's fake.

Here is why those images are fake; the quality of the images. You have access to the game, supposedly with most if not all the content supposedly unlocked, and the best you can do is off center or cropped, skewered perspective images in what appears to be an almost black room?

- Your cell phone doesn't have video features?
- No way to get an entire screen, or the top and bottom screen together in one shot?
- Not even an image of your hands or anything else to help solidify it's authenticity?

This style of fakeshots is ancient. I even helped make one a few years ago myself, for "Capcom vs. SNK 3". But it's no longer enough (for me) to show a few dark room, off center blurry images when you have an over 5 megapixel camera with video recording on your tiny pocket sized cell phone.

Unless you are a ninja, and infiltrated Nintendo Japan's headquarters with nothing but a Polaroid, this is inexcusable. I don't even need to analyze the images beyond that. Anyone can make convincing renders. Photoshop is a Google search away.

I thought you said you were done?

With you.

Who are these people? All five of them? The amount of bandwagoning going on in the Smash community is embarrassing. As soon as one characters gets rumored, everybody starts putting it on their hypothetical roster even if nobody suggested it beforehand. Nobody gave a shit about the Duck Hunt Dog until the Ninka leak. Nobody gave a shit about the Chorus Kids until the second Gematsu leak. All of these "leaks" just keep piggybacking off of each other for attention, yet I'm still waiting for concrete proof. Maybe if this was posted before the Meta Knight reveal.

For what it's worth, I've wanted Duck Hunt Dog to be back in something in some form for a long time, whether that be an easter egg or a new Duck Hunt downloadable game.

I used to mention Duck Hunt Dog as (semi-jokingly) being a better NES retro character than Ice Climbers because a huge amount of people would actually know who he is.

Most of the reasons why this leak is believed to be fake are "SAKURAI WOULD NEVER DO THAT OMG HOW CAN HE CONSIDER YOSHI A MARIO REP IS HE GOING INSANE"

Wake the fuck up people, Sakurai does what he wants.

JoeInky

People posted blurry screenshots of Pokemon X&Y with new pokemon and people were convinced that they were fake because "Why would frogadiers evolution lose the bubbles and have a tongue, that doesn't make sense", "Hawlucha's feathers aren't symmetrical, obvious photoshop" and "Look at these blurry pictures, it's obviously a really bad fake".

The way it's been leaked doesn't confirm or deny it.

People posted blurry screenshots of Pokemon X&Y with new pokemon and people were convinced that they were fake because "Why would frogadiers evolution lose the bubbles and have a tongue, that doesn't make sense", "Hawlucha's feathers aren't symmetrical, obvious photoshop" and "Look at these blurry pictures, it's obviously a really bad fake".

The way it's been leaked doesn't confirm or deny it.
Exactly haha, I feel like most of these people just really don't like Dark Pit or Duck Hunt.

Smash run?

10557243_497225193754669_2881481381654851470_n.jpg

Pretty sure that's Amiibo's char level

I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE CONTEXT OF THE SPOILER WAS AND BLINDLY UNSPOILED IT FUCK ME FUCK ME FUCK ME FUCK ME FUCK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
If it's any consolation, while that's definitely a spoiler, it's a REALLY small one in the grand scheme of things.
There are bigger spoilers in the same scene it happens in.

Aβydoς;126291866 said:
Most of the reasons why this leak is believed to be fake are "SAKURAI WOULD NEVER DO THAT OMG HOW CAN HE CONSIDER YOSHI A MARIO REP IS HE GOING INSANE"

Wake the fuck up people, Sakurai does what he wants.

I never said that this would disprove the leak, it just is odd. I already mentioned that, if it were real, it might be due to the full roster not being unlocked or whatever, so characters are a bit jumbled up. But given the history of Sakurai's treatment of the Yoshi series, it would seem weird for him to suddenly change that.
Especially when he made it specifically a point to give Yoshi its own trophy category in Brawl, and put him between the DK guys and Wario in the column of the Brawl roster that is for characters that are not mainline characters, but in the greater Mario universe.

Idk guys......I think this is it. Only thing that bugs me is Ness' shirt and even that.

E: NEVERMIND lol. I guess it is real then!

TEAM REAL.
pls

Just play in Japanese, the game has subtitles.
Like I said, one of the problems. There are plenty more issues I had and just decided it wasn't worth my time.

If I was going to play any RPG anytime soon it would be the (in my eyes) vastly superior Tales of Xillia 1 or 2 or Final Fantasy X HD. Those are on my back burners but I haven't played through a RPG in years because of the time sink.

I'm joining team real.

The placement of characters is so bizarre and random that I just don't think somebody would go to the effort of faking everything else and making a dumb mistake like that.

There are most likely be more unlockable characters which ultimately fix the roster order. I vaguely remember Brawl having annoying character placements as well until you unlocked the whole cast.

I'm gonna assume there's a minimum: extra zelda rep, ice climbers, lucas, and chorus men

Hatchtag

Banned
Why would the video be on the 3DS screen then? You would think the video ESRB gets would he on a DVD/Bluray/Download file.

There is no reason they would be viewing a video on the 3DS screen.

It's not on the 3DS screen. There's no bar between top and bottom screens because it isn't being viewed on the 3DS screen.

I thought the 3DS Amiibo stand won't be available until well into next year?

We don't know what those levels are. It could be Smash Run item related, it could be CPU levels displaying where player names would be during Smash Run, it could be Amiibo stuff, it could be a lot of things.

Amiibo stuff has to be shown to the ESRB since it's part of the game, even if it won't be active until later on.

Neoxon

I'm joining team real.

The placement of characters is so bizarre and random that I just don't think somebody would go to the effort of faking everything else and making a dumb mistake like that.

There are most likely be more unlockable characters which ultimately fix the roster order. I vaguely remember Brawl having annoying character placements as well until you unlocked the whole cast.

I'm gonna assume there's a minimum: extra zelda rep, ice climbers, lucas, and chorus men
Didn't you read the OP, there's supposedly 5 DLC characters (Ice Climbers, Lucas, Chorus Men, Snake, & Wolf).

I honestly think we won't get another Zelda rep.

That fanfiction has us down to a T. The real story though is that Sakurai is behind the leak! It's so obvious. He makes the leak awful, in order to be our hero when he debunks it!

Like I said, one of the problems. There are plenty more issues I had and just decided it wasn't worth my time.

If I was going to play any RPG anytime soon it would be the (in my eyes) vastly superior Tales of Xillia 1 or 2 or Final Fantasy X HD. Those are on my back burners but I haven't played through a RPG in years because of the time sink.

Uh, so I'm not a "All JRPGs are terrible!" sort of person and am actually a rather big fan of Tales games and FF games and I finished Xenoblade a few weeks ago.

I don't think it's the revolutionary amazing JRPG people clamor about it being, but what you just said is straight-up crazy person nonsense.

georly

I pointed this out earlier, we know Amiibos are represented by FP not 1-4P.

Definitely not amiibo, but it doesn't mean that custom characters can't have levels either. Maybe higher levels allows you to equip better equipment, etc. Could be for single player content. *shrugs*

I already pointed that purely in the nature of how we received them, it's fake.

Ignoring the Pokemon X/Y leaked shots that were of a very similar quality and had "inconsistencies".

It's fine that you think it's fake, it really is, but the manner through which you are expressing that with Beelze is a little ridiculous. It's been nothing but puffed chests and hostility.

Jaeger

Ignoring the Pokemon X/Y leaked shots that were of a very similar quality and had "inconsistencies".

It's fine that you think it's fake, it really is, but the manor through which you are expressing that with Beelze is a little ridiculous. It's been nothing but puffed chests and hostility.

Nothing worse that an after the conversation ended between the two comment. You really don't have to say anything regarding it, to be honest with ya.

Ricky 7

Aww that's a shame everything about the game is better than Xillia except the battle system but you need a lot of time to get into the game which you don't have which is why it's a shame. T_T It's such a good game

Top Bottom