• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

J@hranimo

Banned
Until we start seeing more in game pics, I'm still not claiming a side. Gotta remain composed during this business, even with how entertaining it is.

Tripon

Bvf0DdZIgAEK-aa.png
Nintendo España ‏@NintendoES now
¡En guardia! #SmashBros pic.twitter.com/YVO1FkhT54

Ahnez

Have someone here played the 3DS demo against CPUs?

I dont remember the function of those blackish bars, was it for names?

If it is, maybe they really could be used to display the lv during the match

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Until we start seeing more in game pics, I'm still not claiming a side. Gotta remain composed during this business, even with how entertaining it is.

Sadly, this leak seems to be from a video, and not someone with a leaked copy...

I don't think we'll see any more pictures any time soon, except pictures made by different people to ride off this one.

Ignoring the Pokemon X/Y leaked shots that were of a very similar quality and had "inconsistencies".

It's fine that you think it's fake, it really is, but the manner through which you are expressing that with Beelze is a little ridiculous. It's been nothing but puffed chests and hostility.
Exactly haha, things are getting a little silly around here. Like I said, everyone just needs to calm down and wait to see what happens next.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sadly, this leak seems to be from a video, and not someone with a leaked copy...

I don't think we'll see any more pictures any time soon, except pictures made by different people to ride off this one.

Yeah, Video is more likely but is it fake or not is questionable. I sincerely hope that we would get veteran this week to prove or disprove the leak.

Village

Nintendo would never sully Link's image with someone like him. If they do voiced Link DLC, Jeffrey Rath is the only worthy candidate.
Pssh no

Jyb is the greatest in sounding like a teenaged boy forever technology. Also I have zero's mvc3 voice over link in brawl mods.

It fits so damn much its kind of scary

Gartooth

OK, assuming the leak is the real deal, would you be happy with the leaked characters?

My own feelings is that I'd be pretty happy that the cut characters at least made it into the game... but I'd also be very annoyed with paying separately for Snake or Ice Climbers. No Mewtwo at all would continue to piss me off, and I'd be disappointed that we didn't get a new DKC character.

Duck Hunt Dog would be a cool surprise though.

I wonder how people would react if we had seen this roster beforehand, like at E3 two years ago.

"They kept Lucario but cut Pokemon Trainer and didn't bring back Mewtwo? Fake."

"Bowser Jr makes sense, but Rosalina? No way this is real."

"Why do Zelda and Sheik have different roster spots? Sakurai has never done that before, I can't imagine he'd start now."

"Toon Link is in but Wolf is cut? Lol no."

J@hranimo

Banned

Yeah, Video is more likely but is it fake or not is questionable. I sincerely hope that we would get veteran this week to prove or disprove the leak.

Ah Dammit! This is likely going ti bleed into the weekend and we still won't know anymore unless Samurai drops a bomb or they post a clip from the video D:

Call me Nostradamus if it helps you understand my ways, but do not fear my powers. I come only to humbly offer obvious insight.

I remember seeing your post in the beginning of the thread as well. That's crazy.
teach me your ways...

Growlie19

OK, assuming the leak is the real deal, would you be happy with the leaked characters?

My own feelings is that I'd be pretty happy that the cut characters at least made it into the game... but I'd also be very annoyed with paying separately for Snake or Ice Climbers. No Mewtwo at all would continue to piss me off, and I'd be disappointed that we didn't get a new DKC character.

Shulk made it, so yes. As long as the DLC is priced right, I'd gladly shell out money for Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Wolf.

If the DLC is free, totally satisfied with the roster. If it's paid, still satisfied, but slightly annoyed to be paying for mainly veterans.

It's clearly Oric, LET'S GET HIM!
I'M JUST THE MESSENGER!

Fireblend

Banned

Very, very happy. And I'll gladly pay to have Lucas back. I don't care much about Snake, but if I liked him, I'd be euphoric about him being possibly back.

So, I actually just woke up and am trying to catch up on stuff. Is there any indication that this leak is providing the final roster? Not including the DLC, just any other characters.

Golnei

I'd also be annoyed with paid veteran DLC; but there's no doubt I'd buy everything available due to my whale-like nature. Though if the other part of the leak is true, and Ridley and Dixie are in fact playable, I could forgive nearly everything, with only a minor pang of guilt and/or shame.

So, I actually just woke up and am trying to catch up on stuff. Is there any indication that this leak is providing the final roster? Not including the DLC, just any other characters.
I think the first leaker said it was the final roster. There's also only five spots left on the screen at that size.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder how people would react if we had seen this roster beforehand, like at E3 two years ago.
I always like that when people have a problem with a leak others always assume it is because of the roster. My main beef is actually with the look. When we saw the game at E3 I assumed the character selection screen was a placeholder for E3, so if that look was kept for the final game I'd be somewhat disappointed. Sakurai games have nice menu design but that selection screen looks proper drab.

I remember reading a post that said this didnt represent the fully unlocked roster, but cant remember the source. It was late.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Kind sad looking at this...

If the leak is real, it's even more true as we got Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, and most of the franchises don't get new stages in the 3DS Version.

Myn

People posted blurry screenshots of Pokemon X&Y with new pokemon and people were convinced that they were fake because "Why would frogadiers evolution lose the bubbles and have a tongue, that doesn't make sense", "Hawlucha's feathers aren't symmetrical, obvious photoshop" and "Look at these blurry pictures, it's obviously a really bad fake".

Didn't the game come out early on accident due to some stores being negligent about release date? There was evidence to believe leaks to be true due to that and as time went on, people posted pictures of decent to high quality. Even the first leaked photos with Greninja and Hawlucha, albeit low quality, were plentiful and had screenshots of different aspects of the game from overworld to battle screen to their status screen.

Meanwhile, this Smash leak only shows character portraits, a menu screen, and the character select screen, some of the easiest things to make a convincing fake. Again, nothing of actual gameplay is shown nor additional modes or features that Sakurai has hinted at that haven't been released yet are even being mentioned. Also, the whole context of how these leakers were able to obtain copies via ESRB sounds really gimmicky to me. I'm unconvinced that an employee would take low quality screenshots and take to sites like 4chan/GameFAQs and blatantly claim the copies were for ESRB ratings. Why would an actual employee give any insight on how they obtained the game if it was in relation to their job? Also going so far as displaying the name ESRB008 or whatever, that just makes no sense as it pretty much lets ESRB know that someone under their company was responsible for the leak. They would be eventually tracked down and penalties would be given. I don't think doing something like this is worth losing your job over.

In my opinion, a real leaker with a legitimate copy of the game would provide more than what's been given to us instead of being insanely cryptic, only revealing the character roster in typical Smash leaker fashion, low quality photos of the character roster and a bullshit story of how they got the game.

Top Bottom