• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, drag me in the street and shoot me for being optimistic about something I'd like to see in a game franchise I've been following since it's inception.

I know it's wrong of me to want things I desire in a game I plan on paying money for.

Fuck was I thinking?

Be grateful that the game even exists, and be happy with what you got, even if it wasn't what you wanted. Expressing any discontent with the status quo and hope for something more is just disrespectful to all the potential buyers that got what they wanted.

/s

johnbone

I checked around but I don't see the Wii U boxart, anyone got it on imgur or something? Thanks!

http://engagedfamilygaming.com/console-pc-gaming/home-consoles/wii-u/super-smash-brothers-wiiu3ds-roster-updates/attachment/smashwiiu-box-art/

image_321630_full.jpg

Jaeger

That's fun, thanks for posting the list of TeamFakers! There's some perfect examples of how to and how not to talk about this sort of thing.

Super Wrong.

Insult people and claim you could do better, but offer no proof or evidence in favor of your argument.

Also Wrong.

Gloat, make fun of people.

The Right Way!

State your opinion, provide a reason for your opinion (which in this case, conveniently doubles as a piece of evidence you're admitting will change your mind if it comes out), and most importantly - Be nice!

The first two leave you looking dumb if you're proven wrong, and petty either way.

The third example leaves you looking like a nice, reasonable person no matter how it pans out!

I've already eaten my crow, and taken my avatar. What's the point of taking my name off it, when everyone that's here now, was here last week? And why not post the posts I replied to, to give an accurate context to my posts?

Get out of here with that shit.
Be grateful that the game even exists, and be happy with what you got, even if it wasn't what you wanted. Expressing any discontent with the status quo and hope for something more is just disrespectful to all the potential buyers that got what they wanted.

/s

Fuck does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Akai

Also, at this point I think we can assume that Wario hasn't been revealed yet because he's in a newcomer video. The question is, if Chorus Kids aren't in, who will it be? I guess he could team up with Bowser Jr, but maybe we'd see him with Duck Hunt?

I think that Bowser Jr. and Wario would be the perfect combination, if only for their equal level of mischievousness. Like having Wario stealing treasure from Bowser's Castle, only to be chased by the Koopa Kids...

I've already eaten my crow, and taken my avatar. What's the point of taking my name off it, when everyone that's here now, was here last week? And why not post the posts I replied to, to give an accurate context to my posts?

I think he removed your name to be respectful. I don't think you got the point of the post :(

I think that Bowser Jr. and Wario would be the perfect combination, if only for their equal level of mischievousness. Like having Wario stealing treasure from Bowser's Castle, only to be chased by the Koopa Kids...
Ooh, that's actually a really good idea! Like Bowser's fighting Mario so Wario thought he'd be able to get away... But nope!

Moonlight

Banned
This was a controlled leak so that the newcomer video of Anna riding Ridley to do battle with Kumatora is the surprise that Sakurai was hoping for

Jaeger

If #teamfake was right, then what? How would the flow have changed? Everyone who bashed #teamfake people would be the dicks.

Again, get out of here with that.

I think he removed your name to be respectful. I don't think you got the point of the post :(

Ooh, that's actually a really good idea! Like Bowser's fighting Mario so Wario thought he'd be able to get away... But nope!

There's nothing respectful about that. Everyone knows I said it, and I'm not trying to hide that. I was sincere in my position, and I was wrong about it. It happens, and life goes on.

emb

Well, drag me in the street and shoot me for being optimistic about something I'd like to see in a game franchise I've been following since it's inception.

I know it's wrong of me to want things I desire in a game I plan on paying money for.

Fuck was I thinking?
We don't hate you for being optimistic. (Well, ok, Beelz might, but he's kinda blunt anyway. Don't sweat that.) The way I see it, I don't think people should get their hopes up any more. It's setting us all up for disappointment. And then if I'm wrong, and there are more characters? Sweeet, more characters. Pleasant surprise! It's an option select; either you're right or you get more characters. The optimistic way is more high risk/high reward.

Remember, we're just here to discuss video games. Light heartedly mocking eachother is kinda part of the fun. Don't take it too seriously.

cmChimera

Fuck was I thinking?

Relax. You can want it all you want. But wanting something is a lot different than expecting something.

Jaeger

Relax. You can want it all you want. But wanting something is a lot different than expecting something.

And what is the context to that? I hate posts like this.

"Relax, bruh. You aren't wrong for wanting it, but you are wrong for really wanting it."

cmChimera

What's up with this teams inability to render links face

I don't see a problem with Link's face.

And what is the context to that? I hate posts like this.

"Relax, bruh. You aren't wrong for wanting it, but you are wrong for really wanting it."
There's been no evidence to suggest Ridley is playable. People don't make fun of others because they want Ridley to be playable. People make fun of people making ridiculous and tenuous theories as to why he is definitely playable. That's the context.

emb

I seem to recall hearing you say it was fake because "Why would they take horrible pictures instead of just capturing a video considering how easy it is to do so nowadays", or am I misremembering?
The post below got quoted; he's just being ironic. :)
Yep

this is it

this is the fake SmashGAF loses its shit over only to eat crow and do a complete 180, saying, "I knew it was fake all along, the colors were off!"

We don't hate you for being optimistic. (Well, ok, Beelz might, but he's kinda blunt anyway. Don't sweat that.) The way I see it, I don't think people should get their hopes up any more. It's setting us all up for disappointment. And then if I'm wrong, and there are more characters? Sweeet, more characters. Pleasant surprise! It's an option select; either you're right or you get more characters. The optimistic way is more high risk/high reward.
I don't hate anyone :)

And I completely agree. It's perfectly fine to still have hope for an unlikely character (I still don't have the heart to cash in on my Snake bets yet), but it's counterproductive when you try to convince (perhaps uninformed) members of the board that the character has a good chance, when they've already been heavily hinted at not being playable. And it's another thing entirely when you get really hostile when people point out that unlikelyhood.

SmithnCo

There's nothing super serious about the roster of a video game, no need to call people out on what they've said in the midst of hype and speculation. Unless they promised to shulk dicks.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
How many hours do you all think you will put into the 3ds version when you get it soon or later? (/ω\*)

I don't know. I will try to 100% the game and playing online game much as I can until Wii U came out then I might split hours between both games.

Jaeger

There's been no evidence to suggest Ridley is playable. People don't make fun of others because they want Ridley to be playable. People make fun of people making ridiculous and tenuous theories as to why he is definitely playable. That's the context.

The speculation exist because we have yet to get confirmation, or even see him. So everything else is just people attempting to Rain on people's parade, which is stupid. The fact that everyone is going back and fourth about it shows how fucking stupid it is.

Fuck does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Honestly, sorry for the offense. I took your name off because I doubt everyone memorized the name of every single member of team fake, and I didn't want to rub salt in any wounds.

If TeamFake had been right, it still would have been petty to insult team real, and even now that team real is right, any of them who insulted team fake are equally petty.

JoeInky

How many hours do you all think you will put into the 3ds version when you get it soon or later? (/ω\*)

How ever many hours there are till the WiiU version releases and then divide that by about two.

Once the WiiU version releases, it becomes a dust collector.

I don't know. I will try to 100% the game and playing online game much as I can until Wii U came out then I might split hours between both games.

Thousands. Literally thousands.

Because it's portable I'm sure that means I'll even keep logging hours once the Wii U version launches.

Probably 50 or so till Smash U. I'm not sure if I'll play it much after the U release...

How ever many hours there are till the WiiU version releases and then divide that by about two.

Once the WiiU version releases, it becomes a dust collector.

I have kind of been in a bittersweet outlook for it. On one hand its a chance to mess with the characters & really dig into how they work, on the other hand I am very competitive & seasoned with smash bros. The thought of being restricted to the circle pad is off putting. Smash imo isnt a game that can be played super well on something like the 3DS controls :/

Maybe I'm just over thinking it. I Just wish the 3ds version came out when they said it would so there would be plenty of time to adjust. I just feel like its going to be the "tide you over" game then the wiiU Version will kill its population. Is it even worth 100% if thats the case ?

Sorry for so many question(°ロ°)

cmChimera

The speculation exist because we have yet to get confirmation, or even see him. So everything else is just people attempting to Rain on people's parade, which is stupid. The fact that everyone is going back and fourth about it shows how fucking stupid it is.
I get that there hasn't been an explicit "Ridley is a boss" announcement. However, it was clearly implied. Very clearly. Like I said though, that has been the only Ridley "tease" I just think any and everything else people have said that "teases" Ridley is straw grasping. I just don't see the logic behind the idea that Sakurai has been dragging Ridley fans around, teasing them, and laughing maniacally.

We totally agree on Ridley, btw, if that helps. Same case really, as the Fake/Real debates. I personally fall down on one side of it (he's in), but I don't think either side needs to make fun of the other.

emb

I have kind of been in a bittersweet outlook for it. On one hand its a chance to mess with the characters & really dig into how they work, on the other hand I am very competitive & seasoned with smash bros. The thought of being restricted to the circle pad is off putting. Smash imo isnt a game that can be played super well on something like the 3DS controls :/

Maybe I'm just over thinking it. I Just wish the 3ds version came out when they said it would so there would be plenty of time to adjust. I just feel like its going to be the "tide you over" game then the wiiU Version will kill its population. Is it even worth 100% if thats the case ?

Sorry for so many question(°ロ°)
It's definitely gonna be weird getting used to the 3DS controls, then finally getting the real controller in November for what's pretty much the same game.

I've been playing some 64 lately though... it's always a shame not to have a GCN pad as an option, but eventually I finally start to adapt. Circle pad will probably be the same way. Iirc Kid Icarus had some 'smash the stick' inputs and they weren't really that bad (even though the camera controls were bad).

Kouichi

Hard to say since I'll be constantly switching between the two versions. Though I already know I'll play both way more than Brawl, so I wouldn't be surprised if I reached over a thousand.

Not too much. I doubt I'll even get all the trophies in all honesty. I guess it all depends on how long it takes to unlock everything, and how compelling the single player options are (Smash Run is local only, right?)

My friends love playing Smash, but don't have 3DSs.

Kyzer

Banned
I get that there hasn't been an explicit "Ridley is a boss" announcement. However, it was clearly implied. Very clearly. Like I said though, that has been the only Ridley "tease" I just think any and everything else people have said that "teases" Ridley is straw grasping. I just don't see the logic behind the idea that Sakurai has been dragging Ridley fans around, teasing them, and laughing maniacally.

Isn't you sticking to your guns because of your own personal conclusions based on sakurais implications the same thing as what he's doing?

Clefargle

Yeah, I don't get it. Sure, they could have used a different version of link from SS but I don't get the hate for the current model. It's not poorly done, the haters just don't like the style he was designed to have for this game. Sorry, your subjective opinion doesn't ruin a good representation of an awesome character. Maybe it does for you but not I.

Why am I just realizing that you have a GAF account!? X_X

If it's anything like Brawl (7000+ hours) then probably around 3000/4000+ hours. XD

Playing with friends is key!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom