• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

Alright, time for some hard-hitting analysis.

There's something that kind of bugs me about Shulk's alt. This is something I see with a lot of anime/video game guys, but it's especially egregious with Shulk. Looking at him, he's a pretty skinny dude. Legs, arms, shoulders, neck - there's not a lot of muscle on him. You can see his ribs. Yet he has inexplicably well-defined abs. How does that happen? How does a guy who has no discernible muscle anywhere else on his body have a perfect six-pack?

While I'm on the subject of Shulk's alt, what's the deal with his shoes? If Lucina's boots are the pinnacle of Smash fashion, these things are the absolute depths. They're dangerously close to being crocs.
It's always east to see Skinny guys' abs, what are you talking about? :p

Neiteio

There's something that kind of bugs me about Shulk's alt. This is something I see with a lot of anime/video game guys, but it's especially egregious with Shulk. Looking at him, he's a pretty skinny dude. Legs, arms, shoulders, neck - there's not a lot of muscle on him. You can see his ribs. Yet he has inexplicably well-defined abs. How does that happen? How does a guy who has no discernible muscle anywhere else on his body have a perfect six-pack?

While I'm on the subject of Shulk's alt, what's the deal with his shoes? If Lucina's boots are the pinnacle of Smash fashion, these things are the absolute depths. They're dangerously close to being crocs.
You can be lean but muscular.

Also, I think those shoes are meant for use in water. :)

Fandangox

How about people stop being mean to other people on the Internet

Just a thought

w9Vgk3w.gif

It's always east to see Skinny guys' abs, what are you talking about? :p

I'm skinnier than Shulk, so why don't I have a gut like his? :(

You can be lean but muscular.

Also, I think those shoes are meant for use in water. :)

The abs just look out of place; they're too well-defined, like he's done a million crunches but hasn't worked on any other part of his body.

And water shoes or not, he could still have benefited from a good shoe designer
I nominate you

SmithnCo

Looks similar to a swimmer's physique.

DarkKyo

I haven't been keeping up with the news very much, what's the current status of the roster? Is it finalized as far as we know, like no unknown characters left? I only ask because it seems like it's been awhile since we've gotten any interesting leaks.

I have a friend who marched in the Cadets last summer, and he looks like that. Super skinny except for abs. It's a real thing.

I haven't been keeping up with the news very much, what's the current status of the roster? Is it finalized as far as we know, like no unknown characters left? I only ask because it seems like it's been awhile since we've gotten any interesting leaks.
It's very likely that we know the final roster, outside of DLC.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, it's possible that 51 characters roster is finalized but we don't know for sure tho.

Ryce

Does anyone else think that Dr. Mario should get his own series icon? Dr. Mario has branched out into its own sub-series like Yoshi, and a pill makes a lot more sense for the character than a mushroom. The Dr. Mario games are mostly self-contained, and Dr. Mario doesn’t exactly show up in the main series or Mario Kart.

Y6L2mZb.png

Imagine seeing that pop up on the screen after winning with Dr. Mario, accompanied by a short Dr. Mario musical flourish. It just feels right, and it'd help further separate him from the standard Mario.

zroid

Banned

I wouldn't call anything finalized until the game is out. Just a couple weeks left!

Six-packs can appear from a combination off very low body fat and a small amount of muscle. He's built like the average high school swimmer.

Now, "why would a swordsman be built like a swimmer?"is whole separate problem.

Neiteio

Does anyone else think that Dr. Mario should get his own series icon? Dr. Mario has branched out into its own sub-series like Yoshi, and a pill makes a lot more sense for the character than a mushroom. The Dr. Mario games are mostly self-contained, and Dr. Mario doesn’t exactly show up in the main series or Mario Kart.

Y6L2mZb.png

Imagine seeing that pop up on the screen after winning with Dr. Mario, accompanied by a short Dr. Mario musical flourish. It just feels right.
I think that'd be cool, yes. :)

Y6L2mZb.png

Imagine seeing that pop up on the screen after winning with Dr. Mario, accompanied by a short Dr. Mario musical flourish. It just feels right, and it'd help further separate him from the standard Mario.
That would be great! Have we seen him with the mushroom yet?

Kinsei

Banned

Y6L2mZb.png

I think he should get one once he gets a unique moveset.

Y6L2mZb.png

I would rather see Luigi get his own icon because of The Year of Luigi and the Mansion games but I guess there are too few to be counted as a separate branch.

ffdgh

Six-packs can appear from a combination off very low body fat and a small amount of muscle. He's built like the average high school swimmer.

Now, "why would a swordsman be built like a swimmer?"is whole separate problem.

Shulk is actually Tidus...it all makes sense now!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Y6L2mZb.png

I don't mind to see Dr. Mario getting his own icon but I seriously doubt that it would happens tho :(

jph139

I never really had an interest in Xenoblade (not really my sort of game) but I have to admit, the voice acting samples I've seen make it mighty tempting. I love that sort of "goofy 90s anime" vibe it seems to have going... and I like the designs... some of them...

Shame it's so expensive, though. I could wait for the N3DS version but then I'd have to buy another 3DS and THAT would be expensive too... ecch.

How often has Lucina actually been seen since her reveal and the subsequent pics? I don't think she was even in the new 3DS introduction video so it may add to the fact that she might be unlockable and explain why she wasn't in the promotion poster.
She was in another promotion poster though.

zroid

Banned

Y6L2mZb.png

That would definitely be cool, even though unlikely. Your mock-up is nice too. :)

Y6L2mZb.png

I doubt it'd happen, but I really hope so. Dr. Mario deserves to be a represented series in general.

I never really had an interest in Xenoblade (not really my sort of game) but I have to admit, the voice acting samples I've seen make it mighty tempting. I love that sort of "goofy 90s anime" vibe it seems to have going... and I like the designs... some of them...

Shame it's so expensive, though. I could wait for the N3DS version but then I'd have to buy another 3DS and THAT would be expensive too... ecch.

Maybe the trailer gave you that impression but the game most definitely does not have a goofy 90s anime vibe. Like with Monolithsoft's other games there are significant plot twists. I think it's about 5 hours into the game where the story really begins.

Ryce

I would rather see Luigi get his own icon because of The Year of Luigi and the Mansion games but I guess there are too few to be counted as a separate branch.
Luigi is still mainly a Super Mario character, so the mushroom makes sense for him, but Dr. Mario appears exclusively in Dr. Mario games. It just seems odd to associate him with the Mushroom Kingdom considering he debuted in a puzzle game developed by the Wario Land/Metroid guys.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here is a list for characters with numbers.

19: Ike
20: Charizard
22: Diddy Kong
34: Shulk

Most of pictures were too small for me to tell.

SmashIRC's Zora found something interesting.

Apparently characters are assigned with the numbers. Take a look at red dot with white font in.

Ike being assigned with number 19.

Shulk being assigned with number 34.

Interesting note, if you go through the characters on the CSS from the japanese eshop, going from left to right, top to bottom, Shulk is the 33rd character and Ike is the 18th. Both one lower than the number they're assigned

Kensho

Y6L2mZb.png

it'd be cool, but man, Dr. Mario was not in Karts because
he is just Mario with a better job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom