• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Make it so that when the 3DS or Wii U connects to a game with the DLC, it will "receive" that DLC as well.

Drago

OGFkbld.png

This is still my Perfect Dream Roster. Give me this and you will never need to give me another brother to smash ever again.
Pretty much the perfect roster for me as well. Chibi-Robo and Inkling are the only two characters left that I really, really want to see in Smash Bros. at this point.
too bad chibi robo is a no hoper :(

Jawmuncher

Being a guy that's only played, like, 2 Zelda games, I legitimately want Impa. For a frame of reference, the only other Zelda character I can think of I'd want is Groose... Unless King Harkinian started being canon again.

Someday, sweet King-Prince. Someday...

Groose is the hero Smash deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Drago

Wait, why?
I dunno, I just feel like if he can't even get an Assist Trophy at this point (all he has is a model rip trophy that reads more like an advertisement for the 3DS game rather than an actual character description), despite already having 4 games under his belt, alongside what feels like a total lack of care or support for him amongst the Smash Bros fanbase as far as I can tell... just gives me this really pessimistic feel about his chances. Despite him being my most wanted, I don't expect he'll ever get in. Hopefully future games in the series (should they get made) give the character more momentum and clout for the next installment, I guess.

I dunno, I just feel like if he can't even get an Assist Trophy at this point (all he has is a model rip trophy that reads more like an advertisement for the 3DS game rather than an actual character description), despite already having 4 games under his belt, alongside what feels like a total lack of care or support for him amongst the Smash Bros fanbase as far as I can tell... just gives me this really pessimistic feel about his chances. Despite him being my most wanted, I don't expect he'll ever get in. Hopefully future games in the series (should they get made) give the character more momentum and clout for the next installment, I guess.

How popular is he in Japan? He has to have supporters somewhere.

Also, the Duck from Duck Hunt only got a Trophy in Melee, and nothing else until Sm4sh.

I'd say, anyone has a chance.

Zubz

Banned

Also, the Duck from Duck Hunt only got a Trophy in Melee, and nothing else until Sm4sh.

I'll keep pushing for him, at least.

Since this is as good a place as any and because I love SmashGAF, here's my costume from last night!
3AQmK.gif

1939448_10203099521115392_1916105354501195619_n.jpg

I said wow! Nice costume, man! So glad you have the hoodie in real life, too.

Masked Man

I said wow
I said wow! Nice costume, man! So glad you have the hoodie in real life, too.

Glad you like it! I actually had the hoodie from a while back, and I finally found a real use for it!

Old-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

Excellent Costume.

Thank you kindly. :D

That's...actually pretty cool.

Do you have any costumes/outfits relating to MOTHER?

Sadly, no. :/ I wanted to do a Ness costume, but I wasn't able to find a shirt that would work, so I went with something a little more accessible. Hopefully someday, though!

that's raaaaaaaaaaaad.

Oh, and I'm guessing Shogo Sakai's absence on the updated composer list means he really wasn't coming back this time...? D:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. :( Although now I'm really baffled as to what he's been working on lately!

So this is the man who lost me the tournament...I will remember this face.

Looks awesome! Love the hoodie.

I'll just have to wear my hood and conceal my face from now on... D:
Glad you like it!

Drago

His name never shows up whenever I read posts and stuff about whats popular in Japan (the few ones I've read, anyways). Maybe his name shows up more often there compared to the west, but still not enough to be noticeable.

I still think he's possible of course, especially if new games in the series keep getting made, I just think he's terribly unlikely because of how low profile he is. Even if Duck Hunt was low profile as well, he at least represents an important part of Nintendo's history.

Hatchtag

Banned
Its hard to call who'll be in Super Smash Bros. 6: Ridley Takes Manhattan because there's still 5 years before development will even start on it. We have no idea what franchises will see revivals and which ones will die in between now and then.

FSLink

Banned
These are my picks. Anyone here would be perfect for me.

Add Isaac and maybe a few more veterans (someone out of Lucas, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur .. everyone else isn't needed. Unless they can figure out a way to get Snake back then him toi.) and it'd be perfect for me.

I'm guessing Takamaru would be in the next Smash instead of DLC. He's been getting a bit of attention lately and it feels odd he wasn't in Smash 4 as playable.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Number 1 DLC Pick for me, just because he's a perfect fit for Smash...but if he doesn't get in now, I doubt he'll have any chance by Smash 5 when Gen VI is old. :(

FvOSfQq.png

By the way, hypothetically, how viable (and fair) would a slow, heavyweight powerhouse be with a gimmick that until they reach a certain damage %, weak attacks and most projectiles don't flinch them? So they can basically keep moving slowly forward like a tank. For fun I've been doing some "Smash 5 Dream Roster" movesets, and that was an idea I had for Torterra (based off his Secret Ability, Shell Armor).

Tripon

Its hard to call who'll be in Super Smash Bros. 6: Ridley Takes Manhattan because there's still 5 years before development will even start on it. We have no idea what franchises will see revivals and which ones will die in between now and then.
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo takes a SF4 aporoach to Smash4 and just update it with patches and expansions for the next 5 years. Maybe that's why Smash 4 doesn't have a subtitle yet. They haven't updated yet.

Number 1 DLC Pick for me, just because he's a perfect fit for Smash...but if he doesn't get in now, I doubt he'll have any chance by Smash 5 when Gen VI is old. :(

FvOSfQq.png

By the way, hypothetically, how viable (and fair) would a slow, heavyweight powerhouse be with a gimmick that until they reach a certain damage %, weak attacks and most projectiles don't flinch them? So they can basically keep moving slowly forward like a tank. For fun I've been doing some "Smash 5 Dream Roster" movesets, and that was an idea I had for Torterra (based off his Secret Ability, Shell Armor).
I think we have enough Pokemon reps with Mewtwo coming, but you better believe I'll be pissed if Hawlucha isn't in Pokken.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo takes a SF4 aporoach to Smash4 and just update it with patches and expansions for the next 5 years. Maybe that's why Smash 4 doesn't have a subtitle yet. They haven't updated yet.

Not going to lie, I want this to happen.

I seriously doubt it though.

Watch Da Birdie

I think we have enough Pokemon reps with Mewtwo coming, but you better believe I'll be pissed if Hawlucha isn't in Pokken.

An idea I had for Hawlucha was the opposite of Little Mac...weak on the ground, skilled in the air. I was thinking he'd have no ground Smash attacks, but aerial Smash attacks instead.

And yeah, I expect big things for Hawlucha though...he's in the spotlight right now in the show, and he seems like the sort of Pokemon they'll try and promote and push to make him popular. I bet he'll be a "mascot" in Pokken, since he seems made for it almost. I mean, a masked wrestler Pokemon was just a great idea with a cool, unused Type Combination to boot.

What if Mewtwo is free DLC for Pokken if you buy the Mewtwo Amiibo.
What if...Mewtwo is the next DLC character for MK8?

An idea I had for Hawlucha was the opposite of Little Mac...weak on the ground, skilled in the air. I was thinking he'd have no ground Smash attacks, but aerial Smash attacks instead.

And yeah, I expect big things for Hawlucha though...he's in the spotlight right now in the show, and he seems like the sort of Pokemon they'll try and promote and push to make him popular. I bet he'll be a "mascot" in Pokken, since he seems made for it almost. I mean, a masked wrestler Pokemon was just a great idea with a cool, unused Type Combination to boot.
Oh yeah, the potential is there, no doubt. I'm curious to see how they handle him these next few years. I could also see him being one of the lesser mascots behind Pikachu.

Watch Da Birdie

What if...Mewtwo is the next DLC character for MK8?

Oh yeah, the potential is there, no doubt. I'm curious to see how they handle him these next few years. I could also see him being one of the lesser mascots behind Pikachu.

Yeah, Ash has Hawlucha in the show right now, and while I don't keep up with the anime much, looking through some of the episodes I see it's getting a lot of spotlight...like Greninja, it seems like a Pokemon GameFreak wants to push. I bet if we get any Gen VI Mega Evolutions in Pokemon Z, Hawlucha will get one.

There's even a Hawlucha vs. Dark Hawlucha episode coming up. See, there's TWO characters for Smash to use right there!

Golnei

I'm actually convinced Mewtwo/Mega Mewtwo X are the Ogre/True Ogre of Pokken.

Obviously I think MMY will be his Final Smash since it looks like it would fit Mewtwo's usual moveset more than MMX does.

Though both designs are perfectly capable of using regular Mewtwo's skeleton.

I think they'll go with Y as well, but it probably has more to do with that form being marketed more heavily rather than any developmental concerns.

Watch Da Birdie

A Pokemon Course in Mario Kart 8 would be really cute...but for some reason, outside of Smash, I just don't see Mario and Pokemon going together. They seem really distant from one another aesthetically, and Mario and Pikachu together just feels off to me, more so, than say, Mario and Link and Mario and Kirby.

EDIT: I remember the Tower of Smash rumor, while debunked, had an interesting take on Mewtwo's FS...he'd split into two, both X and Y, and they'd basically focus their attacks in the center. When I saw the Mega Mewtwos Trophy in the Direct, that's what I'd thought of.

Watch Da Birdie

Since I'm a dork, I sort of picked roughly the same amount of Smash 4 newcomers from the current pool of characters right now of who I'd love to see...

* Captain Toad/Toadette
* Kamek
* Wonder Red
* Inkling
* Takamaru
* Hawlucha
* Torterra
* Dixie Kong
* Impa
* (Urban) Champion
* Isabelle
* Doc Louis
* Alph (as his own slot with differences)
* Medusa
* Mach Rider
* Mii Spellcaster
* Bomberman

But like you say, by Smash 5, a lot of those might be forgotten or irrelevant.

Yeah, Ash has Hawlucha in the show right now, and while I don't keep up with the anime much, looking through some of the episodes I see it's getting a lot of spotlight...like Greninja, it seems like a Pokemon GameFreak wants to push. I bet if we get any Gen VI Mega Evolutions in Pokemon Z, Hawlucha will get one.

There's even a Hawlucha vs. Dark Hawlucha episode coming up. See, there's TWO characters for Smash to use right there!
Ah, I didn't even know all that. Haha, yeah, I have a feeling he'll stick around. Is Greninja being pushed much outside of Smash? I imagine he's the Kalos starter that Ash lets evolve this time.

I think they'll go with Y as well, but it probably has more to do with that form being marketed more heavily rather than any developmental concerns.

That's true, but I was referring to Mewtwo being less of a physical grappler (like MMX would probably be) and more psychic powers (which MMY is).

I also believe MMY will be his Final Smash, either that or Psystrike.

I feel people will complain due to it bringing reference to that one Mewtwo movie.

What I really want, is to have a feral Mewtwo akin to Pokemon Origins. So Awesome

Since I'm a dork, I sort of picked roughly the same amount of Smash 4 newcomers from the current pool of characters right now of who I'd love to see...

But like you say, by Smash 5, a lot of those might be forgotten or irrelevant.

- Ridley
- Chorus Kids
- Dixie Kong
- Wonder-Red
- Impa/ Tingle
- Isaac
- Inklings
- Virdi
- Ray MK 2/3
- Takamaru
- 2nd Xenoblade rep.
- Someone for Advance Wars
- Chibi Robo
- Dillon the Armadillo
- Mallo
- Bandana Dee
- Cranky Kong
- Dark Samus
- Toad/ Captain Toad
- Elite Beat Agents
- Krystal

Did you see this list a couple pages back? The first 7 I listed, the rest were other people's ideas added to it.

I think we have plenty of candidates.

Watch Da Birdie

Oh yeah, is there a Mallo Trophy in Smash 3DS? I never saw one.

I find it weird Pushmo is so ignored...it seems like it'd be perfect for a stage, at least. It's arguably the biggest series representing the "EShop Games" and it'd be neat to see that represented.

Ah, I didn't even know all that. Haha, yeah, I have a feeling he'll stick around. Is Greninja being pushed much outside of Smash? I imagine he's the Kalos starter that Ash lets evolve this time.

Ash got Froakie this time around, the only Starter he got, and yeah, it's gotten a lot of appearances, and I'm pretty sure in an upcoming episode it's gonna evolve. Which is neat since Squirtle, Totodile, and Oshawott never did (he didn't get Mudkip or Piplup), nor did the replacement Water Pokemon in Hoenn and Sinnoh Corphish and Buizel. On the other hand, he has Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, and Torterra, so the other types are covered.

Actually, in Japan, the Greninja in Smash is voiced by Ash's Froakie's VA, as opposed to a different VA who voiced Greninja in a recent movie. So, some people think that's supposed to be a hint that Smash's Greninja is "Ash's". Or something. Lot of people got upset with that because...I don't know.

But it definitely seems Froakie was always intended to be the most promoted Kalos Starter.

Gleethor

You know, I think if anyone had typed up an honest to god legitimate leak that included 8 player smash before the audio files came up, everyone would've immediately called it fake just because of that.

Watch Da Birdie

I don't think I ever saw a "leak" or rumor that thought that we'd have more than four players, bar the one about controlling bosses via GamePad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom