• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenile

I think Heath said the thread dies when POTD dies.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Today is going to be the longest day of work. Will be going to Best Buy right when they open.

Yeah, do NOT depend on Amazon for first party Nintendo games because they do not get shipments in quick enough. I would cancel of it is the regular edition and go digital or Best Buy/Gamestop.

I would, but I had no choice, Amazon was the only way I could get my preorder in due to some other things, it really freaking sucks but who knows, things might work out.

Edit:
Also if that was the case, they should NOT Have the guarenteed delivery date status there. Although considering some people have had the retail disc version of the game (like ProJared) for two weeks now, it might just be there's a distribution center really close.

Neo Dark

It was a fun ride, even though I only posted a few times but shouldn't this thread still continue to live for a while since Sakurai will continue POTD for a while and talk about little things we don't know? Plus we don't even have info on Mewtwo yet so I'm expecting a few POTD just for him. It doesn't have to end here!

Btw, speaking of 3DS connectivity.. did they say how many 3DS can be used as controllers for Smash?

It was a fun ride, even though I only posted a few times but shouldn't this thread still continue to live for a while since Sakurai will continue POTD for a while and talk about little things we don't know? Plus we don't even have info on Mewtwo yet so I'm expecting a few POTD just for him. It doesn't have to end here!

Btw, speaking of 3DS connectivity.. did they say how many 3DS can be used as controllers for Smash?

Im guessing up to 7 or 8.....but if it lags on 4 player free for alls due to wireless signals interfering......oh boy.

I would, but I had no choice, Amazon was the only way I could get my preorder in due to some other things, it really freaking sucks but who knows, things might work out.

Edit:
Also if that was the case, they should NOT Have the guarenteed delivery date status there. Although considering some people have had the retail disc version of the game (like ProJared) for two weeks now, it might just be there's a distribution center really close.

I order on Amazon all the time, always gets here launch day. Even Smash 3ds. If you are worried talk to customer service live chat. They have amazing service, will let you know whats going on with it, and fix the problem if there is one.

There is seriously no reason to stress, just talk to them.

Revenile

I order on Amazon all the time, always gets here launch day. Even Smash 3ds. If you are worried talk to customer service live chat. They have amazing service, will let you know whats going on with it, and fix the problem if there is one.

There is seriously no reason to stress, just talk to them.

Yup, sent them an email just making sure. I'm not really that worried since I'll be at a friend's in the evening, but I prefer to stay in the know of what's going on. This is my first amazon pre-order, so yeah... ^^;
Email response received, they have confirmed it WILL be here on friday and that they even put a nice little note on it to make damn sure. It was actually cute. I've never had a bad time with amazon, so I'm glad they were as fast as they were in responding.

Edit:
I agree with you. I got two copies of DKC:TF because they said street date shipping for it and they shipped it Friday instead. I grabbed a digital copy.
They should stop promising it for Nintendo published games. You should not have to complain to customer service.

Glad to hear the issue resolved though.

It's been a fun ride guys, started following this thread in February with the pre-Little Mac Direct thread and I was hooked. Registered for a GAF account during E3 and finally activated shortly before 3DS' release, no regrets.

Still a week to go for us in the UK but I'll be lapping up every bit of footage you guys can give us.

Funny really, as a kid a new Smash Bros and Pokemon game releasing on the same day would've been an absolute dream come true, to this day they're both my favourite game series of all time, and yet here I am with a surprisingly cool head, perhaps even a little annoyed that I'll have to choose which to play first and how time spent on one is time missed out on the other. Guess it's just a sign of getting old ;_;

Golnei

Pirates on the Door.

ouug.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Poor Rhythm Tengoku. It went from a potential fighter to having nothing but a few trophies.

Oh wait, there was the Smash Run enemy you hardly ever see.

Us Jesses get sad when an i gets put in our names. :(

My bad... I kind of get your pain since my name is Jaycob. D:

Not Jeicob....not Jacop......not Jaicop....and definitely not JACOBO (seriously wtf!?)

Living on aLatin island with a slightly uncommon english name here sucks sometimes

They couldn't find some better more dynamic image of Mewtwo other than the one from the trailer in his reference pose?

You'd have thought he at least be far enough to make some kind of Mewtwo pose for an advertisement.

It's been a pleasure hyping with all of you :)

The extra week wait for PAL will be painful, plus a few extra days because I work weekends and can't pick up a copy, so my online order probably won't arrive until the Monday or Tuesday :(

RaidenXZ

Well it's been a wild ride on this forum. Can't believe the game is finally out tomorrow (in NA that is)

Quick question though, did we ever get a legit reason why Snake isn't back in the game? I really enjoyed having him in Brawl (since I'm a MGS fanatic). His exclusion still bothers me :(

SeanR1221

Decided to go digital. Its pre loading now.

Smash will be nice to always have on the hard drive.
Although I am surprised at the last of gamestops opening at midnight. I guess pre orders weren't too high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom