• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Ash, how many Trophies have you gotten so far? How are the Trophies compared to the 3DS Version? Are a lot more series represented? More original models? Any surprising ones you've found?

I got a phonecall, so I guess the tiny GameStop right near me is doing a Midnight release.

Jesus, sort of wondering how packed it's gonna be with ORAS/SMASH. When I went to the XY one, at a slightly bigger store, it was overly crowded...and really, really smelly. I was probably the cutest person there. Not that surprising, of course, but still...

2UZC70j.gif

Gino

Damn. My local bestbuy isn't doing a midnight release for the game!!!

I wonder though, can I just return a sealed copy of the game back to gamestop even if I buy it from Bestbuy?? I was going to buy the game from GS tonight and then tomorrow buy a new copy from Bestbuy since I have GCU unlocked and return that copy to Gamestop.

No
Well probably.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Won't get the game in just a few hours (as I'm in Europe, and didn't wanna import), but I'm hoping for some awesome GAF streams.

Well, if you are talking about exactly same Club Nintendo account then yes.
hmm. it's because my 3DS and Wii U are using different NNID accounts. Wii U is using an american account, and the 3ds a canadian one. and i'm not sure i can register the smash on the same account the Wii U is using, seeing i bought it digitally.

EDIT: and before anyone asks, it's because the brazilian eshop is horrible, and it was unpractical to buy stuff on the american eshop,as in it doesnt accept brazilian credit cards. the Canadian one did. I regret not changing to the same on the Wii U, but i already bought W101, so i'm not deleting that.

SalvaPot

I was able to join NeoGAF shortly after the 3DS version released, but I have been following your antics, your hype, your emotions and your crazy weird weekends since almost a year ago and it was always a joy to read what you guys and gals had to say, and once I was able to participate on the conversations it was even more fun.

You are all Ridley in my heart and I'll see you guys around in the Smash OT for some games =P.

Add me! My NNID is SalvaPot.

Ridley=Big

Beats

Was there a WiiU version tournament recently? I heard there was, but I have no clue who was hosting it. Link me if so!

There was a small one yesterday.

http://www.twitch.tv/evenmatchupgaming/profile/past_broadcasts

It's not all in one video since they had to stop and restart the stream multiple times and there were audio/video issues in the earlier matches, but it smoothed out over time with only a few hitches in the later matches.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How does All-Star work for 2P?

If one dies, does both players lose?

Thinking about using it to get the Trophies faster...if you only need to win with 1P, I'll just set up a 2P and let 'em die.

GringoJB

Hey guys, saw you were looking for the Google Doc for Wii U friend codes. My bad! I thought Heath had put it in the OP.

Here's the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...09sC0sbP9qMJMsCRaRsCJdBPGI/edit#gid=305202299

If you want to add you info, quote this post and it'll reveal a link to the questionnaire to do so.

Awesome... thanks for that! I suck, but playing with some GAFfers would be cool (sounds like some of you feel the same way... heheh)

NNID: GringoJB (in case anyone just casually scanning the thread wants to add me)

Thanks again!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Can't use a GCN controller on the bus.
This shouldn't be a problem as long as one can find a way to securely fasten the controller adapter. A bus can perhaps be a bit problematic to play Wii U in, but people have used it with ease at trains before.

I'm assed out on the bundle.. No stores near me seem to have them in stock. I wanted it from Bestbuy so I can take advantage of GCU but it's not available.

I'll just end up buying the game from Gamestop tonight and then when Bestbuy gets it in stock, buy it from there and sell my other copy.

Kyzon

Hey guys, saw you were looking for the Google Doc for Wii U friend codes. My bad! I thought Heath had put it in the OP.

Here's the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...09sC0sbP9qMJMsCRaRsCJdBPGI/edit#gid=305202299

If you want to add you info, quote this post and it'll reveal a link to the questionnaire to do so.

Accidentally submitted mine twice. You can keep the bottom one.

I'm assed out on the bundle.. No stores near me seem to have them in stock. I wanted it from Bestbuy so I can take advantage of GCU but it's not available.

I'll just end up buying the game from Gamestop tonight and then when Bestbuy gets it in stock, buy it from there and sell my other copy.

You can get the game from Gamestop and the adapter from Walmart for 20 bucks

I will be getting my copy at around noon CST.
Feel free to add me. NNID is same as forum name. I play for fun mostly. Career means not enough time to get good at the game.

How does All-Star work for 2P?

If one dies, does both players lose?

Thinking about using it to get the Trophies faster...if you only need to win with 1P, I'll just set up a 2P and let 'em die.
I remember watching a co-op and only one guy needs to survive. They do increase the HP needed to beat the form(s) though to compensate. The duo has 400+ HP on 6.0 difficulty.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rösti;139692031 said:
This shouldn't be a problem as long as one can find a way to securely fasten the controller adapter. A bus can perhaps be a bit problematic to play Wii U in, but people have used it with ease at trains before.
Would love to see someone try and use a Wii U on the London Underground. I'll just be busy flipping open my screen to wake my 3DS up. ;)

Would love to see someone try and use a Wii U on the London Underground. I'll just be busy flipping open my screen to wake my 3DS up. ;)

You're always talking about "Smash on the bus." This phrase has stuck in my head since I joined SmashGAF months and months ago and one of the consistent phrases that has always stuck in my mind is "I for one welcome Smash on the bus."

And I'm just piecing together that it's been you every single time.

I guess if I lived in a major city and used public transportation regularly I would also prefer a portable version of Smash. But I've never used public transportation in my life because I don't live in a major metropolitan area.

Edit: This post is an absolute mess, but I won't fix it because my shame is too great. I will live with it forever.

0_o At that line video
Maybe they got extra smash x Pokemon bundles

Waiting this early is silly , just line up at 8 pm since theres no special editions and you'll still get to play x meet fellow people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom