• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okrag

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

Pic of the day. The color variations for Shulk are all based off outfit colors of his travel companions…excluding one of them. Lucina's color variations are also based off the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But I don't want to be a shitty clone :(

Also that terrible Wolf talk huh? SmashGAF rears its ugly ass yet again!

Neiteio

New Pork City as it is would be amazing for 8 players, it just needs an omega version.

Ness should also get Pajama and Ninten alt, its a crime he doesn't when Shulk has one.
I present to you:

The Mother-lode Pack:

- Returning veteran: Lucas
- New alt: Kumatora (Lucas)
- New alt: Paula (Ness)
- New costume: Pajama Ness
- Returning stage: New Pork City
- Returning stage: Fourside

Golnei

I just hope Sakurai's "characters who have no future are not in Smash" logic (as explained in Famitsu) does not apply to DLC characters. Lucas should come back on the strength of being a Smash veteran alone. I mean, wasn't he a starter in Brawl? Should count for something!

Guidelines for choosing newcomers wouldn't really apply to veterans - most of the work for Lucas and company is already done, so they wouldn't be applicable to the same standards. Bringing some of them back would be a way to bolster DLC with more unique movesets while not taking too much of a toll to develop and balance.

Neiteio

Is there any footage of the Kongo Jungle stage yet?
Not yet. ProJared said he wasn't allowed to identify it by name, saying only that there's an N64 stage. I guess the media are under NDA regarding Kongo Jungle, even though we've seen its icon in the screenshot at the website.

SalvaPot

I present to you:

The Mother-lode Pack:

- Returning veteran: Lucas
- New alt: Kumatora (Lucas)
- New alt: Paula (Ness)
- New costume: Pajama Ness
- Returning stage: New Pork City
- Returning stage: Fourside

I keep throwing Dragon Points to the screen but nothing happens!

To add to the conversation, maaaan, I wanted Kumatora to be playable so badly. I knew her chances where really low, specially when Lucas was nowhere to be seen while Sm4sh release was nearing. But in my mind it made sense. Now I realize she would be way to similar to Zelda in build/weight, just trading Magic for Psychic powers. I'll still love to see her playable in some way.

Also my dreamed masked man moveset ended up way too similar to Robin's moveset, funny how that works.

Ozium

I really wish Mewtwo wasn't revealed so early... all the fanboy chatter and hype about his return is stifling... really felt like we had a lot of things to discuss but now every fanboy is only gonna want to be screaming about based mewtwo returning in an echo chamber.... ugh

still bitter about Snake.. IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Love Shulk. So about the last party member. From what I understand that person is a trophy in the game right? I have to play lime 40 hours of Xenoblade to get them? I just want to make sure.

What controller will you guys be using to play this on the wii u?

Wii U Gamepad as I will be putting in a ton of off-tv play time. It'll be how I'll primarily play it.

When I'm on TV I'll use the pro controller because it mirrors the Gamepad setup which I'll be using most of the time.

Finally I'll try to also use my Wii Remote and Nunchuk setup I use to play Brawl with.

To this day I've only used my Wavebird to play Smash once. To see how it was.

As a huge fan of Evangelion I laughed.

Fiktion

Banned
I really wish Mewtwo wasn't revealed so early... all the fanboy chatter and hype about his return is stifling... really felt like we had a lot of things to discuss but now every fanboy is only gonna want to be screaming about based mewtwo returning in an echo chamber.... ugh

Mewtwo brings hope for Snake.

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

Pic of the day. The color variations for Shulk are all based off outfit colors of his travel companions…excluding one of them. Lucina's color variations are also based off the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Love how almost everyone is ignoring the POTD, come on, step it up Sakurai.

Golnei

Mewtwo brings hope for Snake.

That, and the suspicious mention during the Direct. I know it could amount to nothing, like the Meteos reference, but usually every attempt is made to avoid calling back to cut fighters' previous Smash appearances.

To add to the conversation, maaaan, I wanted Kumatora to be playable so badly. I knew her chances where really low, specially when Lucas was nowhere to be seen while Sm4sh release was nearing. But in my mind it made sense. Now I realize she would be way to similar to Zelda in build/weight, just trading Magic for Psychic powers. I'll still love to see her playable in some way.

There's still a way.

Gjw0Awl.jpg

random25

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

Let's see if I got it right. From right to left:

1. Shulk
2. Fiora
3. Dunban
4. Reyn
5. Sharla
6. Melia
7. Riki
8. Snake :p

As opposed to the constant Ridley discussion that's been going on for months and months.

AdanVC

What controller will you guys be using to play this on the wii u?

Gamepad or GC controller since I pre-ordered the bundle with it. All my playing sessions with Brawl were with the Wii Remote so I will probably use that too. The possibilities with controllers are endless in this freaking game. I love it.

Neo Dark

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

The thread title was so close yet so far. The correct answer is, "Today, we are all Shulks"

No one else find it ironic that such a picture was posted considering what the thread title is?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Today I'm a Mewtwo?

BRB killing self so I am no longer the worst Pokémon of teh original 150.

K-A-Deman

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

Duban! Shulk looks really good

Nope, no bias here, what're you talking about?

Today I'm a Mewtwo?

BRB killing self so I am no longer the worst Pokémon of teh original 150.

Don't do it, we can all learn to come with terms with it if we just have faith!

Wonder what the next Smash character zealotry will be or if it will just default back to Ridley...AGAIN.

SalvaPot

SWEET SEMEN OF BABY JESUS!!

GET YOURSELF A DRAGONITE!!!

Dragonite is one of my favorites. But if we are doing original 151, my favorite is Farfetch'd, followed by Snorlax and Bulbasaur.

I'm sad charizard doesn't have a Dragonite colors alt, that would have been sweet.

Edit: I just got the reference.

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

I love how Beach Shulk is like "Yeah! I'm feeling it!" and Riki Shulk is like "wtf man?"

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
GC smash controller and adapter pre-ordered

git haip

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I don't like the notion of being worst clone. Would reroll my dice and hope to be an actually good Pokemon/10

Semajer

Not yet. ProJared said he wasn't allowed to identify it by name, saying only that there's an N64 stage. I guess the media are under NDA regarding Kongo Jungle, even though we've seen its icon in the screenshot at the website.

As long as it's there and the image wasn't some mistake I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom