• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
At least SSB delievered!! This is going to be awesome!!!

The Villager has that cute but mean look about him like the original Smash Bros. commercials lol. I love it xD

HYPEEEEE! Thankyou Nintendo for showing gameplay, not a mention of Namco though...how odd.

Wonder if the popularity of Mega Man will lead to an exclusive reboot on Wii U or 3DS? :3

Stages:

3DS
Battlefield
Nintendog
Mario 3DLand
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Train

You forgot the desert stage with a tent, a river, a bridge and a waterfall. I think people said it's from Monster Hunter ? And IMO the Mario stage looks more like a "New Super Mario Bros" stage.

Zia

I was a little leery about this given Namco's involvement, but it looks great. Villager (Smash's Rubrick!) and Mega Man seem relatively complex.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also the way Geoff and that lass were talking about WiiFit Trainer after the Reggie interview. Seriously, do they even get what Smash Bros is about. Did they cry into their pillow when they unlocked Mr. Game & Watch?

So glad Sakurai doesn't listen to the likes of them and does his own thing.

Thorakai

I'm amazed that despite our collective speculation across countries and our expectations of a new "wtf" character that Sakurai could still deliver something completely unexpected with Wii Fit Trainer. Crazy choice and she looks amazing, plus it's always good to get more female representation somehow! I wonder if Dixie has a bigger shot now that she is confirmed for Wii U Donkey Kong.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I noticed there was Gerudo Village from OoT in the 3DS version, along with a Wii Fit stage in the Wii U version, complete with dancing Wii Fit Board.

1xguv.gif

Wii Fit Board will hopefully make a cameo as an Assist Trophy.

You forgot the desert stage with a tent, a river, a bridge and a waterfall. I think people said it's from Monster Hunter ? And it looks more like a "New Super Mario Bros" stage.

That's Gerudo Valley. Had the music and everything in one vid. It's 3D Land, NSMB didn't have the black poles with yellow spikes.

Also the way Geoff and that lass were talking about WiiFit Trainer after the Reggie interview. Seriously, do they even get what Smash Bros is about. Did they cry into their pillow when they unlocked Mr. Game & Watch?

It wasn't a great thing to announce like that, I think. It's fine she's in the game, but when you're clamoring for more things...?

FlyFaster

Boxing ring. Lil Mac confirmed for smash bros.

nice catch, didnt' even think of that.

Also, hope that Samus gets reworked since Metroid fans got blasted in the ass with the DK announcement.

edit:

stupid that smash ball comes back. Was really hope for something like a meter instead to really change things up

DaBoss

While I would agree I would have preferred that the final reveal to be something more substantial, but the complaining about Wii Fit Trainer afterwards were just so silly.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
FINALLY GAF IS BACK! I will update the OP asap

on the direct video, Sakurai said the 3DS and WiiU versions have the same characters but different levels

in case anyone was concerned about the character count for the 3DS (and the lack of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer 3DS Screenshots)

I'm concerned about System Exclusive characters. They may says Same amount of characters but they didn't really say same rosters. I'm very concerned about it.

Release date quarter?

Nothing yet.

That's Gerudo Valley. Had the music and everything in one vid. It's 3D Land, NSMB didn't have the black poles with yellow spikes.

Oh really ? Haha, I'm sorry I thought it was NSMB because I thought Mario 3DLand had no black poles with spikes.

Sorry for the useless, misinformed post !

I like that the Mega Man trailer actually bothered to include the serial number of every Robot Master Mega Man takes his powers from. What a nice detail to include for something only seen for a second or two each.

Violet_0

Banned
predictions:
Villager will get an alternate female costume (the character name is also gender-neutral)
Dixie will be one of the newcomers
Toon Link might not be in the game (because of his background presence in the Spirit Track stage)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
So pumped for a new Smash game. Both versions sound pretty enticing.

Cartman86

Banned

They were annoyed because they thought there was supposed to be a big announcement. People were there waiting for 45 minutes or something, and Reggie told him there would be "more".

plank

The Wii fit girl looks like her controls are fluid and smooth. She might be a popular character.

Kouichi

They were annoyed because they thought there was supposed to be a big announcement. People were there waiting for 45 minutes or something, and Reggie told him there would be "more".

It was a big announcement. Wii Fit Trainer is such an awesome addition and it totally surprised me. Her trailer was great.

kogasu

The trailer was so awesome! Villager's pretty cool and I definitely freaked out at the Mega Man reveal. I never even saw that coming heh. It would've been great to have seen the whole roster from Brawl back (I was kinda expecting that. We can't have everyone apparently but I'm sure they have more to announce later) but it's fine what we're getting now.

On the WiiFit Trainer, I was quite disappointed. I wanted a more notable character but as I saw the photos, it's strange, she kind of does fit in with the others (no pun intended heh).

Mr. Fix

I'm concerned about System Exclusive characters. They may says Same amount of characters but they didn't really say same rosters. I'm very concerned about it.

Sakurai mentioned exclusive stages, and that the roster would be the same for both. It's on the smash developer vid on Nintendo's channel.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I admitted that I was salty when I heard that Wii Fit Trainer was announced in the game but when I saw her trailer. I'm mindblown. NO ONE EVER MENTION HER AS PLAYABLE CHARACTER, OR IT WAS EVEN MENTIONED IN ANY THREAD THAT I READ. She's perfect WTF character for sure.

Also I'm very worried about the phrase that they said,

Both games will have same numbers of characters. Why would they said it in that way, instead saying we will have same roster on both system.

I have bad feeling that we might have system exclusive characters which I'm against. I would rather to have all characters on both system so I can enjoy the characters on Wii U.

Sakurai mentioned exclusive stages, and that the roster would be the same for both. It's on the smash developer vid on Nintendo's channel.

Yes, but they said same numbers of characters. They know that if they mentioned exclusive characters then some people will flipped out.

Also I noticed that WiiFit Trainer didn't have any 3DS pictures, and same for Animal Villager.

Top Bottom