• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

Mista Koo

Why do people want Wonder Red? It should the whole Wonderful 101 team otherwise the special moves won't work out well.

That's cool. How did you get the body to be so white? I can't do it without it looking unnatural.
Use Screen and Overlay layer types.

Having an original final boss is better than tacking on Bowser for everyone. And gameplay-wise the Tabuu battle was at least decently designed compared to the other bosses.

The real problem was all the unnecessary original stuff, like the two robot bosses and most Subspace Emissary grunts, which easily could have been replaced by old Nintendo enemies. They were all basically random encounters in Brawl itself, so I don't even get why they went with original designs for them.
Agreed with the latter part.

As for Tabuu maybe the owner of the hands would've appeared. Imagine a blank creepy white face mask with the hands.

Waluigi Island's music
You mean Waluigi's Pinball.

smash-bros-wii-u-pikachu-1-522x380.jpg

Man, I don't care how generic it makes me sound; Pikachu is my favorite pokemon.

Look at that adorable little fucker.

Also, people who say this game looks just like Brawl graphically must be insane.
Jiggly Puff is my favorite, cuter and more fun!

Why was there tripping in the first place?
Does anyone know if the "jump on another character = higher jump
thing is back? It bugged me in brawl.

qq more

Awesome.

Wishlists:
Mega Man
No Tripping
Faster Gameplay
Miis
Good online
Mewtwo returns (no Ewtwo or least optional)
64/Melee/Brawl stages
Custom stages w/ many more options
Ability to play custom stages online
Board The Platform
Race To The Finish
Ganondorf w/ new moveset
Snake Returns
Sonic Returns

Most of these should happen!

RM8

Why was there tripping in the first place?
I always thought it was to prevent chain-grabs. But then Brawl turned out to be the game with the most chain-grabs ever, so I'm not sure :p

BTW, remove the Ice Climbers' chain-grabs already. I know they take legit skill to perform, but losing a stock because of one grab is OP as heck. And I want this to be the most balanced Smash Bros. game yet! Bowser being faster / less punishable is a fantastic start.

Tan

BTW, remove the Ice Climbers' chain-grabs already. I know they take legit skill to perform, but losing a stock because of one grab is OP as heck. And I want this to be the most balanced Smash Bros. game yet! Bowser being faster / less punishable is a fantastic start.

It's all they have!

Awesome.

Wishlists:
Mega Man
No Tripping
Faster Gameplay
Miis
Good online
64/Melee/Brawl stages
Board The Platform
Race To The Finish
Ganondorf w/ new moveset
Snake Returns
Sonic Returns

There's just no way online will suck in this one, you might as well cross it.

They must have taken notes from MKWii's online and of what a horrible experience Brawl's was for most users.

Aghiliz

Neo Member
Classic strength vs. agility matchup.

Imo I feel agile chars. are "better" than pure Str simply because it's easier to dodge powerful chars. attacks

From my experience I've never lost to Str heavy opponents in Brawl (even in some local competitive stuff) playing Toon Link as my main and Diddy as my 2nd and so forth from there

DaBoss

Made a new thread lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588731

Awesome.

Wishlists:
Mega Man
No Tripping
Faster Gameplay
Miis
Good online
64/Melee/Brawl stages
Board The Platform
Race To The Finish
Ganondorf w/ new moveset
Snake Returns
Sonic Returns

Namco would have to try hard to make online to suck.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sakurai is probably going to replace tripping by something more crazy, like random heart attack or random "sun in my eyes oh god I cant see".

They must have taken notes from MKWii's online and of what a horrible experience Brawl's was for most users.

Not to mention Nintendo has released a large number of online games since Brawl and literally every one of them has had decent online. Brawl was the last of their games where online really irked me

ash_ag

Awesome.

Wishlists:
Mega Man
No Tripping
Faster Gameplay
Miis
Good online
64/Melee/Brawl stages
Board The Platform
Race To The Finish
Ganondorf w/ new moveset
Snake Returns
Sonic Returns

Absolutely 100% agree. Okay, not 100%; Newtwo should be in a Mewtwo transformation move. I'd enjoy a chargeable Down-Special that eventually makes Mewtwo change its forme. Sort of like a Super Sayan charge up. :lol

DiegoPonga

Neo Member
No tripping is good news, but it was obvious he has to remove that. I hope he decides to rebalance every single character too as he has actually done with Bowser.

Whoa, whoa! Back off homie! That's what makes Ice Climbers great, they should have that opportunity. It makes sense, they are a duo unlike other characters! They are not OP.

Long Live IC!!

qq more

Namco would have to try hard to make online to suck.
I've never played much of Namco's fighters. Are their netcode really that good? :O

Absolutely 100% agree. Okay, not 100%; Newtwo should be in a Mewtwo transformation move. I'd enjoy a chargeable Down-Special that eventually makes Mewtwo change its forme. Sort of like a Super Sayan charge up. :lol
I don't want that abomination anywhere in the roster! I can't stand the design but that's a rant for another day. (Want to say I'm not a "genwunner" before anyone accuses me of that)

Aghiliz

Neo Member
Whoa, whoa! Back off homie! That's what makes Ice Climbers great, they should have that opportunity. It makes sense, they are a duo unlike other characters! They are not OP.

Long Live IC!!

Yea I agree w/ that and since tripping isn't a thing anymore being chain garbed would be the players' faults.

Instead of triping right into one lol

onionfrog

They could redo Ganondorf's moveset as long as they keep the following moves:
-Down Smash
-Jumping up A
-Jumping down A(Dat Spike!)
-Down B
-Side B(maybe?)

They can revamp the rest of his moveset for all I care.

Optionally, Wind Waker Ganondorf would be boss as fuck.

I'm really glad tripping is gone!!!!

ampere

I was thinking about it and Mega Man really is a dream character to have in Smash Bros. He fits so perfectly and so far it looks like they have done a fantastic job with implementing him.

The two 3rd party characters other than Mega Man that I most want to be in Smash are Conker and Banjo. Not going to happen, and Conker is rated M stuff anyway. I can dream.

One thing: Please no tripping in this Smash game, Sakurai. Or at least let us turn it off.

edit:
I'm really glad tripping is gone!!!!
Oh!! I just saw the article, awesome!

lsdag.gif

They could redo Ganondorf's moveset as long as they keep the following moves:
-Down Smash
-Jumping up A
-Jumping down A(Dat Spike!)
-Down B
-Side B(maybe?)

They can revamp the rest of his moveset for all I care.

The side B murder-choke needs to stay for sure. As a Ganondorf main I'd also be pretty said if they got rid of his bair as well.

GooeyHeat

I was thinking about it and Mega Man really is a dream character to have in Smash Bros. He fits so perfectly and so far it looks like they have done a fantastic job with implementing him.

The two 3rd party characters other than Mega Man that I most want to be in Smash are Conker and Banjo. Not going to happen, and Conker is rated M stuff anyway. I can dream.

One thing: Please no tripping in this Smash game, Sakurai. Or at least let us turn it off.

Tripping was already axed! Rejoice!

Spinluck

Ganondorf should wield a great sword with one fucking hand. Badass, not only that, but his other hand should always be shrouded in some aura from which he fires magic attacks.

Or he can just have C.Falcon's template again.

DaBoss

I've never played much of Namco's fighters. Are their netcode really that good? :O

I haven't played Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but Soul Caliber V has amazing online, and from what I've read, it seemed like they used the netcode in that for Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Top Bottom