• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
List of items currently confirmed to my knowledge (might need help guys)

1. Containers (Capsule, Crate, Barrel, Party Ball, Egg???)
2. Rolling Containers
3. Exploding Containers
4. Smash Ball
5. Food (includes Veggies???)
6. Beam Sword
7. Home-run Bat
8. Bumper
9. Superspicy Curry
10. Bunny Hood
11. Fire Flower
12. Proximity Mine/Motion-sensor Bomb
13. Star Rod
14. Super Mushroom
15. Poison Mushroom
16. Assist Trophy
17. Pokeball
18. Super Scope
19. Cracker Launcher
20. Stopwatch
21. Soccer Ball
22. Pitfall
23. Banana Peel
24. Ray Gun
25. Dragoon
26. Starman
27. Warp Star
28. Paper Fan
29. Lip's Stick
30. Hammer
31. Golden Hammer
32. Franklin Badge
33. Smart Bomb
34. Perimeter Fireball
35. Metal Box
36. Deku Nut
37. Freezie
38. Gooey Bomb
39. Mr. Saturn
40. Screw Attack
41. Sandbag
42. Green Shell
43. Spring Board
44. Lightning Bolt
45. Maximum Tomato
46. Heart Container
47. Smoke Ball
48. Team Healer (Team Battle only)
49. Bob-omb
50. Spike Ball

Stickers also appear but these have no affect on Battle and you likely cant adjust the frequency of their appearance

This is only for versus, so I am not counting stuff like Trophy Stands, CDs and the like. Nor am I counting items created by attacks, like the Motorcycle, Bombs, Peanuts, etc.

Vids or screens would be helpful

Lé Blade Runner said:
If I had the game, I would probably have all the statues by now as well. Brawl is a game which I am willing to sacrifice night-sleep to - I'm going to play it for 30+ hours straight when it comes out here.
That's impossible. :lol There's so much shit in this game that it would take at least a week to get everything (with sleep). Shit, I just remembered coin collector yesterday and I spent about 30 minutes getting 100 trophys, stickers, etc.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Branduil said:
I just don't understand why they can't include every stage from the previous games.

In fact I'd pay extra to have them.
Everyone *grossly* underestimates how much work it takes to put in the old stages. Especially if you want new graphics over the original, you might as well be making a new stage from scratch.

If you are re-using art assets, then including an old stage would be easier than making a new one. But unless the engine and stage definition spec and all of that are idental to ssbm (which I doubt, especially considering we are on a new system), it is not just a copy paste job.

re-implenting old stages comes at the cost of lessening the amount of new stages.

edit: not to mention that as an arist/creator/designer, you would rather spend your time creating new ideas over touching up old ones.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
List of ATs (as far as I know)

1. Metroid (Metroid)
2. Jeff (Earthbound)
3. Barbara the Bat (Band Brothers)
4. Waluigi (Mario)
5. Andross (Star Fox)
6. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
7. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
8. Little Mac (Punch-Out!)
9. Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)
10. Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
11. Nintendog (Nintendogs)
12. Jill (Drill Dozer)
13. Battalion (Advance Wars)
14. Knuckle Joe (Kirby)
15. Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)
16. Devil (Devil World)
17. Gray Fox (Metal Gear)
18. Hammer Bros. (Mario)
19. Isaac (Golden Sun)
20. Excitebikes (Excitebike)
21. Lakitu (Mario)
22. Dr. Wright (SimCity)
23. Stafy (Densetsu no Stafy)

These are either confirmed via screens, vids, or Dojo updates

For a new page

Phatcorns

Part 1:

Snake and Mario:
Colonel: Snake, do you know who that man is?
Snake: Of course Colonel. It's Mario.
Colonel: Mario came about in 1981 and since then has become popular the world over. There's almost no one who doesn't know who he is. That's how famous he is.
Snake: To be able to fight with such a star like that, what a time we live in.
Colonel: This is a once in a lifetime chance. Go all out so that you don't have any regrets.
Snake: Roger that, Colonel. I'll fulfill my duty.

Snake and DK:
Snake: Otacon, there's a gorilla wearing a necktie. It's huge.
Otacon: That's Donkey Kong. As you can see, he is a powerful one. He rules over the jungle, but he also has a really nice house. He has brains like that. The one who fought with Mario was actually his grandfather.
Snake: Well, that was then. Is he on good terms with Mario now?
Otacon: Not really, they compete a lot in kart racing and sports matches.
Snake: Not fighting with blood huh? (not sure about this one, it's a Japanese saying probably)

Snake and Link:
Snake: Otacon, who is that swordsman?
Otacon: Link. He is the hero of Hyrule. That Master Sword he is carrying is also known as the Exterminator of Evil. Shield, boomerang, bombs, arrows, hookshot, he's a got quite an arsenal. It'd be wise to be cautious.

Cynar

Phatcorns said:
Part 1:

Snake and Mario:
Colonel: Mario came about in 1981 and since then has become popular the world over. There's almost no one who doesn't know who he is. That's how famous he is.
Colonel: This is a once in a lifetime chance. Go all out so that you don't have any regrets.

Snake and DK:
Otacon: That's Donkey Kong. As you can see, he is a powerful one. He rules over the jungle, but he also has a really nice house. He has brains like that. The one who fought with Mario was actually his grandfather.
Snake: Not fighting with blood huh? (not sure about this one, it's a Japanese saying probably)

Snake and Link:
Otacon: Link. He is the hero of Hyrule. That Master Sword he is carrying is also known as the Exterminator of Evil. Shield, boomerang, bombs, arrows, hookshot, he's a got quite an arsenal. It'd be wise to be cautious.

Teasel

Phatcorns said:
Part 1:

Snake and Mario:

Snake and DK:

Snake and Link:

please do luigi
LALILULELO LALILULELO LALILULELO

ggnoobIGN

Banned
The last stage is pretty cool I guess.

DK Construction yard. Not surprising. Wait, is this even the last stage? I thought this would bring us up to only 40?

NotWii

Banned
Are there any videos of GOOD Kirby players?!
I wanna see if his drill kick, final cutter and smash attacks have been unnerfed.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Okay I'll ask it again

What are the differences between the Port Town stage and the Melee Mute City stage?

Also are there any photos of the Spear Pillar stage? -- nevermind, found pics of this @ Serebii

Phatcorns

Teasel said:
please do luigi
LALILULELO LALILULELO LALILULELO

Luigi:

Snake: That mustache...
Colonel: The number 2 of forever. (hahaha)
Snake: Hey, hey, we're talking about Luigi here!
Colonel: The so-called social outcast.
Snake: You don't have to have to put him down like that!
Colonel: You're soft Snake! There's no such thing as a little brother that is superior to his big brother!
Snake: What, what's wrong? Colonel?
Colonel: LaLiLuLeLo! LaLiLuLeLo! LaLiLuLeLo!
Snake: Colonel! Snap out of it! Colonel! Colonel!!!!

Swisslink

tabsina said:
i'd be very impressed if you could get all the statues in 30 hours... (moreso since you need to go through adventure mode to unlock all the characters as well)

Question: Does Kirby's final smash pull everyone into the pot? or just nearby people?

I'd like to know that too :/

Phatcorns said:
Luigi:

Snake: That mustache...
Colonel: The number 2 of forever. (hahaha)
Snake: Hey, hey, we're talking about Luigi here!
Colonel: The so-called social outcast.
Snake: You don't have to have to put him down like that!
Colonel: You're soft Snake! There's no such thing as a little brother that is superior to his big brother!
Snake: What, what's wrong? Colonel?
Colonel: LaLiLuLeLo! LaLiLuLeLo! LaLiLuLeLo!
Snake: Colonel! Snap out of it! Colonel! Colonel!!!!
:lol
Poor Luigi

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Darkpen said:
watch enough anime and you do pick up this and that, ya know D:

There was a reason why a dozen wwwwwwwwww lines wave by after that.
I was trying to figure out what was so funny. Snake sounded like he didn't believe Pit was an angel or something like that. The cosplayer angle explains it though.

Phatcorns said:
Snake and DK:
Uh-oh... I feel it coming. Find cover!

Darkpen

Banned
Crushed said:
I was trying to figure out what was so funny. Snake sounded like he didn't believe Pit was an angel or something like that. The cosplayer angle explains it though.
Before he asks if he's a cosplayer, he does ask one or two more things.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
So it goes Cranky Kong -> Donkey Kong Jr. -> modern-day Donkey Kong.

CONFIRMED.

Oh, and while I couldn't watch the Final Smash video with sound, the fact that Ness apparently calls his Starstorm "PK Rockin'" makes me very happy.

At least Sakurai treats the Mother fans properly.

Sciz

Open Your Heart?
Emerald Hill?
Scrap Brain?

SRiH is more than forgiven. <3

edit: The SMW mix sounds great too, thanks.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
FallenAngelV said:
Emerald Hill, Scrap Brain

Yes. VERY YES.

I'm probably the minority on this, but Scrap Brain was my favourite song in Sonic 1. Yes, I liked it even more than Star Light Zone.

Cruceh

Banned
Crushed said:
Otacon, there's a person with feathers growing. Is it a chimera? Or is it a cosplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom