• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal B

Teasel said:
how do they use it differently? the only difference i see is that wolf landmaster is red
oh and looking at c.falcon final smash it seems the car hits in vertical and then if it connects it does that animation so it's actualy different from ganondorf

Yeah the diffrence is that Capt. Falcons final smash only hits one person and ganondorf hits everbody who gets in his way MUAHAHAHA!!! ... *hmmmm* sorry ...

Also this guys sucks by DKs Final Smash ... if you do it right you can cover the whole stage with a damagezone ...

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Rotanibor Eht said:
No, but it has Big Blue. Which also happens to be the best Melee stage.
Big Blue is a good stage, but I didnt like it as much as I liked Pokefloats. No Pokefloats is disappointing :(

psycho_snake

zoukka said:
Just wait until you see the Ice Climbers shit ;)

Snakes FS seems also pretty damn effective if you can hit people with it.
Ice Climber? Thats a surprise. Maybe I should take the time to learn how to use Ice Climbers. I dont think I ever used them after the first time I played with them.

Good to hear that snake has a good FS. I was planning on using him because I love snake and because his moveset actually looks good. I'd use him even if he had a shit moveset just because he's snake.

psycho_snake

Metal B said:
Yeah the diffrence is that Capt. Falcons final smash only hits one person and ganondorf hits everbody who gets in his way MUAHAHAHA!!! ... *hmmmm* sorry ...
What about Ganondorfs moveset? Is it similar to captain falcons again or have they changed it?

CoolS

Metal B said:

That's not right, in the one video with the two ROBs he hit them both.

Teasel

psycho_snake said:
What about Ganondorfs moveset? Is it similar to captain falcons again or have they changed it?
ganondorf has been luigifized... overall he still has the same moves but they have different animation and i think they also behave differently

psycho_snake said:

Eh, from what I've seen, the moves are similar in hit percentage and attributes, but they look much more different than they did in Melee. So while Ganondorf is basically a clone, an untrained eye probably couldn't tell.

psycho_snake

BrandNew said:
Eh, from what I've seen, the moves are similar in hit percentage and attributes, but they look much more different than they did in Melee. So while Ganondorf is basically a clone, an untrained eye probably couldn't tell.
Thats good. Ganondorf was one of my favourite characters in melee. I preferred him over captain falcon because he he didnt move so damn quick and so it was easier to control him. The one thing I didnt like is how his animations were pretty much identical to captain facon, so I'm glad they've changed that.

psycho_snake said:
Thats good. Ganondorf was one of my favourite characters in melee. I preferred him over captain falcon because he he didnt move so damn quick and so it was easier to control him. The one thing I didnt like is how his animations were pretty much identical to captain facon, so I'm glad they've changed that.

Yeah, and like Teasel said, he has been Luiginized. He's much more of his own character now, I think.

I'm kidna glad Toon Link's moves look a bit different too, cause I guarantee you I will play as him like every fuckin' time. Can't wait.

JonAmikar said:
GOTY CONFIRMED.

Is it the original song or a remix? Someone plz post it!!!
It's the straight up original song. It's pretty cool.

WTH? I beat Classic on Normal with Ganondorf and no WW Link? WTH???

Screw this! I've been playing smash brawl for over 16 hours straight! I NEED SLEEP!!

That's not the way to do it. For me he just showed up after beating Classic mode with Lucario. I think it's just a timer (don't know what exactly it's timing) that sets him off. Plus I had only beaten classic mode 4 times before that.

Insaniac

does anyone know how to 'spew fire' as supershell yoshi" I mean seriously, all I've seen is him spitting fireballs.

yoshi_070823c-l.jpg

im wondering if they took this out?

Rotanibor

Varshes said:
Anyone with Nico Nico accounts:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2193979

BGM Part 1, 23 mins of music from Brawl.

My life has greatly improved since I signed up for a Nico Nico account.

You know I didn't really much care for most of the music in Ocarina of Time, not that it was bad, it just wasn't my favorite Zelda OST. But that OoT remix in Brawl is turning out to be one of my favorite tracks in the whole game.

The other two songs on there that stood out to me were whatever that Mother song was, and slightly more notably that remix of the main Brawl theme at the very end. I may grow to appeciate playing on Final Destination purely because of that remix there. Where as I had no real reason before.

The only final smash I;ve seen is Kirby's and that looked a lot stronger than I expected it to be. I've got to see the rest of the FS to see how kirby's compares with everyone else's. It could turn out to be that Kirby's does less damage than most other character.

Kirby's final smash is actually pretty good. It KO's rather well if you fly all the way up to the top of the screen and then use it. Usually people fly right off the top if you do that.

It's the straight up original song. It's pretty cool.

That actually IS pretty cool. Thats one of the few songs I don't think would have been quite the same remixed.

Insaniac

Ganondorf and Cfalcon's Final smashes, while similar seems functionally different.

Ganondorf's is not targeted, he simply charges across the play area and knocks everyone in the way.

Cfalcon's I believe is an "aimed" FS. In the beginning you see his car zip past the front of him, and whoever the car hits, is unfortunate enough to be pwned by the cutscene of captain falcon ramming him. So you can hit multiple people, actually probably more similar to metaknights FS.

Teasel

so did we learn anything new with the bosses? here is the list as i know it
Kirby vs Petey Piranha
Fox & Diddy vs Rayquaza
Ness & Lucas vs pokey
Samus & Pikachu vs ridley
Meta Knight & Marth vs robotic looking monster... maybe a character made for brawl only?
? another ridley fight? i seems to remember a pic of ridley chasing the great falcon
Everyone vs Taboo
if that's all then it's kinda small for a boss list
also do we know if there is some super hard event like melee event 51?

turk128

Formless

zoukka said:
I just realised the Snake Codec face is NEW ART!!1 Very Nice.

Can you "keep" Snake under the box? Can your opponent pick it up??
That's good, it was annoying me in the other trailer where they just used his MGS1 art.

Rotanibor

Okay so we know all the stages now, so I organized it to be a bit more readable.

Mario
-Delfino Plaza (Starting)
-Mushroomy Kingdom (Starting)
-Mario Circuit (Starting)
-Mario Bros. (Unlockable)
-Luigi's Mansion (Unlockable)
-Rainbow Ride (Melee; Starting)

Yoshi
-Yoshi's Island (Starting)
-Yoshi's Island (Melee; Starting)

Donkey Kong
-Rumble Falls (Starting)
-Donkey Kong Arcade (Unlockable)
-Jungle Garden (Melee; Unlockable)

Wario
-Warioware (Starting)

Zelda
-Bridge of Eldin (Starting)
-Great Sea (Unlockable)
-Hyrule Temple (Melee; Starting)

F-Zero
-Port Town (Unlockable)
-Big Blue (Melee; Unlockable)

Animal Crossing
-Smashville (Starting)

Smash
-Battlefield (Starting)
-Final Destination (Starting)

Mother
-New Pork City (Starting)
-Onett (Melee; Starting)

Kid Icarus
-Skyworld (Starting)

Pikmin
-Distant Planet (Starting)

DS
-Pictochat (Starting)
-Electroplankton (Unlockable)

Star Fox
-Lylat Cruise (Starting)
-Corneria (Melee, Starting)

Sonic
-Green Hill Zone (Unlockable)

Metal Gear
-Shadow Moses Island (Starting)

Fire Emblem
-Castle Seige (Starting)

Metroid
-Norfair (Starting)
-Frigate Orpheon (Starting)
-Brinstar (Melee; Starting)

Pokemon
-Pokemon Stadium 2 (Starting)
-Spear Pillar (Unlockable)
-Pokemon Stadium (Melee; Unlockable)

Ice Climber
-The Summit (Starting)

Kirby
-Battleship Halberd (Starting)
-Green Greens (Melee; Unlockable)

G&W
-Game & Watch (Unlockable)

NTom64

turk128 said:
Holy shit! Hard rock version of Kirby tune (~9:00) rocks so very very hard! I needs me an mp3 of that so badly.

I can't link the actual video at the moment (using the Wii to post this), but if you go to my Youtube page you can find an mp3 download link for it in the video description of "Smash Bros. Brawl music: Gourmet Race".

Swisslink

Crushed said:
Huh... so Falco's Landmaster can hover so high that it can kill anyone standing on top of it, Wolf's barrel roll is much slower...

Yep...
But Falco and Wolf in a landmaster is still stupid xD

And I'm disappointed about the FS of Lucas and Ness :(

NotWii

Banned
Disappointed in stage count.
Expected at least 2 new stages per franchise like SSBM
Expected more SSBM stages to return (if it were up to me, I'd bring them all back)
Expected SOME SSB stages to return (if it were up to me, I'd bring them all back)

Proven

Rotanibor Eht said:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2195557
Apparently all final smashes shown in this video here.

edit:wow this video is really high quality. this is a must see

edit2: donkey kongs smash REALLLLLY sucks. unless there is something about it I don't know.

edit3: Okay Young Link's Final Smash is more or less exactly like Old Link. The triforce looks a bit brighter but thats it. And just to taught you people, for Ganon's taunt he pulls out is sword... and the puts it away. Truely a magnificent taunt. It definately does what it sets out to do.

WHY CAN'T ANYBODY DO IT RIGHT! I've seen like, only two videos of people doing Donkey Kong's FS right, and I think one of them might have even been a CPU.

Donkey Kong's FS takes button input, and if you do it right, it grows so large that would engulf the entire Final Destination stage, and a bunch of other stages too, with all of them being so small.

Edit:

OH GOD THEY CAN'T DO DIDDY KONG'S RIGHT EITHER? WHY IS IT THAT EVERY OTHER SINGLE FREAKING VIDEO WITHOUT EXCEPTION HAS IT RIGHT BUT THIS ONE?

I'm sorry...but...it's just that incompetence pisses me off more than you would believe.

masterkajo

Finally Toon Link's FS. Well, still a copy of Link's but at least it looks totally awesome when Toon Link slashes like mad at a 0% Ganondorf and throws him off the stage! :D

Rotanibor

Wii said:
Disappointed in stage count.
Expected at least 2 new stages per franchise like SSBM
Expected more SSBM stages to return (if it were up to me, I'd bring them all back)
Expected SOME SSB stages to return (if it were up to me, I'd bring them all back)

Overall I'm pleased with the stages. Almost all series have good representation in the form of fun looking levels to play. They are almost all a definate improvement over Melee stages. Hell the scrolling stages actually look FUN this time around, when they all sucked in Melee(not counting Big Blue, best stage ever).

The only one I feel that really got shafted was Kirby. Green Greens is awful, and besides that there is no typical happy-happy Kirby level.

webrunner

Swisslink said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuTw6Ekho0g <-- Here you've got every single FS ;)
Dunno if anybody has posted this ^^

edit: I think Ness' and Lucas' FS are really weak o_O
Imo the worst FS of all o_O

I've seen a video of Lucas using his and pretty much KOing everyone. I suppose it depends on the stage (more vertical stages means they'd probably hit more)

Edit: Yeah, watching the video, 1 on 1 final destination is quite possibly 'worst conditions' for PK Starstorm

Proven

More impressions...

A lot of the FS's, even the ones I thought were really really good before, seem to all require some amount of damage on a character to be an instant KO. That's good.

Ness, because of the japanese voice, I can't tell if he's yelling "PK Rockin!" or "PK Rock on!" Either way, it'll probably be Rockin in English, so fans rejoice.

Also about Ness, his Rockin doesn't seem to home at all. It just came out like a "cone" around the stage, and then the last few went through the middle, probably to "clean up". Will need to see it done in other situations.

Oh shoot! Captain Falcon's teleports you to Port City! When I first saw the Final Smash, they were already on Port City, so I just thought it brings you to the ground! That's so cool!

Oh, one last thing. I notice that Lucario also has a wall cling power, like Squirtle. That could be useful.

So was it ever confirmed that you get some extras for having saved Wii game data?

I was hoping having Mario Galaxy data would unlock a stage, myself. Sounds like that's not going to happen if the limit really is 41, though.

FoxSpirit

Lyte Edge said:
I just unlocked Snake; his taunt is normally him hiding under a cardboard box, but if you do it enough times, he drops into his codec pose and calls the Colonel or Mei-Ling (perhaps Naomi too? Who knows!) and they have a brief conversation about the character you're facing!

*snake-smaus pic*

Mein-Lin, Samus is undressed!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Wii said:
Uploading SSBB's Final Destination track
320kbps ripped from youtube sound room video.
It can sound better from a direct source, but this'll tide us over.

F YEAH!

psycho_snake

Rotanibor Eht said:
Okay so we know all the stages now, so I organized it to be a bit more readable.
I was really hoping for a super mario galaxy stage, but we didnt get one :(

swerve

I have stickers from both EBA and Ouendan, sharing the same page in my sticker book, and making this game better x 100.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Scribble said:
Has anyone collected EVERY trophy yet? Or completed all the Challenges?

Every trophy already? Are you nuts? We dont even know all the assists and we just found out the last stage several hours ago

YakiSOBA

i played smash on the n64 reliiously, and got pretty darn good (id say) with ness... i never played teh SSB on the gamecube, can someone fill in the gap for me? what has changed with ness that i should expect once i jump into SSBB?

also... i saw some footage about ssb melee in the past and people could "dodge" items being thrown at them if they hit a button a split second before impact... is this the same in brawl?

basically my history is:

N64 SSB ---> ??? ---> Wii SSB, fill in the blank! :)

(posted here again because im not sure which ssb thread gets more attention)

If I had the game, I would probably have all the statues by now as well. Brawl is a game which I am willing to sacrifice night-sleep to - I'm going to play it for 30+ hours straight when it comes out here.

tabsina

Lé Blade Runner said:
If I had the game, I would probably have all the statues by now as well. Brawl is a game which I am willing to sacrifice night-sleep to - I'm going to play it for 30+ hours straight when it comes out here.

i'd be very impressed if you could get all the statues in 30 hours... (moreso since you need to go through adventure mode to unlock all the characters as well)

Question: Does Kirby's final smash pull everyone into the pot? or just nearby people?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
ANYONE WHO CAN SPEAK OR READ JAPANESE:

Can we please get translations on these:

There's no need to do the Yoshi, Wario, or ZSS ones, since we've already heard them in English, and there's already a translation of the Falcon one:

S: Woah! That's Captain Falcon, isn't it?
O: You know your facts well! He's an F-Zero Pilot. He's racer number 7!
S: Whenever you talk aout Captain Falcon, we can't forget "that". I've always wanted to do "that" once.
O: Oh, "that"! Alright! Let's give it a try!!
S: FALCON PUUNCH!!
O: FALCON KIICKK!!

But we need to get the rest. You can get the gist from the tones of their voices and a few recognizable words for most of them, but there are some that the Japanese seem to find hilarious that I have no clue what's going on. And they all seem so funny. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom