• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
arstal said:
You missed out on 98 Heavy D! After hearing this, I think he would have been your all time favorite character- he's all about unwieldly weird moves. Juri might be up your alley also, if you don't mind not playing a heavy rushdown char (she can rush in a few matchups)

With the exeption of the glorious Q, I can only play rushdown characters. It's kind of funny, because with Dudley I'm horribly impatient, but with Q I can be extremely patient. Any other turtle character and I get frustrated. Q makes me play better.

cHaotix8 said:
lk. SSB isn't that bad. It's a good mixup for when your opponent is able to punish the cr. mp/hk xx lk duck, does pretty good chip damage, and isn't punishable. The only thing I have to complain about it is that it doesn't go far enough forward.

I still get hit out of it all the time, though. I want it to eat whiffed limbs, not slam into them. It definitely needs a bigger, more forward hitbox.

LakeEarth

God's Beard said:
With the exeption of the glorious Q, I can only play rushdown characters. It's kind of funny, because with Dudley I'm horribly impatient, but with Q I can be extremely patient. Any other turtle character and I get frustrated. Q makes me play better.
I'm the same way with Balrog footsies. Any other characters my footsie game is not great, but something about Balrog makes me stop and hover just beyond sweep range. I'm guessing its because of the roundhouse button.

Threi

notag
Yeah i haven't gotten any ragemail in a while.

One time I beat a ryu in ranked who was using some serious scrub tactics, and got the message notification. I got so exited, opened it up with a big grin on my face:

"gg"

I was so pissed. I wanted to send him ragemail for not sending me ragemail :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
♥TS

K. Thanks.

2z6xsg7.png

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Threi said:

One time I beat a ryu in ranked who was using some serious scrub tactics, and got the message notification. I got so exited, opened it up with a big grin on my face:

"gg"

its really weird how that works. Whenever i have a really good match and expect a 'GG' i get the social commentary about my mother..yet when i totally gimmick someone or blow them out the water i get 'GG'. I guess the better players get salty easier compared to others.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
thinly veiled shizza blasting?
Nah I'm just keeping up with the joke regarding my opinion of chun players that back dash for their lives. Long done talking about Shizza here

carlos

Axis said:
what to do on wakeup as chun li: block

eat damgae = gg's

All the advice is appreciated, I just seem to suck at the timing for the backdash on wakeup :(

A match might be going fine, but when I get knocked down they get close and start their shenanigans, and suddenly I lost 40% of my health or worse...
That's why I usually have to save up the meter to use ex bird kick and open up some space.

That's the one thing I resent the most about women characters, the low health; seems like I could afford so many more mistakes with my previous characters.

vulva

I got a message from some dude who was playing a good dudley and beat me. I was expecting some trash. Instead he apologised because he accidentally taunted. I didn't even notice him taunting. Sometime people are just really nice.

hitsugi

Happy Phantom said:
I got a message from some dude who was playing a good dudley and beat me. I was expecting some trash. Instead he apologised because he accidentally taunted. I didn't even notice him taunting. Sometime people are just really nice.
Do you remember a time when people apologized for throwing..? Hard to believe such a thing existed but it happened

Wallach

GatorBait said:
I always wondered what the deal was with the bumps sticking out of the midsection of the silhouette?

It's the tail of his jacket sort of flapping behind him as he runs. I think that's one of the characters from Melty Blood.

Axis

carlos said:
All the advice is appreciated, I just seem to suck at the timing for the backdash on wakeup :(

A match might be going fine, but when I get knocked down they get close and start their shenanigans, and suddenly I lost 40% of my health or worse...
That's why I usually have to save up the meter to use ex bird kick and open up some space.

That's the one thing I resent the most about women characters, the low health; seems like I could afford so many more mistakes with my previous characters.

ex.sbk kinda sucks if you're playing people who know what they're doing...just use her normals at whatever the cost to keep them away...fireball->s.mk the jump over or fireball->df.lk->dash ex legs the jump over...and lots of s.mp! such a good poke

Threi said:

"gg"

If u want ragemail, fight someone with SRK on their gamertag ;)

carlos

is the mp poke better than abusing the crouching roundhouse/sweep? I'm used to starting my own shenanigans when i manage to knock the other person down....

oh, and yeah to the comment on ex bird kick, it's more of a once per round/desperation move since its easy to punish if you know its coming

XenoRaven

carlos said:
is the mp poke better than abusing the crouching roundhouse/sweep? I'm used to starting my own shenanigans when i manage to knock the other person down....

oh, and yeah to the comment on ex bird kick, it's more of a once per round/desperation move since its easy to punish if you know its coming
Spamming sweep is tempting. Do NOT do it. A knockdown is nice and all, but her sweep is highly punishable compared to her other options. It's a good move, just use it sparingly. Use st mp, st hp, and st hk (really effective against larger characters) to chip away at them as they try to get in. The best Chuns keep both players on their feet for a majority of the round.

Axis

carlos said:

i use s.mp more than sweep...if it's blocked it's no big deal since the range is crazy...chuns sweep recovery is punishable by some(most?) chars. i wouldn't abuse any of them bu tyou can set up some nice mindgames with s.mp...try switching between s.mp->fireball, s.mp->MK or HK hazanshu, s.mp->lk hazanshu(whiffs and leads to damage if they were trying to srk or reversal on reaction) and s.mp->dash in throw

ex.sbk isn't THAT bad you can easily AA obvious jumpins and can really blow up throw attempts but otherwise i don't find it that great

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Kens outfit coming out tomorrow is making me want to consistently play the game again. I'm mad garbage at SSF4 nowadays. Will be good for when AE is released hopefully before MVC3.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
_dementia said:
lag and reversal DPs go hand in hand

I'm playing the same people from months ago and they are doing the same exact thing. It's like they never learned anything.

Going around beating people up with the Pink ranger. :lol

Threi

notag
am i the only one having troubles downloading the alt costume catalog? It closes the download page as soon as i try to dl it, and it gives an error if I try to dl off xbox.com

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I get mostly get gg's. I think it's because Viper and Makoto are characters people don't play often. But I do have 5 or 6 salt-o-grams in my inbox from this Zangief player that I pretty much destroyed in ranked a few weeks ago. Luckily I recorded our matches~

jlai said:
Its just as difficult to delay then empty jump as it is to just time it out otherwise. Dash forward whiff normal neutral jump is nice because it gives you the exact timing. The only hard part is getting the ultra to connect after the lk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VRgJdzrQ3U :D

I got pretty lucky on that one. Hit with a normal but just so happened the dash jump still worked. I try it way too many times playing online.. with like a 10% success rate

Yeah if I wanted to do cr.lk into ultra I'd do it the normal way by whiffing the normal, because there are already a lot of variables that have to be right for that to connect and timing it manually just adds another chance to screw it up. But I don't really do cr.lk into ultra anyway, since it's mostly a showoff combo. VRyu has said on SRK that he can hit confirm it offline...but my reactions just aren't that godlike since I find hit confirming even meaty st.mp into ultra pretty tough offline, even if I buffer the ultra motion.

But yeah, I just use meaty cr.lk so I can link st.mps into ex oroshi for another knockdown. Farms might be right that it could give her a pretty dirty high/low mixup if you try to manually time it. Was pretty surprised with how consistent I was after only a few minutes of messing with it. Need to test that in some actual matches.

VariantX

Threi said:
am i the only one having troubles downloading the alt costume catalog? It closes the download page as soon as i try to dl it, and it gives an error if I try to dl off xbox.com

Nope, i cant do it either.

MIMIC

Banned
Oh yeah....on the Versus screen, there was a message that my opponent hadn't downloaded the alternate costume.

WTF was THAT about :lol

Constructing bnbs with Guy is pretty interesting, too.

close RH, MP, Run > Slide - Trades places
close RH, cMP, EX Tatsumaki - solid damage
close RH, cMP, EX Hozanto - Big Stun + FADC opportunities

He also has a lot of weird options when it comes to chasing and escaping opponents, and two air throws make his aerial game pretty sweet. It's too bad most of his good shit needs a corner, though, even if he's good at changing positions and moving the opponent.

hitsugi said:
Too bad you can't cancel it into U2.. or CAN you?

HMM

hitsugi

I'm pretty sure you can't but funky U2 motion could prove me wrong

also close HK, c.mp, s.mp into ex hozanto is sexy

Solune

Gr1mLock said:
yea too bad 99 percent of people block low and standing RH misses on crouching opponents..

Forget crouching opponents, it whiffs on crumpled chars and certain chars in hitstun. Fix this shit Capcom.

Solune said:
Forget crouching opponents, it whiffs on crumpled chars and certain chars in hitstun. Fix this shit Capcom.

The fact that it can easily whiff after a FA crumple is so dumb.

Nice to see more people picking up Guy...we're a minority. And at least we can all suffer together :D

hitsugi

Solune said:
Yeah focus crumple into whiffed roundhouse is a pretty awesome trait of guys. I also like whiffing the fierce on my target combo and getting ultra'd.

USD

AZ Greg said:
Going straight to Fei:

Normals
- Close and Far stand jab are have an extra frame of advantage (now +6)
- Close forward has a 4-frame startup

Specials
- Less recovery on EX Rekka on hit and on guard
- No invincibility with HK Chicken Wing (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Other
- Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end

No cancellable cr.MK. :( I knew it was too good to be true.

I'll check out Vega next just for you AZ.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
USD said:
Going straight to Fei:

Normals
- Close and Far stand jab are have an extra frame of advantage (now +6)
- Close forward has a 4-frame startup
- Additional frame advantage on many moves (FUCK YES)

Specials
- Less recovery on EX Rekka on hit and on guard
- No invincibility with HK Chicken Wing (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Other
- Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash end

No cancellable cr.MK. :( I knew it was too good to be true.

why do people want this?? do you want him to be god on the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom