• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocwell

RE: Fei Long changes,

I knew the invincibility in hk chickenwing nerf was coming, but still glad lk, mk, and ex were unaffected, sucks if you can get thrown out of the start up now though. :(

I really hope they improved the frame advantage on his close standing light kick so you have a nice bnb that you can hit confirm into rekkas that hits all crouchers that's not a 1 frame link.
+6 on standing jabs will also be nice for comboing into cl. mp xx hk chickenwing on certain characters.

Change to ex rekkas might be nice if you can throw out 2 rekkas at random without having to worry about getting punished for it.

dankir

Does this help?? Light blue is the body, kinda looks like Urien blocking from SF3: 3S

01_onopic03.jpg

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
it's a ono tweet... let's not get carried away, putting our necks out there counting pixels and what-not.

Satyamdas

Banned
Yo ughhh I want Icee Blue Sim alt color now. I really do miss the colorful alts from the early SF2 games. Everything feels drab and muted now and so many of the colors are way too similar to others.

El Sloth

Banned
pirateben said:
Christ, I'm pretty bad but that Akuma has discovered a whole new continent of suck.

As for the Ono pic... I guess Urien would be pretty cool but am I the only one secretly hoping it's Elena? It's on the Africa stage after all.
No, you're not. I think Elena would be pretty cool in SSIV.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I have a mild suspicion that they were talking about the cancel windows on some of Juri's moves, like st. HP is FADC-able but it's so fucking late in the move you can't do anything. Regardless, in the japanese it's said they're only giving examples of various tweaks to make her "easier to use".

i just got invited to an endless battle by greg and im running with guy even though ive only trained with him enough to learn basic combos and never fought anyone with him :lol

edit: getting bodied

God's Beard said:
i just got invited to an endless battle by greg and im running with guy even though ive only trained with him enough to learn basic combos and never fought anyone with him :lol

edit: getting bodied

All this Guy talk has made me want to pick him up to. He has some nice moves and combos, especially big damage corner combos if you can put them in that situation. I won't drop the Shoto's, but I'd like to pick up Guy as a secondary.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Rice-Eater said:
All this Guy talk has made me want to pick him up to. He has some nice moves and combos, especially big damage corner combos if you can put them in that situation. I won't drop the Shoto's, but I'd like to pick up Guy as a secondary.
Its your (plural) funeral. Early advice. Get people to block high and your life will be alot easier

Hitokage said:
I have a mild suspicion that they were talking about the cancel windows on some of Juri's moves, like st. HP is FADC-able but it's so fucking late in the move you can't do anything. Regardless, in the japanese it's said they're only giving examples of various tweaks to make her "easier to use".
She couldnt get any harder to win with. when most of the cast can ignore her aggression there is a problem. I still say she's way too high in the rankings.

GGs to Greg, Saty and Eva. Thanks for putting up with my beginner scrub Guy, I'm not even used to the inputs yet, I kept getting instant air throw when I wanted the bunshin flip, and I have zero philosophy for fighting as him and thus was pretty random :/

I was browsing the Guy forum between vega walldive trolling sessions, but there's no info on vega matchups, soo......

Eva's really fun to fight, and the only one that doesn't use a fucked-up character, so I did use Dudley against him. Hopefully it seemed a little different from last time.

LowParry

Ugh. Guy's destroying my game by learning how to play him. :lol So floaty goddamn it. And Dee Jay I can't tell if he's going to cross me up or not. Maybe it's late. I need more psycho power tips. Damn it all I can't link Bison's links. Offline thing or something. Hell if I know. I just know it bored the shit out of Akuma so he bailed. Can't even get a 10 game run. :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AkumaHokoru said:
She couldnt get any harder to win with. when most of the cast can ignore her aggression there is a problem. I still say she's way too high in the rankings.

I try to play Juri as runaway due to that. Just annoy people to death. Her jump game is good though with MP, HP and MK making crossups really ambiguous. Not possible vs some chars though.

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
GGs to Greg, Saty and Eva. Thanks for putting up with my beginner scrub Guy, I'm not even used to the inputs yet, I kept getting instant air throw when I wanted the bunshin flip, and I have zero philosophy for fighting as him and thus was pretty random :/

I was browsing the Guy forum between vega walldive trolling sessions, but there's no info on vega matchups, soo......

Eva's really fun to fight, and the only one that doesn't use a fucked-up character, so I did use Dudley against him. Hopefully it seemed a little different from last time.
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! Sorry for using a "fucked up character", but he's the only one I can play semi-competently. :( *cries* But seriously though I did feel kinda bad though since I knew you were just learning Guy and was gonna bust out my scrubtastic Sakura or Makoto, but you left before I got the chance.

ggs

USD said:
Everything in one post:
JURI

Specials
-Her fireball charge kick knocks the opponent higher
-You can now combo Fireball charge > Pinwheel, for example

-Less stun and damage on charge kick

Ultra
No changes to U1, but because of the changes to the charge kick, it's easier to score knockdowns

Other
Faster walk speed (both foward and back)
Improvements to hitbox, EX FA (Not sure about this one, take with a grain of salt)

8eh4scn.gif

LTTP but... I notice a lot of (online) juri's focus on the rush-in FUHAJIN combo strings, which is nice but cannot be the sole focus on her gameplan. Her slow walk speed made her footsie game weak (unless the opponent was predictable), hopefully that will change with this slight tweak in speed!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
pirateben said:
Christ, I'm pretty bad but that Akuma has discovered a whole new continent of suck.

I wish BP and PP never went up. I want mine to stay 0 forever.

Yeah. Yesterday was laaaaaaaag city. It was fun trolling the dp mashers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom