• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

dannybaccala said:
Just got this game. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this franchise. I got some questions...

Does the PS3 version have significantly less players online?

I suck. Will getting an arcade stick help me at all?

If yes, is there a big difference between the standard 70$ madcatz one and the 150$ tournament edition?

Thanks guys!

An arcade stick may help you by giving equal access to all the buttons. That helps n00bs a lot, by giving them a way to learn all the basic attacks. The stick doesn't really make that big a difference unless you never ever played in a pad. SSF4's inputs are really lenient and easy to do in a pad.

Thanks to the PS3 side for putting me in my place tonight. Floyd, Rocwell, Sollune, you guys are rad.

My Ibuki seems content to weave moments of brilliance into what seems like an eternity of total incompetence. The broad has no pokes, I tell you!

Anyway, I'm sorry to you guys for being in and out of rooms so frequently. I find myself leaving angry not because of the losses (which I'm doing my best to learn from), but the 20 minutes I know I'll have to wait for another shot to play. By the time I'm up to fight again, I've forgotten everything that I was going to make an effort to change.

GGs all, and I'll prolly see ya tomorrow night.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
MIMIC said:
I just ragequitted the fucking CPU :lol >_<

Trying to get the speed freak achievement. Couldn't fucking take it anymore.

EDIT: Got it.
I love posts like this. Rararrgaghhgh stupidffffssakenooooOOOOAAARRRGH! Done. :lol

I understand though, as I just got Trial Athlete and Iconoclast. The feeling is palpable.

USD

Lost Fragment said:
So Uryo vs Mochi today, yeah?

I hate the matches where you already know who's gonna win beforehand because of the matchup.
Hey, their last match went 10-8. It's unlikely but still possible for Mochi to win.

The match is supposed to start at 6:30 AM EDT (some 15 minutes from now), but according to the on-screen message, there will be a 15-minute delay.

USD

Uryo's putting him in the corner within the first five seconds of the round. I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Satyamdas

Banned
I always see this match listed as 6-4 for Viper and I assumed it was just my scrubbiness that make it feel closer to a 7-3. Well fuck that I'm leaning way more towards it being 7-3 rather than 6-4 after seeing this set.

Lots of characters make Sim scared to throw out limbs, but few can do the crazy amounts of damage/stun that Viper can do to blow up a single st. mk poke from Sim. Not only can she make him whiff any limb with EX Seismo and punish it with a fat combo from full screen, she is then on top of him and can run her shenanigans for free since she doesnt have to respect Sim's wakeup at all. And if Sim can somehow escape and reset things, it doesn't matter because Viper is impossible to zone at all and he is back to being tentative to throw out limbs for fear of being blown up completely.

Poor Mochi :(

taku

Lost Fragment said:
Someone call the cops, because Mochi just got murdered.
Yeah man, Uryo totally threw out the garbage!

output.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Not sure how any of that statement is untrue. The last bit is debatable I guess, but hk karakusa has pretty good range. If you include karakara in this then...yeah, there's nothing in that statement that's untrue.

Either way, it's not really fair to criticize Seth when he was commenting on a build of the game where you could (supposedly) kara with f+hk.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lost Fragment said:
Not sure how any of that statement is untrue. The last bit is debatable I guess, but hk karakusa has pretty good range. If you include karakara in this then...yeah, there's nothing in that statement that's untrue.

Either way, it's not really fair to criticize Seth when he was commenting on a build of the game where you could (supposedly) kara with f+hk.

(mouth waters), I use HK kara mostly anyways

I'd settle for EX kara with HK range, but unable to link to Ultra1:D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
~Devil Trigger~ said:
I'd settle for EX kara with HK range, but unable to link to Ultra1:D

How would they do that?

Karakusa is +12. Both st.hp and U1 start in 6 frames. So make ex kara +5 instead and make it a 2-frame link to st.mp? If they were gonna do that, I'd rather they keep it the way it is.

vg260

_dementia said:
:lol there needs to be a compilation of seth PR lies

This is my favorite. In a destructoid video interview while talking about the designers of TVC, he was saying how some of them worked on MvC2 which he said is "is super-crazy, but one of the best balanced games around." Wha? :lol I like the guy and think he does a great job, but he got a bit overzealous there.

Satyamdas said:
I always see this match listed as 6-4 for Viper and I assumed it was just my scrubbiness that make it feel closer to a 7-3. Well fuck that I'm leaning way more towards it being 7-3 rather than 6-4 after seeing this set.

Lots of characters make Sim scared to throw out limbs, but few can do the crazy amounts of damage/stun that Viper can do to blow up a single st. mk poke from Sim. Not only can she make him whiff any limb with EX Seismo and punish it with a fat combo from full screen, she is then on top of him and can run her shenanigans for free since she doesnt have to respect Sim's wakeup at all. And if Sim can somehow escape and reset things, it doesn't matter because Viper is impossible to zone at all and he is back to being tentative to throw out limbs for fear of being blown up completely.

Poor Mochi :(

I shed a tear, too. :(

I'm resigning as GAF Dudley. Chaotix is much better than me now, I remember being about the same level last time we fought. He tends to use attacks that actually have a good percentage of hitting people. Mine are easy to block.

GGs Chaotix, I don't know why the internet died during our last fight, I guess my yoga inferno burned out the router.

Time to spend more PP leveling up Guy.

yanV7.gif

Rest in peace, good buddy. It's been fun.

cHaotix8

GGs dude. I think your biggest problem is that you like to press a lot of buttons under pressure instead of just blocking. I got a lot of big damage counter-hit combos that way. That and you should never, ever, use Dudleys non ex DP's outside of combos. It's really just those two bad habits that are holding you back.

Don't drop Dudley for Guy of all characters. :p

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Was up so early today, went back to sleep totally forgetting about Uryo-Mochi - I'd have to watch the matches myself to see if it was an actual slaughter because end results don't say too much at these monsters' levels but if it was one-sided during the fights as well, then ouch.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
:lol Gotta love the Mak forum

thanksseth.jpg

Still painful to see.

Might as well not make her animation reach that far if they're gonna make that her elbows have to touch to connect with the grab, I'd be more satisfied with that.

cHaotix8 said:
GGs dude. I think your biggest problem is that you like to press a lot of buttons under pressure instead of just blocking. I got a lot of big damage counter-hit combos that way.

That makes 3 people. I'm starting to think I played better as turtle Dudley. Probably because I was too afraid to use f+FP back then.

That and you should never, ever, use Dudleys non ex DP's outside of combos. It's really just those two bad habits that are holding you back.

..I did? I remember once I got a DP like 3 seconds after I hit some button for whatever reason, but I don't remember ever really using the DP, just like one EX and the double dp after a crumple(which is itself a bad habit). Sometimes I like to go for the dp FADC cRH, but I don't remember doing that against you. I do remember missing the EX MGB, Ducking Upper a couple times, which was really weird. Especially since I never missed the overhead into RH.

so, is there any "best" way of going about getting the costumes, or do you just have to bite the bullet and buy the full set? I mean do they ever have sales or anything of the sort that would ease the immense feeling of literally being robbed at gunpoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom