• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super World Karts -- Indie mascot kart racer -- needs GAF's Kickstarter help!

Lijik

I dont recognize a lot of the racers but I dig the ones I do enough to back this.

Everyone can eat ARES' dust

PapaSeagull

Neo Member
It's getting close!

$14,515 of $16,000 funded

36 hours to go

I think we can do this!

Yeah, I'm really amazed at this fantastic progress! I'm off to get some sleep, but I think when I wake up it might even be into the final thousand! :)

@Lijik - thanks for your support too!

OnPoint

Where is Max from Mutant mudd ??

Where is Quart from Cave Story??

This needs more characters!!!

It being successfully funded will probably lend it some credence as a product, meaning more developers and IP owners will be willing to sign off on it.

$15,201 of $16,000 left to go with 19 hours remaining.

This is looking somewhat likely to succeed.

sn00zer

Ehhhhh....Mode 7 is kinda nice nostalgicaly, but making barriers hard to see due to the viewing plane is no fun....

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wishing them luck. One observation, though - the graphics don't look faithfully 'SNES' to me... there's a inconsistent 'i was made in Adobe' tone to some of the assets, it doesn't all come together in a very faithfully 16-bit way IMO. Of course, it's a work in progress.

klodeckel

Banned
OMG This looks amazing. Man, I would back so much more on Kickstarter if they would also bring games on WiiU/PS4/XBO ... So rare.

Looks like Mario kart from back when Mario kart wasn't fun.

Wait, what?

I think the game looks pretty cool, but to be honest I am not familiar with most of those indie characters. Shame there aren't more heavy hitters in the line up.

Timeaisis

Hey cool, dev is here. Game looks awesome. What tech are you using? I love the combination of pixel art and high resolution backgrounds.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Read the title and thought Super Kart World flows better as a title name.

PapaSeagull

Neo Member
Wishing them luck. One observation, though - the graphics don't look faithfully 'SNES' to me... there's a inconsistent 'i was made in Adobe' tone to some of the assets, it doesn't all come together in a very faithfully 16-bit way IMO. Of course, it's a work in progress.
Cheers! As you said some things are WIP, but also the higher res pushes things away from being snes like too. It's a tricky balance that I'll have to keep working on.

OMG This looks amazing. Man, I would back so much more on Kickstarter if they would also bring games on WiiU/PS4/XBO ... So rare.
Yeah, its a shame, those platforms are out of reach for me without the stretch goals I had set up. A lot of projects fail to fund entirely because they have a goal set too high, when trying to include the costs of adding those consoles into the main goal.

Funded! Congrats, Paul
Cheers Badass! :)

Hey cool, dev is here. Game looks awesome. What tech are you using? I love the combination of pixel art and high resolution backgrounds.
Unity3D, but it could have been done with any 3d game engine I guess.

Congrats on getting funded!
Thanks Lijik! :)

Read the title and thought Super Kart World flows better as a title name.
that does flow better, while also sounding like a theme park! :)

Top Bottom