• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SuperDaE is threatening to release lots of secret Xbox One info if he is arrested

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Didn't Kotaku corroborate a lot of his stuff, even making an article about him at one point? Then again, lot of the twitter stuff he posts was shown to be so full of shit. So at least some stuff is legit, but you're right it could be all bs masked by the fact he did have some real info.

The again, if he releases false documents implicating people or MS, could it not be some kind of libel/slander or whatever? Don't think he's that stupid.

http://kotaku.com/5986239/the-rise-and-fall-of-superdae-a-most-unusual-video-game-hacker

Yeah. It was a really good piece from Totilo on the guy. A lot of the shit is pretty crazy. I wouldn't dismiss what hes saying as fabrication, I think hes got a fair amount of shit MS would rather not see announced.

weird that now I'm hoping he gets charged just to satiate my curiosity, doubt he has anything worthwhile but blackmail rarely works and just makes ya look more guilty

Wait MS has something up their sleeves to go along with always on and used DRM? Great thing i have off tomorrow and extra popcorn left over.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Where he been for the past 5 months?

"SuperDaE has been sitting in his apartment for months now, waiting the results of the multi-jurisdictional investigation by the Western Australian Police Service and the FBI in the US over his ownership of the Xbox Durango development console from Microsoft. Before police raided his home, Henry had spent a spell talking to serious characters from Microsoft HQ about his attempted sale of the Durango development kits on eBay."

boingball

Lol, he will get arrested. If there is something, they will try to shut it down from being released. If they don't manage to do it beforehand though, they have a problem.

Also to what he might have. Well what about Kinect uploads profiles of what you do at home to a MS server and agreements between MS and the US government to hand over the Kinect data. Or plans to increase game prizes for EA and MS and Activision games.

There could be plenty of stuff in there (not saying there is).

Anyway, doubt anything will be released.

I doubt anything will come of this, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Perhaps it would have been smarter not to have publicly threaten this. I hope he has a back up plan.

Gorillaz

"SuperDaE has been sitting in his apartment for months now, waiting the results of the multi-jurisdictional investigation by the Western Australian Police Service and the FBI in the US over his ownership of the Xbox Durango development console from Microsoft. Before police raided his home, Henry had spent a spell talking to serious characters from Microsoft HQ about his attempted sale of the Durango development kits on eBay."

Killthee
helped a brotha out
(Today, 10:24 PM)

Well, there could be verification that MS actually will use the patent that charges more to view a movie if the Kinect detects too many people in the room. Can't come up with much else.

That's the first thing I thought of too. But maybe also something like Kinect being used for targeted advertising? Could be a shit show if stuff like that came out.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

So his kit was legit? Interesting.

I just want to know what his thought process was where he thinks this kind of 'threat' will prevent him from being arrested. "I'll threaten law enforcement and demand that they drop all the charges against me or I'll do something else illegal by disseminating hacked information. That kind of blackmail always works for criminals trying to evade arrest, what could possibly go wrong?"

So as a former federal defense attorney, this is probably the worst idea he could have

As a person who has no experience with law, I agree that this is a pretty fucking terrible idea if his goal is to not end up in jail. If his goal was to spend his 15 minutes of e-fame, it's pretty damn successful since he's onto his sixth hour now.

That said, I'd like to see that Kinect-will-be-used-as-DRM rumour mentioned in the shitdump, just to fan the flames a little more.

What kind of person threatens FBI?

84d80dc498b0f14b8e00461dc9a6d299.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, just release it. We deserve to know Dae!

I hope he doesn't get arrested, but I really wanna know. Wonder how his situation has evolved since earlier this year.

Why wouldn't Microsoft just wait this guy out? After Xbone is released all the information he's holding will be out there. Then they just arrest him after the Xbone comes out.

Kainazzo

So what's the worst that could happen if he does release them?
-They arrest him
-He releases all the info.
-Info eventually becomes outdated as years pass.

What's the worst thing that they could be hiding, really? A few upcoming games, engineering documents, some internal notes? Unless they're secretly pressing discs using blue whale cyst extract or something, I can't think of anything that wouldn't die down quickly as new controversies erupt elsewhere.

Given all the information about Xbone he leaked turned out to be faked, would MS buy into his bluff?

There's little question that he's getting arrested now, and I wouldn't be too surprised if the new info was indeed bollocks. Still, more fuel for the fire is in this case good, since Microsoft needs to be taken down a peg or twenty.

Cube

Go WA, I guess? I wonder what he has that he thinks it will give MS pause in trying to get him jail time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I didn't know MS had the ability to shut down people's twitter accounts.
I've seen twitter accounts shutdown for much less by upset corporations. I wouldn't say corrupt is the right word, but flexing your power isn't that hard when your a huge corporation and Twitter will definitely take a valid complaint into consideration.

Valnen

how can someone so smart be so...stupid?

Hey if you're gonna be locked up for a long time might as well go out with a bang. Microsoft wants to make this guy disappear. They're probably going to succeed. Might as well do as much as you can before it happens.

Top Bottom