• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl/Flash crossover episode to air in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's coming March 28th on CBS:

Details on the episode are being kept under wraps. There’s also no word yet on whether Melissa Benoist will return the favor and appear on The Flash. However, here’s why this crossover is important: If Barry Allen can make his way to National City, that means so too can Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) in the future.

“We are so incredibly excited to announce something that we have dreamed of happening since we starting making Supergirl —The Flash and Supergirl are teaming up!” said The Flash and Supergirl executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. “We want to thank Grant Gustin for making the time to come visit (on top of his already immense workload) and all of the folks at CBS, The CW, Warner Bros., and DC for working this out. And finally thanks to the fans and journalists who have kept asking for this to happen. It is our pleasure and hope to create an episode worthy of everyone’s enthusiasm and support.”

Kard8p3

Grant Gustin is the GOAT. I don't know if anyone can top his Flash.

Flash has
52 (now 51) portals leading to other Earths. I'm sure one of them leads to Supergirl Earth

Naw,
They all lead to Earth-2. But That doesn't mean there can't be more portals after the 52 that lead elsewhere.

GloveSlap

Damn, never thought that woud happen. DC's movie universe may be a mess, but their TV and animation game is on point.

Kouichi

Whoa awesome! Now I need to go back to watching Supergirl.

How's the first season been so far? I didn't think what I saw was bad, just that the first few episodes didn't really catch my attention.

number11

Yes !! Supergirl's first few episodes were terrible, but just like The Flash, the show has become pretty fun to watch.

Kevinroc

OHHHH SHIT
It'll just be Earth-3 anyways

2013-08-28-06-48-12-Justice-League-2011-023-024-666x1024.jpg

abundant

Whoa awesome! Now I need to go back to watching Supergirl.

How's the first season been so far? I didn't think what I saw was bad, just that the first few episodes didn't really catch my attention.

It starts out slow, but once a key character is introduced, the show turns around in a big way. I'd say, right now, Supergirl is just as good as current Flash and Arrow.

Tabby

Damn, never thought that woud happen. DC's movie universe may be a mess, but their TV and animation game is on point.
We've seen like, one movie and it was pretty good.
Not sure how you can judge an entire movie universe off of one movie.

Didn't he always?

Nah, in the Arrowverse, Arrow is their Batman and Flash is their Superman. They're the first out-and-out heroes, which is why people were slow to adjust to superpowers.

That doesn't square with Supergirl's status quo, where everyone knows about Superman and his enemies.

Patryn

Oh shit. Superman finally linked to Arrowverse.
As has been said, undoubtedly it'll be Flash doing a bit more universe hopping.

It's been a major theme of this season.

So no Supes in the Arrowverse. Flash already fills that role, as Green Arrow fills Batman's.

Nah, in the Arrowverse, Arrow is their Batman and Flash is their Superman. They're the first out-and-out heroes, which is why people were slow to adjust to superpowers.

That doesn't square with Supergirl's status quo, where everyone knows about Superman and his enemies.

Not Really, Batman could technically exist they just aren't allowed to hint at it much. They technically can't even say "Gotham" or "Metropolis"
Wayne Tech reference in Flash
Dark Knights & Men of Steel line from LoT
Harley already in Waller's custody.

Superman existing pre Season 2 of Flash & S4 of Arrow would just about break the universe though imo.

Effect

this better be an alternate dimension

Well alternate world. It's the only way this works. People can travel back and forth between Earth 1 and Earth 2 on the Flash and Barry/Flash can travel back and forward in time. Only stands to reason something in Flash this season will allow him to travel to other alternate Earths to make this possible.

Also like said other heroes like Batman can possibly exist in the Arrow/Flash universe. The others can be underground or you just don't hear about them in the cities Flash/Arrow are in. To much of the Batman universe exist within Arrow for there not to be a Batman at least. It's Superman that is the big issue. There is no believable way to introduce him now given how they've progressed the shows. So Supergirl has to be on another Earth.

For those that don't watch Supergirl the other heroes we've had confirmed on her world are Superman of course and Martian Manhunter. No doubt others will show up at some point

Luigi87

Edit: Nvm

Also really excited about this.

I figure it'll be a different Earth. Dunno if they will go with Earth-3 naming (due to the above), but it'll be interesting.

SpaceWolf

Banned
"I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall..."

-Rip Hunter

That's some cringey Smallville shit right there.

"I met a billionaire with high-tech toys and a wondrous woman who will throw you for a loop!"

Chloe, for god's sake...you met Batman and Wonder Woman, didn't you? Just come out and say it!

Penguin

I mean I don't think Supergirl NEEDED to be connected to the Arrow-verse, but still super stoked

and that timing

On Friday, Batman v Superman

Then monday, here's a The Flash/Supergirl crossover for you

Now just confirm Amell's TDKR appearance on Legends for that week!

Didn't he always?

Yeah there's a scene that was cut from Season 1 with Joe and Barry talking and hinting at Superman and Aquaman.

Nope there are other superheroes in the Arrowverse.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/watch-deleted-the-flash-scene-hints-at-superman-aquaman

GloveSlap

How is their movie universe a mess? We've seen one film from it so far.

By universe I meant more of their movie output in general, not their attempt at a shared universe. But the fact that their attempt at that is so rushed is a bit of a mess in and of itself.

That's some cringey Smallville shit right there.

"I met a billionaire with high-tech toys and a wondrous woman who will throw you for a loop!"

Chloe, for god's sake...you met Batman and Wonder Woman. Just come out and say it, you're not being subtle, girl.

rip is a time traveler, its more him being sentimental than lampshady imo
his line is not as much "Lets point out a thing without pointing out the thing" as that stuff (or jessica jones, which is maybe THE WORST about it)

Effect

Yeah there's a scene that was cut from Season 1 with Joe and Barry talking and hinting at Superman and Aquaman.

Nope there are other superheroes in the Arrowverse.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/watch-deleted-the-flash-scene-hints-at-superman-aquaman

Didn't know about that. Guess they got to use it later though.

Jay Garrick confirmed that Atlantis did exist on Earth 2 (was above water as well I believe) when he was talking with Katlin on the Flash earlier this season. Mentioned one of his best friends was from there. Clearly a Aquaman nod.

There is also a
Gorilla City on Earth 2.

Skunkers

Not Really, Batman could technically exist they just aren't allowed to hint at it much. They technically can't even say "Gotham" or "Metropolis"
Wayne Tech reference in Flash
Dark Knights & Men of Steel line from LoT
Harley already in Waller's custody.

Yep. That episode in S1 (I think?) of Arrow when Walter got kidnapped took place in Bludhaven too. It's all but assumed that Batman exists, they just can't mention it.

Magwik

Banned
Exactly. They're already there. Or will be. Hell Vandal Savage had a chunk of kryptonite in his collection.

It's happening!!!

A green rock in a yet to be aired episode means nothing. The stuff you guys take as confirmation for Batman and Superman is nothing more than the writers breaking the 4th wall and having some fun, giving the viewers a *wink wink nudge nudge*
Batman, Superman, and the bunch do not exist in the Arrowverse

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling

After the last week's Arrow, I'm thinking Batman exists in the Arrowverse.
Ollie says something like "I was going to name you Oracle, but that's already taken."
It's probably just a one off reference, and not anything to be taken seriously, but it got me wondering.

Interesting that it's the season 1 finale of Supergirl too, should be a good one. I expected this to happen somewhere in the second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom