• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl/Flash crossover episode to air in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted for potential spoilers

Really...
Justin-Timberlake-Blank-Stare.gif

Really happy they came to their senses on this. They were so adamantly against it before Supergirl debuted. Guess I have to catch up on Supergirl now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
didnt they specifically said this wouldnt cross over with the CWverse? Happy they changed their minds

Seriously need a 4 part crossover next year
Make it happen

Monday Supergirl Part 1
Tuesday The Flash Part 2
Wednesday Arrow Part 3
Legends Part 4

I repeat make it happens because crossovers are awesome

Is only Barry coming to central city anyone else?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
didnt they specifically said this wouldnt cross over with the CWverse? Happy they changed their minds

technically it's the flash crossing into the Supergirl verse...

fuck does this mean I need to watch supergirl?

i know. i'm trying to mental gymnastics my way out of it, but i might have to.

Can we call this Flashverse? Arrow took a backseat to Flash after season 3.

i was the biggest S3 hater out there but it is the Arrowverse for all times

no way around it now

lol @ using the flash to prop up this show

well, i guess that's one way to try and get attention after the first few episodes drove off so many people (critically speaking obvs)

Blader

Make it happen

Monday Supergirl Part 1
Tuesday The Flash Part 2
Wednesday Arrow Part 3
Legends Part 4

I don't think that's feasible, especially the Supergirl part. Just doing Arrow/Flash crossovers is really logistically difficult, throwing Legends into the mix exacerbates it more -- and those all shoot in the same place! Supergirl is shot way off in LA.

BFIB

Make it happen

Monday Supergirl Part 1
Tuesday The Flash Part 2
Wednesday Arrow Part 3
Legends Part 4

Oh man, create a storyline where Macho Man Vandal Savage gets jealous eyes towards Supergirl.

bryanee

I wish I could get into Supergirl more. Its not clicking for me even though at times its glorious especially with the
Martian Manhunter
stuff.

Looking forward to this.

LiK

If you like Flash, I would wager you would like Supergirl. Flash and Supergirl are way more similar shows than Flash and Arrow.

Alright, the ads looked so cheesy. I'll watch for the actress. She's so damn cute.

A while? It's there for a brief moment or two in the following episode, but it hasn't registered for me since then.

They also had to drop the "BUT SHE'S NOT SUPERMAN" argument, which I'd lump in that same area.

Episode 1 and 2 are Cat speeches. Episode 3 is all about the Superman comparison. Episode 5 (the original episode 4) hammers home another Cat speech. Episode 6 was the Red Tornado episode, which carried its own issues.

Episode 7 is probably when the show started to hit its stride. The dialog is a bit less on the nose and the messages are subtler. And of course the end of that episode. Episode 9 is when they finally find the sweet spot for Cat's character.

Overall, the biggest issue currently is that I don't buy Astra as their big bad yet. She's Superman level, but evil and they're not really adept at selling that yet.

Penguin

It is cheesy, but it is also fun.

And Cat continues to be the best character on the show.

It's funny how the adult actors get to anchor the show

Diggle is one of the best characters on Arrow
Joe West is the best on The Flash
Cat and Hank really anchor Supergirl

AGITΩ

They also had to drop the "BUT SHE'S NOT SUPERMAN" argument, which I'd lump in that same area.

Episode 1 and 2 are Cat speeches. Episode 3 is all about the Superman comparison. Episode 5 (the original episode 4) hammers home another Cat speech. Episode 6 was the Red Tornado episode, which carried its own issues.

Episode 7 is probably when the show started to hit its stride. The dialog is a bit less on the nose and the messages are subtler. And of course the end of that episode. Episode 9 is when they finally find the sweet spot for Cat's character.

Overall, the biggest issue currently is that I don't buy Astra as their big bad yet. She's Superman level, but evil and they're not really adept at selling that yet.
welp...sounds like I've got a few hours to muscle through before it gets good then...I should do a drinking game for those episodes then...I might not make it to the crossover.

AlStrong

It's funny how the adult actors get to anchor the show

Diggle is one of the best characters on Arrow
Joe West is the best on The Flash
Cat and Hank really anchor Supergirl

Maybe the writers are more in touch with adults?

Also: Lionel/Swann/Martha on Smallville. :V

anaron

lol @ using the flash to prop up this show

well, i guess that's one way to try and get attention after the first few episodes drove off so many people (critically speaking obvs)
oh please. there's been talks of a crossover since Supergirl was ordered to series

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Cat grant is the best thing about supergirl

She such s fun character
I like how she just name drops random famous people and interactions she has had with them in the past. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop when she finally admits she was just bullshitting. She's a terrific character and actually reminds me of my own boss in so many ways.

I hope it's an alternate universe thing, because I don't want Supergirl fucking up the Arrow/Flash/LoT timeline.

Also, is Supergirl worth watching? I saw the pilot and thought it was kinda shit.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I hope it's an alternate universe thing, because I don't want Supergirl fucking up the Arrow/Flash/LoT timeline.

Also, is Supergirl worth watching? I saw the pilot and thought it was kinda shit.
It gets better, if you still hate it after episode 7 then it's not for you.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
That's some cringey Smallville shit right there.

"I met a billionaire with high-tech toys and a wondrous woman who will throw you for a loop!"

Chloe, for god's sake...you met Batman and Wonder Woman, didn't you? Just come out and say it!

whatever happened to chole, i miss that actress. I wish she would appear on some cw show.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Supergirl definitely needs something. If it weren't for the MM reveal, I think I might have lost interest by now. They just don't seem to have the budget to tackle kryptonian scale action scenes consistently well, even lagging Flash in some ways. Last ep in particular was laughably bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom