• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsojo

Does PS Vue have CBS/CW at all in any territory? If it was included in the package in the Seattle area, I would've dumped Comcast and gone with it already.

Not that I know of and it drives me crazy. I dumped my cable though because it was so much cheaper to go with Vue and I couldn't justify spending so much a month just for the CW. Especially when I can just watch it for free about 5-6 hours after it airs.

Can't believe she's the same girl from "Not Another Teen Movie"... Almost did a spit take when I found that out.

latest

She was great on Grey's Anatomy

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Took me almost entire episode before I remembered where the LL actress is from. Merlin.

Ah, makes sense. I didn't catch that, but I knew she was foreign. Her accent was slipping all over the place

ZeroX03

Banned
People just realizing who Chyler Leigh is?

She's been acting since she was pretty young, and is playing a few years younger in Supergirl to boot.

TI82

Banned
Am I crazy or was this like really bad? Other than Superman this was just awful, even the CGI was like...wow.

Big fan of the other 3 DC shows but this is not on my weekly list now... Bleh

Am I crazy or was this like really bad? Other than Superman this was just awful, even the CGI was like...wow.

Big fan of the other 3 DC shows but this is not on my weekly list now... Bleh

People need to get over bad CG, its the CW and at least we actually get decent action in it in some form.
We wouldn't have Flash or Supergirl without terrible CG.

TI82

Banned
People need to get over bad CG, its the CW and at least we actually get decent action in it in some form.
We wouldn't have Flash or Supergirl without terrible CG.

Flash has good CG though. I've never been like "ugh" like during that rocket sequence. Anyways I'm going to give it another chance since metallo is interesting but color me unimpressed. This is also the second episode I've seen (first was the flash crossover) so I dunno, me and my roommates were not feeling it whatsoever. That Superman is great though.

Troll poster brah, don't get baited.

Only respond to posts from serious posters, like myself.
Not trolling but k

Troll poster brah, don't get baited.

Only respond to posts from serious posters, like myself.

I mean its a valid issue however I see it as a fair trade.
Like the Arrow premiere that CG looked goofy as hell but seeing Oliver fall out of a helicopter and shoot up a parachute arrow was just so damn comic book/cartoony.
It was great.

TI82

Banned
I mean its a valid issue however I see it as a fair trade.
Like the Arrow premiere that CG looked goofy as hell but seeing Oliver fall out of a helicopter and shoot up a parachute arrow was just so damn comic book/cartoony.
It was great.

Yeah Arrow had bizarre budget issues, like that beyond awful statue like... How does that make it on TV lmao

Sober

Honestly I can't believe Chyler Leigh doesn't have second billing. No offense to Mechad Brooks but damn they really iced him out in this episode and I never understood why he was billed second anyway, when the Danvers sister dynamic is waaaay more interesting than Jimmy. Dunno where they want to take Jimmy this season either, except mopey and friendzoned.

Honestly I can't believe Chyler Leigh doesn't have second billing. No offense to Mechad Brooks but damn they really iced him out in this episode and I never understood why he was billed second anyway, when the Danvers sister dynamic is waaaay more interesting than Jimmy. Dunno where they want to take Jimmy this season either, except mopey and friendzoned.

I assume he factors into the reporter side of things as a photojournalist, but that seems to be a step down from art director.

Sober

I assume he factors into the reporter side of things as a photojournalist, but that seems to be a step down from art director.
Of course now I am reminded they did put Jimmy to decent/good use in the latter half of last season where he is the guy doing the investigating in some instances. But when it comes down to it - at least for me - when the action starts up, he's not really gonna be there.

But I dunno if any of it is related to the feeling I have where Benoist and Brooks really have any decent chemistry.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did they just say fuck it and decided to make Superman a part of the show? Considering how far they went to avoid him last season, it was hilarious. It was like they were making up for all the times he could have shown up but didn't.

TI82

Banned
Did they just say fuck it and decided to make Superman a part of the show? Considering how far they went to avoid him last season, it was hilarious. It was like they were making up for all the times he could have shown up but didn't.

I'm not surprised if they rush a show for him given the reception.

Of course now I am reminded they did put Jimmy to decent/good use in the latter half of last season where he is the guy doing the investigating in some instances. But when it comes down to it - at least for me - when the action starts up, he's not really gonna be there.

But I dunno if any of it is related to the feeling I have where Benoist and Brooks really have any decent chemistry.

I mean, it's a CW show. They're not going to be together even if that was their original plan.

This way, you punt that idea a few seasons down, you throw some love interests at both of them. If some of them stick, great. If not, they're guest stars. Rinse and repeat. See: Mon-El, Miss Martian.

Otherwise, you have what haunts every CW show: They love each other, but, drama, feelings, drama, misunderstandings, drama, feelings, third wheels, drama, they're together, oops they're not, drama, they're together, conflict, show ends with them together.

I mean, it's a CW show. They're not going to be together even if that was their original plan.

This way, you punt that idea a few seasons down, you throw some love interests at both of them. If some of them stick, great. If not, they're guest stars. Rinse and repeat. See: Mon-El, Miss Martian.

Otherwise, you have what haunts every CW show: They love each other, but, drama, feelings, drama, misunderstandings, drama, feelings, third wheels, drama, they're together, oops they're not, drama, they're together, conflict, show ends with them together.

Is it sad the the one character I like having relationship choices/drama/triangles doesn't have a show on CW?
Batman is the CW's dream(Nightwing is as well for that matter.)
Catwoman
Talia
Vicki
Zatanna
Andrea
Silver
Wonder Woman
Lois

They all work well.

jdstorm

Banned

Theres nothing inherently wrong with a well made love triangle. The CW just fails in the execution more often then not

Theres nothing inherently wrong with a well made love triangle. The CW just fails in the execution more often then not

Problem for me is 3 "CW" shows have a OTP and the writers try to bounce around it like crazy and it ends up hurting the show.(Lana on Smallville, Felicity on Arrow )

Really enjoyed this episode. Also this is the first Superman I've had a genuinely good response to. I hate the character though, so we'll see. If they're gonna have him in the show this is better than texting at least.

Sölf

An ok episode. I liked it more than the S1 start, but it wasn't as good as some other S1 episodes.

Do we know when Supergirl will become an official Arrowverse part? As in, when the other characters start appearing?

jdstorm

Banned
Problem for me is 3 "CW" shows have a OTP and the writers try to bounce around it like crazy and it ends up hurting the show.(Lana on Smallville, Felicity on Arrow )

Not to be that guy. But it bothers me how much the internet hates the character of felicity. When Arrows writing has always been terrible. Season 1 Laurel was terrible when she was the female lead. Ironically they somehow lucked into a pairing that worked and then started to screw with it for no reason. Particuly in season 3 when they introduced Daniel Shaw* to screw up what was working for cheep drama. However at that point the overall writing was in the toilet and the love intrest melodrama was what most watchers latched on to as the reason the show sucked. When it was a minor reason.

Yet in Jane the Virgin another modern era CW show its built around a love triangle and it works perfectly. Same for crazy ex girlfriend.

Joni

Not to be that guy. But it bothers me how much the internet hates the character of felicity. When Arrows writing has always been terrible. Season 1 Laurel was terrible when she was the female lead. Ironically they somehow lucked into a pairing that worked and then started to screw with it for no reason. Particuly in season 3 when they introduced Daniel Shaw* to screw up what was working for cheep drama. However at that point the overall writing was in the toilet and the love intrest melodrama was what most watchers latched on to as the reason the show sucked. When it was a minor reason.

Yet in Jane the Virgin another modern era CW show its built around a love triangle and it works perfectly. Same for crazy ex girlfriend.

Different television studios. And mostly important to remark: those shows with working love triangle aren't reaching viewers.

Neither CEG or JTV particularly cater to shippers even with their triangles or at least have a character they can project themselves onto like Felicity also Crazy Ex-Girlfriend probably hits a little too close to home for some of them. They also have much better writing.

Great episode, with one little caveat. The whole Jimmy thing. I didn't quite get what was happening. Was this regular CW drama or did they actually axe the relationship. It felt too tame for regular drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom