• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C- Warrior said:
A blog update yesterday.

Tomorrow, they are going to reveal a new character on the game's official website.
... I'm sorry, but are you saying a new character will be revealed today or tomorrow? I can't tell if the tomorrow comment is in reference to the update or your post...

Well, the website is updated (in japan) friday morning / noon time. So look for it late evening on Thursday if you live in the states.

Also, they will start to show new stuff come this friday, and every friday after that.

So, sick and tired of seeing/watching/reading the same shit over and over and over since TGS 2006, yeah -- that'll change. (about ****in' time)

New DMC4 characters revealed!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/main.html

Credo

credo_ss01.jpg

credo_ss02.jpg

Agnus

agnus_ss01.jpg

agnus_ss02.jpg

Gloria

gloria_ss01.jpg

gloria_ss02.jpg

Diary updated as well :lol

g01.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/diary/070720/diary.html

karasu said:
Ugh! Those characters look like leftovers from Shadow Hearts.
Yeah, no, Shadow Hearts actually has good character design, so that couldn't be possible...

Just terrible characters though, especially that angus guy...

EDIT:: Please improve the skin shaders capcom... half naked cupi dolls are a team ninja trade mark not Capcom's...

DarknessTear said:
Wow, more human-looking characters than one or two. That's a bit new for the series.

We're already passed three as well as far as human characters.

Dante
Nero
Credo
Agnus
Gloria
Kyrie
[returning dmc female]
and whatever else they have left.

There is something wrong with the guy doing the character designs. He's great -- god knows he's done an amazing job on Breath of Fire III and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, but 'normal' looking characters don't fit in DMC. And normal is a bit of stretch, but Credo, Agnus, look relatively normal compared to the things you see normally in DMC -- like, clowns with different eye colors, twin brothers with a katana fetish, a check with scars all over and a ammo belt that looks like a school girl-skirt.

gloria_ss01.jpg

...Team Ninja called...they want their characters back. :lol

Has Lady been shown and/or confirmed to be in the game? I kinda assume she would seeing as how shes in some of the artwork. It wouldn't be such a big deal but she was a good add-on to DMC3, and shes pretty hot...I'll never get layed am confirmed.

Edit: That white haired, black chick is...well shes interesting. She is black right?

KachoMakura said:
I've never played a DMC so maybe I can't relate, but those characters look pretty damn good to me.

Well for comparisons sake take a scroll through this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_in_Devil_May_Cry

MercuryLS said:
These new characters look like they came straight out of a Ninja Gaiden game.

They're nowhere near that bad.

Then again if in the next character update they have a bald guy in a trenchcoat and a muscle-bound ninja with silver hair then okay you got me.

The heck? Arkham was played by Adam Clark, who was also the grocery store manager psychopath in Dead Rising. Learn something useless everyday.

OK, so Yoshikawa IS still involved with the designs. I was starting to wonder, because the character art on the site doesn't look like his style at all...

If you look at the actual website, it has 4 listings with Nero, and 4 listings with Dante (but blank, not revealed yet) That is by far, a lot of characters in a DMC game.

dante_ss01.jpg

credo_ss02.jpg

kyrie_ss01.jpg

agnus_ss01.jpg

nero_ss01.jpg

gloria_ss01.jpg

Mefisutoferesu said:
OK, so Yoshikawa IS still involved with the designs. I was starting to wonder, because the character art on the site doesn't look like his style at all...

Yeah, Yoshikawa is the art designer and lead artist on DMC4, and he's a god. But aside from a few designs (Kyrie and Dante are ace) this literally looks like the Team Ninja art designer got a handle on things. Big titties, chin hair-beards, big chin big nose one eye-glass dude.

Yoshikawa was god among gods, but this is slight dissapointing.

I do want the Shinobi art-designer dude to come back :(

011.jpg

Wow bunch of cry babies in the last few replies. I also laugh at the Team NInja hate in the last few replies saying Ninja Gaiden had bad character design. I bet 99% of those saying something has a bad design can't even do anything remotely better than what is posted here. Anyway I think the new characters look pretty good. The second guy shown (with the wide jaws) looks a bit like one of the guys from Lost Planet. I don't remember his name though.

It also looks like Gloria is the one holding the blade they showed a few week back. I was hoping it was Lucia cause I really liked her.

Surreal

I'm worried DMC4 will lose the DMC feel, these characters are kind of different when put next to Dante, Vergil, Trish, and Lady. Hopefully Capcom pulls through, this is one of my favorite franchises.

Lightning

Banned
:lol

I have had issues with DMC4 for a while and those character screens just promote the problem. This game does not look like the stellar hit many think it will be. Those character designs absolutely suck, there is no other way to describe them.

I doubt I'm going to be caring about the character designs when I'm ****ing bitches up. The DMC story, while cool, has never really did much for me in terms of characters and stuff, as long as the gameplay is just as awesome as usual the main villain could be a goddamn poptart.

Okay not really but still.

Lightning said:
I have had issues with DMC4 for a while and those character screens just promote the problem. This game does not look like the stellar hit many think it will be. Those character designs absolutely suck, there is no other way to describe them.

Don't be stupid sweetheart, despite our posts, we really actually don't give two shits about the character designs of peripherial characters... the combat, the bosses, the challenge, the 60 fps, is all that matters.

Dave1988

C- Warrior said:
Don't be stupid sweetheart, despite our posts, we really actually don't give two shits about the character designs of peripherial characters... the combat, the bosses, the challenge, the 60 fps, is all that matters.

Any you think those loons will be regular enemies?

Dave1988 said:
Any you think those loons will be regular enemies?
2ndary plot pushing characters... like say morons that Nero get's his orders from. Doesn't change the fact they give me a terrible feeling about the direction the game is going, but I'm obviously a pessimist.

hehe, some of those designs do look like they came from shadow hears...at least the female is pleasing enough....the other two....well, lets just say Ill enjoy beating them to eject them from the story:lol

dralla

It looks too easy every time I see it. It will be reviewed well but most DMC fans will go back to 1 or 3. this will be the worst DMC after 2, i'll bet my life on it.

flock off feather face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom