• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supporters, protesters clash at Berkeley Trump rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
z0hpWD6.png

Amir0x

Banned
how come these people who are just so in love with free speech and I swear that's all this is only show up to complain about nazis getting punched (and not actually, y'know, having their free speech legally violated)

It's the way they can push their ideology without it automatically being shut down in conversation for being grotesque people.

If they say it's about "free speech", they can divert from the fact that it is Nazi's and White Supremacists marching about being able to freely speak their thoughts of genocide.

Because they were? That was the point of the event. You don't have to agree with people's political views to understand this.

I'm sure people will keep this in mind when they are getting the shit kicked out of them by a Neo-Nazi. If only they had accepted his freedom of speech this wouldn't have happened!!!

necrosis

Shai-Tan

Banned
seems like a lot of people came out to fight like football hooligans or when people in high schools would come to fight each other for reasons that made no sense that you look back on and can't even comprehend

also I listened to Lauren Southern on The Rubin Report and as far as I can tell she is a complete moron and I don't say that as someone opposed to conservative points of view. I'm willing to listen if it's thoughtful. she's an idiot inciter, what even people on the more rational side of the "alt right" like Spiked call a wind up merchant

Nepenthe

Talking doesn't solve anything, only violence!!!

I'm sure you've done your part talking to these people.

Surely you've changed a white supremacist's mind through nothing but rational discourse.

Surely you know the secret to fixing racism.

Surely you aren't just here to low-key shit on people affected by white supremacy since you've proven time and time again you don't see the big deal.

Slayven

Surely you've changed a white supremacist's mind through nothing but rational discourse.

Surely you aren't just here to low-key shit on people affected by white supremacy since you've proven time and time again you don't see the big deal.

Or put in more work defending nazis then calling them out.

Because they were? That was the point of the event. You don't have to agree with people's political views to understand this.

There is nothing political about white supremacy and minority genocide. That's not about fucking taxes or roads or schools. It's about culling entire races specifically because they believe white peoples are genetically superior to any other race. It is violence, rape and destruction incarnate. It is the worst ideals humanity has to offer. Stop calling this shit a political view and stop casting the people who vehemently and violently disagree with it as the villains in the bullshit story you tell yourself.

Nice to know you're apathetic to racism being flung around. It's an amazing look.

I am actually happy people like him get upset when nazis get punched. Its a win-win for me.

Punch and kick fucking nazis to the curb so they never ever rise again and always have to be scared to say their "opinion" out loud.

If this also upsets the "both sides" crowd that has to defend alt-right scum, great!

Surely I have. Surely I will continue to. Surely I do see the big deal, and it isn't solved with, but rather exacerbated by violence.

For those that don't know, for a full month prior to this event the alt-right have been pushing this event as a way to get revenge on what happened to Milo.

They were told how to sneak in weapons, to get aggressive and to use physical violence, and were rallied to make a dent for "white America".

Now you know the stakes. Sometimes extremism is warranted. Fight back where you can. Protest at every opportunity you have. Don't let these fuckers have a venue if you can prevent it.

They were also told to dress up as Antifa and blame the whole thing on them too.

so which side actually incited the violence? I'm all for peaceful protesting, but I don't think inciting violence is a good means of gaining support or helping your cause. It's a different matter if you're defending yourself when the other side incites violence, but being the side to start the fighting is never a good look imo

MrHoot

I never thought I'd see the day where it's more important for a lot of americans to defend Nazi speech above all else

The police reaction here is disgusting. You guys have one fucking job.

Talking to someone isn't meeting them in the middle. It is the means by which you introduce new information and criticism which they can use to reevaluate their position.

What good is starting a conversation when one side refuses to listen?

Slayven

I never thought I'd see the day where it's more important for a lot of americans to defend Nazi speech above all else
Cause either they half way believe in it, or they don't want to call out friends and family that do
Talking to someone isn't meeting them in the middle. It is the means by which you introduce new information and criticism which they can use to reevaluate their position.

Black Genocide, how do you debate against the slaughter of black people for no reason other than they are black?

theWB27

I am actually happy people like him get upset when nazis get punched. Its a win-win for me.

Punch and kick fucking nazis to the curb so they never ever rise again and always have to be scared to say their "opinion" out loud.

If this also upsets the "both sides" crowd that has to defend alt-right scum, great!

The both sides crowd don't think racism is a big deal. Point blank. They don't give a shit what it's meant throughout history and don't give a shit how it still affects people today.

You don't sound smart or educated preaching everyone's view should be heard.

Temascos

Neo Member
Too many fascists out there, really disturbing to see this happen in the USA. It's happening worldwide as well and they are winning hand over fist, and they will want more violence before it's over. If Trump goes ahead with invading another country expect riots and deaths.

Stay safe out there guys.

Azuran

Banned
That guy with the beer belly, American flag shorts, and whatever that white stuff is on his face is the perfect representation of America right now.

Shai-Tan

Banned
It's because they agree with one side much more than the other.

or they knew idiots came to fight so it's basically mutual combat. they are disturbing the peace and whatever but if they didn't choose to enforce that it's up to them

Receipts on this.

And name ten major social issues of the day solved entirely non-violently.
Please explain to me how violence in this situation does anything besides reinforce negative opinions?
Violence can be helpful at times to earn legal rights, but I'm not convinced any major social issue has actually been resolved through violence. White supremacists are not going to hate black people or other minorities less because you beat the shit out of them. It can occassionally alleviate short term symptoms, but it can never solve the underlying problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom