• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supposed new images of Skull and Bones leak; Game is in danger of being canceled

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to a new leak, new screenshots of a current version of Skull and Bones that have been shared across the internet. Apparently we had a closed test recently. The person responsible for leaking the images also claims that after several postponements, the situation about the game is not at all positive and Skull and Bones may not be released this year and with each passing month the cancellation seems more likely.

090553.jpg

090554.jpg

090555.jpg

This has been in development for nearly a decade it seems. I remember when it was first announced prior to Sea of Thieves and speculating which one would take the booty.

MiguelItUp

Can't say I'm surprised. I know the feedback from someone that played one of the semi recent test had nothing positive to say. I feel bad for any and everyone on this project. It's a sinking ship, yet they keep on truckin'.

brian0057

Banned
The game can't die because the Singaporean government is financially invested in it and they will break the kneecaps of every Ubisoft employee if they fail to deliver.

A tragic project for everyone, on all levels, involved, and nobody has the balls to take the responsibility to cancel the project cause S'porean gov.

Shakka43

They could just release it as a free to play game with some cosmetic micro transactions, pretend they are gonna support it further and then release a heart felt note a couple of months later on how they need to shut down the servers due to lack of player engagement.

looks like ass creed blackflag
I fucking wish that's what it was. Just multiplayer. This game has a very high chance of being cancelled. It's been in development for like 6 or 7 years at this point and has nothing to do with what people were asking for. You can't walk on your ship's deck, you can't swim, you can't sword fight, you can't shoot flintlocks, there are loading screens from boat to land. It looks like shit.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

"Leaks"

Hasn't everyone already played this. There's been like 100 playtests and the latest allowed friend invites

zomboden

Banned
Change it into a free to play game and at least make some money out of it while you continue development.

If you release a steaming pile of crap for $70 and include microtransactions the game will be a graveyard.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Doesn't look like that much of a deal. Pretty sure people don't even remember much about this game either...I almost forgot this existed.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
Ok, so this will be the new game to be hated just because it is fun. Tbh, it doesn’t look half as bad as people make it to be but I do agreed that the timing is a bit off, took too long to be released.

mdkirby

This whole saga is both sad and hilarious in equal measure. It kinda serves them right in a way. All people wanted, and all they needed to make was a blag flag 2 game with a great pirate story. Instead they decided to make a multiplayer only GAAS pile of crap, and went about it in such a way they legally can't cancel it. So its a decade of hell for what will inevitably be absolute garbage.

Top Bottom