• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 28: Cagayan |OT| Colby votes out Keith again

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

Is there any confirmation on the new HII rule?

Anyway, season premiere is this wednesday but it seem like there is no hype. Guys, all new players, NEW PLAYERS. Also, posting the glorious logo again (it should be on every page)

Survivor28logo.jpg

Pics from the season premiere Eye candy factor high, spoiler factor low.

Reflection from the pics.
It looks like they arrive to the location already classified. I was hoping they were all together and then divided into the tribes so we could see the reactions of them being "tagged"

llehuty

What HII rule?

Remember the really dumb idol rules from Panama and Cook Islands, where you could play it after the votes got read? Well Tyler Perry texted Jeff that they should bring those back, so once they get to the merge there's going to be a shitty overpowered idol in addition to the three they'll have pre-merge. So I guess don't expect to see any of the actual storylines and character development from last season that came (at least partially) from the idols being a nonfactor for so long. I guess they're trying to reward the players for making merge, or something? Why not just ditch idols pre-merge so the shitty players can't rely on them, then introduce one normal one at the merge (like in Guatemala, but with updated idol rules). I guess then you can't have dumb tribals where a million idols get played at once.

I think Jeff is actually trying to kill the show.

:(

Balehead

I really hope it's found by who Jeff thinks of as a useless female player, allowing her to glide right through the game to the final 3.

man, I hadn't been paying attention or caring too much about the rumors of the twists

and then I listen to the Corinne RHAP episode and they confirmed it

they aren't as bad as last season's gimmicks and twists imo but I mean

this show

Wait, they're not also doing another redemption island this season, are they? Hopefully last season made them realize that it only works in very specific circumstances, and they don't try and shoehorn it into this season as well.

flyover

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?
"A razor because hairy legs are not cute, a camera to document my adventure, and my iPhone so I can Instagram and Facebook when I am bored."

Yes. If only your time on the island could be documented with a camera...

llehuty

Wait, they're not also doing another redemption island this season, are they? Hopefully last season made them realize that it only works in very specific circumstances, and they don't try and shoehorn it into this season as well.

No RI this season. They are going to keep it for BvW seasons though.

"A razor because hairy legs are not cute, a camera to document my adventure, and my iPhone so I can Instagram and Facebook when I am bored."

Not to mention that she also would take her iPhone. *facepalm*

Also, I feel like a razor will be covered by CBS. They probably don't think hairy legs are good for ratings.

Camwi

I'm liking the racial diversity of this cast.
At a glance, Team Beauty seems set up to fail but we'll see how this plays out in the season itself.
Small tribes make for some compelling do-or-die social dynamics right out of the gate.

Examiner.com's UPDATED Top 10 Survivor Winners of All-Time List

10. Tyson Apostol
9. Yul Kwon
8. Parvati Shallow
Kim Spradlin
Tom Westman
Richard Hatch
Brian Heidik
John Cochran aka 'Gumby'
Boston Rob Mariano
Sandra Diaz-Twine

Incidentally, I think this is a decent list but would have put Denise Stapley into this group ahead of Tyson.

Boston Rob barely even deserves to be in the top 10. Even I could've won if I was on a team that worshipped me.

No RI this season. They are going to keep it for BvW seasons though.

RI in BvW is fine. It could be better, obviously (i.e. ending it at the merge), but if they just use it when there's some connection between the two tribes, last season showed it's not completely worthless.

Also, I feel like a razor will be covered by CBS. They probably don't think hairy legs are good for ratings.

What are the three things they get again? I feel like razors are one of them, along with condoms and...something else. You very rarely see hairy armpits or legs on there, and they usually spend at least part of one episode every season zooming in on everyone's legs as they complain about bug bites, so clearly they're given the tools to shave.

llehuty

Survivor - Inside look A bit spoilery with things that probably aren't from the first two episodes.

It looks like they didn't tell them that they are divided according to Brains, brawn and beauty. Could be interesting to see if they can figure it out.

789shadow

Banned
Throwing out a wild guess that the Brawn tribe will lose because irony and vote out Trish, their oldest/weakest member.

kirblar

Throwing out a wild guess that the Brawn tribe will lose because irony and vote out Trish, their oldest/weakest member.
Ironically, being on the brawn tribe probably negates the advantage a lot of their members would normally have re: being kept around for challenge strength.

Ironically, being on the brawn tribe probably negates the advantage a lot of their members would normally have re: being kept around for challenge strength.

I'm most curious as to how the beauty tribe will do. The brawn tribe has strength, and the brains tribe has...you know, but Team Beauty doesn't inherently have either of those things.

I'm most curious as to how the beauty tribe will do. The brawn tribe has strength, and the brains tribe has...you know, but Team Beauty doesn't inherently have either of those things.

She seems kind of ditzy, but Alexis goes to Northwestern. I kind of thought they'd put her on brains just because it could be funny. Aside from Morgan/Brice I think it just seems like a normal tribe.

It probably won't be something to worry about the first three days, but I can see the brawn tribe having trouble. Tony/Cliff are big huge dudes, that's not really a great body type for Survivor a lot of the time. Cliff especially since he's like 6'10. And Tony looks like he's got those gym muscles that end up being useless, that's happened before with guys like Osten.

At least David, as President of the Marlins, has loads of experience dealing with a snake, on the off chance they have to deal with local wildlife.

kirblar

David just killed himself on Day 1. I assumed he picked Garrett because he suspected a twist. Not because he would then admit to playing endgame politics on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom