• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor Palau!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spliced

I thought they were touting this as having this new elements never seen before on Survivor.

They start out with more people but then just get rid of 2 people right away. They were part of one tribe for a few minutes, but then go right back to the normal 2 tribe setup. They were supposed to make it on their own without stuff to help them, well then why did they get machetes and a bag of shoes, then they get a reward right away with fire. And that first challenge was very similar to last seasons first challenge.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I still enjoy Survivor, but I've been complaining for awhile now about how repetitive the show has become. It seems like it's just the same thing over and over. It was really digging what seemed to be a change of pace during the first half of the show... but we're back to the same old format already. =/ They really need to change things up.

Richiban

I think they should release them all on the island at different points and not as a big group.

After they get on the island, they have to make their way to one of two posts where the tribes are formed, and that's the way the tribes are formed. If everyone finds their way to one post, then it'll be one big tribe. If all but one make it to one post, then we've got a 10 on 1.

Of course, it's gotta be fair and all that jazz, but it could at least be interesting for the first few minutes.

There could still be some twists in store for this group of Survivors. At least I hope there are. There are all kinds of different things they could do to keep the show fresh.

jenov4

I was expecting to see something totally different as the all of the previews were hyping it that way. By the end of the episode, it's the same old thing again.

Bring Rupert back!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
jenov4 said:
Bring Rupert back!

Rupert was a loser!

BigJonsson said:
Well it looks like they have supplies scattered in the water and stuff that they can search for

The tribe that won the challenge dropped their box with the flint when they were heading to their new camp. Next episode it seems they go back out looking for it.

I must say though compared to last season this one seems to have alot more likable cast. Very few of them actually got on my nerves. Though its only the first episode so there is plenty of time for that.

Vlad

BigJonsson said:
Well it looks like they have supplies scattered in the water and stuff that they can search for

Are you referring to the scene in the commercial? I think that's just them diving around trying to find the stuff that they lost when their canoe flipped over.

Vlad said:
Are you referring to the scene in the commercial? I think that's just them diving around trying to find the stuff that they lost when their canoe flipped over.

So thats what happened when I went to check on something

Teddman

The only recent season that kept my interest was All-Stars, which turned out to be the best of them all.

I'm already bored of Palau. It's the same old crap. They need to do something new with the dynamics of the game or the setting.

For example, why not start with individual contests first and then group the remaining survivors into teams after 4-8 episodes? It would change the entire way the show works... do it in reverse. The strongest players wouldn't get weeded out so fast. Why haven't they thought of that yet?

Memles

I'm a big fan of when Survivor has GOOD challenges. I am usually able to look past a lack of characters and idiotic twists, and this is no exception. There's some cool people, the twist was kind of neat for all the time it lasted, and the challenge was great.

Sure, it was your standard "Get to the end" challenge, but it had that all important aspect of the supplies. They were key; one team got it right, the other fucked it up royally. That is what I like to see in a Survivor challenge.

In other news, heading off to another beach for the winning team was IDIOTIC. Koron needs to get some common sense; they don't have the same number of alpha males that they had when they build the common shelter. Then, they had like 6, and they're down to like 1 or 2 now. It was a dumb move.

I think it was probably the best premiere since Pearl Islands, which had the BRILLIANT shopping challenge. It was so great. Rupert stealing the shoes before he became annoying, the storekeeper hitting on one of the women...it was great.

It would be better as Survivor Polamalu.

Polamalu.jpg

Drew Brees ain't no Survivor! BAM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom