• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweatpants - Leading Cause of Divorce In America According to Eva Mendes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezuth

Haha, I'm wearing black sweatpants right now on the bus to visit my niece. So comfy! Never gonna give it up. Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all.

Hate seeing them in public like when going to Walmart. You clearly didn't just come from the gym so stop dressing like you do. I especially dislike the ones that don't fit right so you see a slight partial ass crack as well as their love handles hanging out at the sides.

terrisus

^ Pretty much agree with everything here. I started wearing sweatpants all the time about 20 years ago because they feel so much more comfortable and nicer/smoother than jeans. If it wasn't for GAF, I wouldn't have known that wearing sweatpants is apparently frowned upon... Not like anything would change anyway because sweatpants are too comfortable for me to give up. I care more about my comfort than how society views my appearance so unless I find jeans that magically feel better than sweatpants it won't change anytime soon.

And I agree completely with this.

I mean, I wear khakis or dress pants for work when I have to.
But, I'm not going out of my way to wear them otherwise.

And, denim jeans are just about the most uncomfortable clothing ever made.

Zombine

Banned
Sweatpants are a deal breaker now? I love them. Not only does it mean that your SO is comfortable with you, there is nothing hotter than hanging out at home and you catch those curves as they walk around the house in them.

I personally rediscovered sweatpants last year having completely forgotten about them since fifth grade.

And they're awesome. Very convenient. I got tired of having to get my jeans, iron my jeans just to look somewhat presentable when running mundane errands.

andycapps

Sweatpants are a deal breaker now? I love them. Not only does it mean that your SO is comfortable with you, there is nothing hotter than hanging out at home and you catch those curves as they walk around the house in them.

I don't think people are referring to yoga pants in this thread when they talk about sweatpants. We're talking full on 80's style baggy sweatpants.

terrisus

I don't think people are referring to yoga pants in this thread when they talk about sweatpants. We're talking full on 80's style baggy sweatpants.

His post didn't say anything about yoga pants.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've been working at home for 6 years now so my entire wardrobe consists of sweat clothes. I do have 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of dress pants, and a few nice shirts for when I do need to leave the house and look nice though.

This is the stereotypical sweatpants look Eva is talking about.

Here's my girl, Britney, rocking some.

badbrit.jpg

That's not rocking them. That's looking like shit in them.

Sweatpants are lazy pants. No care pants. An indication that you want to live like a slob while wearing them. A prolonged or frequent wearing of them is a sign of laziness.

border

The blogosphere clickbait outrage machine working in overdrive.

I love how every article is like "Haha, we know it's a joke but we're going to treat this like it's some horrible slant against all you poor hardworking moms out there."

Not

Banned
Sweatpants are hot as fuck. And even if they weren't, they'd still be comfortable as fuck. If I can walk around in athletic shorts, my wife can walk around in fucking sweatpants. Fuck.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Sweatpants outside your house unless you're going to or returning from exercising are signs you don't respect yourself anymore.
Truth.

Then again...

The blogosphere clickbait outrage machine working in overdrive.

I love how every article is like "Haha, we know it's a joke but we're going to treat this like it's some horrible slant against all you poor hardworking moms out there."

I (somewhat) work in media. That and "Twitter journalism" (read: embedding a bunch of Twitter quotes and passing them as a news piece) are going to make me do something I'll surely regret.

terrisus

That's not rocking them. That's looking like shit in them.

Sweatpants are lazy pants. No care pants. An indication that you want to live like a slob while wearing them. A prolonged or frequent wearing of them is a sign of laziness.

You can keep saying that all your want, but it's nothing more than a personal opinion/judgment.

Sweatpants are hot as fuck. And even if they weren't, they'd still be comfortable as fuck. If I can walk around in athletic shorts, my wife can walk around in fucking sweatpants. Fuck.

Seriously, I wish my wife wore sweatpants.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
There are worse things that sweatpants, though.

The absolute worst.

My girlfriends wears them around home and I relentlessly give her shit for that.

I don't care how comfy they are, that's the definition of unsightly. Those things are literally offensive to my eyes.

terrisus

The absolute worst.

My girlfriends wears them around home and I relentlessly give her shit for that.

I don't care how comfy they are, that's the definition of unsightly. Those things are literally offensive to my eyes.

Looks fine to me.

The absolute worst.

Those are kind of badass.

OTOH, sweatpants are no good.

johnny956

The absolute worst.

Thank God my wife doesn't wear those. My wife wears actual yoga pants at home. She'll wear the super tight ones from time to time but she likes the normal yoga pants

Meier

Where does this notion that wearing sweatpants outside of the house = giving up on life come from anyway?

Because it projects the image of looking like a schlub. If you're completely uncaring about looking like a schlub, then you've "given up on life." I understand where she's coming from although I don't necessarily agree with it. The Brittany Spears image (literally and figuratively) someone posted is what she's referencing.

feel

Meh they're comfy, let your loved ones be comfy in the privacy of their own homes.

And when they are are kinda tight around your girl's booty and you are presented with that glorious booty giggle as she walks around..

article-1184801-05046f6j8i.jpg

grumble

Sweatpantia: the condition of rocking one's sweatpants, of being comfortable, of accepting there are bigger worries in life. Characterized by the manifestation of attitudes along the what-me-worry / straight-up-rebellion spectrum. Prognosis - who gives a shit.

Yeah who cares about looking good! I should drop showering and shaving and wearing fresh unwrinkled clothes too, it's overrated.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've worn sweatpants nearly every day for the last 2-3 years. That includes working in an office.

Ah, "respect yourself", the go-to call of judgmental douchebags trying to pass themselves off as not being judgmental douchebags. It's just because they care!

terrisus

Yeah who cares about looking good! I should drop showering and shaving and wearing fresh unwrinkled clothes too, it's overrated.

Yeah who cares about being comfortable! I should wrap myself in tin foil and Saran wrap to preserve an appropriate figure throughout the day, being comfortable is overrated.

xenist

Wearing sweatpants means I don't respect myself? Explain how that works please.

You make the same effort to make yourself presentable for other people as you do for watching TV alone. That means you either:

a) Are too busy to spend ten seconds to put on proper pants. I find this unlikely.
b) Are too lazy to spend ten seconds to put on proper pants. I find this unlikely.
c) Don't care at all about the image you present to the world. So you're either a self actualized ubermensch or you have given up on yourself.

terrisus

You make the same effort to make yourself presentable for other people as you do for watching TV alone. That means you either:

a) Are too busy to spend ten seconds to put on proper pants. I find this unlikely.
b) Are too lazy to spend ten seconds to put on proper pants. I find this unlikely.
c) Don't care at all about the image you present to the world. So you're either a self actualized ubermensch or you have given up on yourself.

d) You care about being comfortable. Meaning you're actually more concerned about yourself, rather than what other people think of you.

xMaxie77

Neo Member
fc000983e35816dadc34b7dab6b960853f189dc31a5aa10d537724c7ad94a1d9.jpg

Are you saying Drake lied this whole time?

Wearing sweatpants means I don't respect myself? Explain how that works please.

I'm with you on this one Kyoufu. As someone who works in a corporate setting 9-5, 5 days a week, hitting the gym and trying to take care of myself as best as I can, wearing sweats on my downtime is as respectable as it gets!

Not

Banned
Why are people fighting?

Is it because for some infuriating reason looking nice and being comfortable are mutually exclusive in our society?

Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom