• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swedish retailer lists Demon's Souls 2 and Evolve(?) for PS4

Kyon

Banned
It's not like they would release it at the same time guys if From is doing it lol

Also Demons is better so I welcome this. Also it would be next gen *.*

Siegmeyer

Famousmortimer said From are working on a "spiritual successor" to Demon Souls. I don't think we'll see it titled 'Demon Souls 2'.

Is this not how Dark Souls was described everywhere prior to release?

I REALLY want this to be true, but like others, I just can't see FROM making both games at the same time. Yes there are differences, but the core gameplay is pretty much identical between Dark and Demon's. Perhaps if Demon's 2 is Vita only?

It does beg the question what MIyazaki is working on though.

Yes, they should make it exclusive for PC, then...

On topic: Dead Rising is from Capcom, right? It will be on PS4 on day... And on iOS, Oyua and Smart TVs.

About Demon Souls 2, that is a niche system seller right there. But, yeah... Massive grain of salt and stuff. Specially when FROM is probably busy with Dark Souls 2.

Edit: Apparently Microsoft is publishing Dead Rising 3, so...

I'd love to see Sony snatch up Miyazaki, since Namco seems to have screwed him over with Dark Souls 2(well...I don't exactly know what happened there). Make the true successor to Dark Souls.

Westlo

Im not a fan of the series so I honestly have no opinion, but would you guys really want another game in the series that would more than likely not be made by FROM?

I was under the impression that Demon's Souls 2 came out 2 years ago

Fine, we want Demon's Souls "4" on next gen systems made by Miyazaki sometime in 2015.

BHK3

Banned
Sony do own the demons souls name and I remember reading a interview years ago that a new demons souls could come again some day since it's separate from dark souls. Also haven't retailers been consistent in terms of leaks? Seems like whenever I read one it comes true.

Uhm... didn't Namco kinda screw Sony over first by doing the Dark Souls thing. So how exactly is Sony being the bad guy here? That said I totally see a PS4 Demons Souls game happening. The big question is tho if FS is making it.

No, Sony screwed FROM by not publishing the game in the west and just leaving the game to die.

Yes, they should make it exclusive for PC, then...

On topic: Dead Rising is from Capcom, right? It will be on PS4 on day... And on iOS, Oyua and Smart TVs.

About Demon Souls 2, that is a niche system seller right there. But, yeah... Massive grain of salt and stuff. Specially when FROM is probably busy with Dark Souls 2.

Edit: Apparently Microsoft is publishing Dead Rising 3, so...

Luckily, Sony owns the Demons Souls I.P then ;)
And, Lets not forget, Microsoft published Mass Effect 1 also ;)
EDIT: Didnt Shu Yoshida confirm a few days ago that he wouldnt rule out seeing Demons Souls 2? and that him and the president of From are good friends from way back?

Source:
www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/4424550/demons-souls-2-shuhei-yoshida-e3

Luckily, Sony owns the Demons Souls I.P then ;)
And, Lets not forget, Microsoft published Mass Effect 1 also ;)
EDIT: Didnt Shu Yoshida confirm a few days ago that he wouldnt rule out seeing Demons Souls 2? and that him and the president of From are good friends from way back?

MS never owned the ip though, plus the bioware buyout was outta there hands

Stillmatic

Verendus, Cannata and now this, this is happening right? Oh ma gaaw, next gen Souls series, I can almost taste it.

Kyon

Banned
Dark Souls is not Demon Souls 2 to me. Its just a spiritual sequel. World Tendency make a comeback plz and HUB *.*

popyea

Oh my god-- oversaturation of Souls on gaf and in real life. The hype needs to be metered, give me the second game in a doggy bag.

Swede here, take this shit with a massive grain of salt, CDON had World in Conflict for Xbox 360 in their store for like 2 years after it had been officially canceled. Nothing to see here, move along.

Hah, "Swede here". So? What do you think the rest of us are? I'm Swedish, strafer is Swedish, archnemesis i Swedish -- we're all Swedish. This forum might as well be. We all have experience with CDON.

This could be false and it could be right, but CDON should probably be considered reliable in general.

Glass Rebel

Wasn't Miyazaki being "removed" from Dark Souls II Bamco's call? Or am I misremembering something? It would be weird to have FROM work on both series, especially when Demons is Sony exclusive, but stranger things have happened.

Kyon

Banned
And The Maiden in Black. She slays *.*

omg i always tested my weapons on ha *.*

Wasn't Miyazaki being "removed" from Dark Souls II Bamco's call? Or am I misremembering something? It would be weird to have FROM work on both series, especially when Demons is Sony exclusive, but stranger things have happened.

yeah he's working on a title that we havent heard of yeT

Midas

Swede here, take this shit with a massive grain of salt, CDON had World in Conflict for Xbox 360 in their store for like 2 years after it had been officially canceled. Nothing to see here, move along.

Pretty much. If you look at recent data they seem to be going forward in a Webhallen manner, listing whatever they want.

Glass Rebel

yeah he's working on a title that we havent heard of yeT

Bamco deciding what he does makes me doubt he'd work on Demons Souls 2 (or whatever it's called) though. Unless it's a Bamco, Sony, FROM joint project.

And As I said, I can't see them giving up multiplat development... unless they're already avoiding the XBone. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

Frodo

The site has all of this listed for the wii u:

Beyond Good and Evil 2
Red Steel 3
Super Monkey Ball Cafe
Mii Explore
Zelda HD (Not Wind Waker)
Kirby's Epic Yarn 2
Nintendogs Kennel
Super Mario (Not 3D World)
Trauma Center
Wario Ware U

And random stuff like Metal Gear Rising, SSX, Phantasy Star Online 2, Bioshock Infinite, Silent Hill: Downpour....etc.

Trauma Center makes perfect sense with the GamePad. That is why we will never have one. Call this list BS.

BG&E2! :D

Kyon

Banned
Bamco deciding what he does makes me doubt he'd work on Demons Souls 2 (or whatever it's called) though. Unless it's a Bamco, Sony, FROM joint project.

And As I said, I can't see them giving up multiplat development... unless they're already avoiding the XBone. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

Namco doesn't own Demons so it shouldn't concern Namco. Also Dark Souls 2 is last gen. This is rumored for this gen so its a long ways off if its revealed also not available on PS3 so its not really that far fetched. From still needs to make money and Demons started it all so I wouldn't be surprised if From is doing it.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I can't believe that despite of Dark Soul's existance people still can think that Demons Souls 2 will ever happen...

Glass Rebel

Namco doesn't own Demons so it shouldn't concern Namco. Also Dark Souls 2 is last gen. This is rumored for this gen so its a long ways off if its revealed also not available on PS3 so its not really that far fetched. From still needs to make money and Demons started it all so I wouldn't be surprised if From is doing it.

I know that they don't own it but why would they remove one of the most important people form their own game to work on a project from Sony?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Demon's Souls 2 PS4 exclusive to complement Dark Souls 2 .Releases Q1 2014 announced at TGS 2013.

Imposhibibble.

Even if Demon's Souls 2 is a thing, that scenario wouldn't end up complementing anything, just cannibalizing.

Trauma Center makes perfect sense with the GamePad. That is why we will never have one. Call this list BS.

BG&E2! :D

I would cry manly tears if another Trauma Center was announced.

Binabik15

I know that they don't own it but why would they remove one of the most important people form their own game to work on a project from Sony?

Get the new leads on DS2 to make it more "user friendly" or what they called it and try to get a bigger, multi-plat audience for their investment, let Sony (partially) bankroll the more hardcore DS2 with the original creator and have Sony bear (part of) the risk of a niche game on a new platform, but still profit if DS2 becomes a massive success and on of PS4's mainstay IPs this gen. Could be how it works.

The use of DS2 and DS2 is intentional, as it is fittingly confusing for the Souls franchise.

Sullichin

Get the new leads on DS2 to make it more "user friendly" or what they called it and try to get a bigger, multi-plat audience for their investment, let Sony (partially) bankroll the more hardcore DS2 with the original creator and have Sony bear (part of) the risk of a niche game on a new platform, but still profit if DS2 becomes a massive success and on of PS4's mainstay IPs this gen. Could be how it works.

The use of DS2 and DS2 is intentional, as it is fittingly confusing for the Souls franchise.

How would Namco profit off DeS2 if Sony was publishing?

I want this to be true but it doesn't really make sense to me.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Both a Dark Souls 2 and Demon's Souls 2. Is this what pure unadulterated joy feels like? I THINK IT IS.

Squishy

I could certainly see From making Demon's Souls 2. After all, they had several IPs on the PS1/PS2 with similar gameplay but different worlds (Shadow Tower, King's Field, Eternal Ring etc.). Why not do it with two of their best and most successful games? Though, I would hope for a bit more differentiation between the two.

Top Bottom