• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swedish retailer lists Demon's Souls 2 and Evolve(?) for PS4

BibiMaghoo

I honestly don't know anything about its lore, I've only watched the E3 trailer so far.

The games share some mechanics, the most important ones I think it fair to say, but beyond that they are separate entities.

The world, lore, and narrative are very different. Some of the mechanics, such as healing, are also very different.

The games share some mechanics, the most important ones I think it fair to say, but beyond that they are separate entities.

The world, lore, and narrative are very different. Some of the mechanics, such as healing, are also very different.

See, if there are already many differences between DS1 and 2, I really don't see why a DeS2 would be so different from dark souls. I still want a true DeS2 sequel though, because I really liked the atmosphere and hub world of the first one.

prwxv3

Sony clearly said they regretted not publishing the game in the west. They would green light a sequel/successor in a heartbeat.

BibiMaghoo

See, if there are already many differences between DS1 and 2, I really don't see why a DeS2 would be so different from dark souls. I still want a true DeS2 sequel though, because I really liked the atmosphere and hub world of the first one.

Some prefer the base mechanics from Demons, I am one of them. I found the bonfire system tedious and, in principle, a little broken
Flame shield up

There is also a huge difference in traversal of the world, given that Demons is a hub and Dark is one interconnected world.

They make for a different way of playing, certainly.
I played Dark before Demons, but enjoyed Demons considerably more. There are enough differences to make the experience not the same, and so people have a preference of which sequel they want to see.

I guess it would be natural to assume that a Demons 2 would use the demons mechanics, rather than the Dark ones, which some would prefer.

Demon's was a bit different in layout from Dark but come on folks. Dark would have been Demon's Souls 2 if Sony had acted right when they wanted to bring Demon's to the West.

People may not agree with the design decision changes in Dark but the plot is the only thing that truly changed by nature of not being a "true sequel" to Demon's. It wasn't a case where the folks at From decided "okay since this is a spiritual sequel and not a real one let's go slow down the combat and take out the hub world". Dark for all intents and purposes is what Demon's 2 would have played like if From had made that (again, other than plot which could also have changed anyway, see Dark and Dark 2).

I honestly don't want Demon's and Dark at the same time unless Demon's 2 was radically different from Demon's and Dark. And I mean the core mechanics, not the little evolutionary design changes that happened in Dark; like say...King's Field to Demon's Souls, something significant. We haven't played Dark 2 yet so it's a bit premature to assume that it won't play more like Demon's than Dark or vice versa.

On that note I will however take a new King's Field Sony, how about that instead.

Precisely.

Top Bottom