• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swery apologizes about trans 'offenses' in Deadly Premonition 2

ShadowNate

The problem has nothing to do with who's technically responsible or how easy the fix is. It's that he chose to flippantly handwave and minimize a genuine issue affecting 100% of his customers, but put on pomp and circumstance for a non-issue that's genuinely affecting virtually noone. He is the face of the game, you don't get to pass the buck when it's convenient.
Myself being utterly disappointed by the ports that Rising Star Games has delivered, I don't see how he could promise something more drastic about the performance issues.

Also, I think in his tweet about that, he tries to explain that he pays attention to the issues -- and encourages people to forward the complaint to the proper entity (RSG).

ExpandKong

Banned
The problem has nothing to do with who's technically responsible or how easy the fix is. It's that he chose to flippantly handwave and minimize a genuine issue affecting 100% of his customers, but put on pomp and circumstance for a non-issue that's genuinely affecting virtually noone. He is the face of the game, you don't get to pass the buck when it's convenient.

Nobody ever got cancelled over a crummy framerate.

Airola

In videogames you can kill and murder people. You can sneak behind them and snap their necks. You can run people over with a car. Some games allow you to rip the hearts off peoples chests. You can burn people alive.

But a character can't be shown to do or say a socially insensitive thing. There can't be a person in the game's world and its story who says a wrong thing.

This is stupid and insane.

GrayFoxPL

Cpwehpz.gif

Devs or anyone for that matter, should never kneel before insane SJWs.

Vawn

Banned
When exactly did the world go batshit insane? This shit is annoying.

I'm willing to bet a large percentage of Trump supporters vote for him just to piss off this annoying, vocal community.

Turnt

I don’t see what the big deal is. He did something he didn’t mean to so is now changing it. No one is forcing him to.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
What a fucking joke. Take out all trannies and gays out of games. All these people do is whine.

The ironic thing is they whined also before getting into games. A thing no sane person asked for.

Think about the stupidest thing some could be offended about, and you know what? You actually found something someone might be offended about.

Fbh

In videogames you can kill and murder people. You can sneak behind them and snap their necks. You can run people over with a car. Some games allow you to rip the hearts off peoples chests. You can burn people alive.

But a character can't be shown to do or say a socially insensitive thing. There can't be a person in the game's world and its story who says a wrong thing.

This is stupid and insane.

That's SJW logic 101.

It's ok for games to depict and glorify violence, murder and gore. Because it's just a game, it doesn't shape our view of the real world and any sane person can obviously tell the difference between reality and fiction, suggesting otherwise would be dumb and ignorant.

Except if someone in game says or does something offensive or insensitive regarding race, gender or sexual orientation. Because it's not "just a game", these things can have an impact on how we perceive the real world and people in it. See something in fiction enough times and it might start shaping the way you see reality, suggesting otherwise would be dumb and ignorant.

Top Bottom