• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Lite internals photographed at FCC - Hello Mariko!

PhoenixTank

Switch Lite (prototype) photos passed through the FCC and the full PDF is available at fccid.io

Full back shot including battery:
RGDdy79.jpg

Mainboard: i.e. everything left of the battery and fan:
s4nb6w2.jpg

And heatspreaders/shields removed:
ddSD4Wx.jpg

main-unit-1.jpg

Eyeballing it based on the USB-C connector (on the right), the Mariko X1 chip (centre, with the thermal paste) is definitely on a leaner diet compared to Logan (OG Switch). Not surprising based on the other info we had, but nice to see.

A few more photos available in the source PDF.

Last edited:

xool

Mariko X1 chip (centre, with the thermal paste) is definitely on a leaner diet compared to Logan (OG Switch).

New chip just seems to be 9.6x10.5mm (100mm2) [vs. 10.5x11.7 (122mm2) old] based on a 10x15mm RAM chip size (though the image is a bit skewed)

So this suggests the new CPU/GPU is at 16nm vs 20nm original and [Mariko] is the T214 (expected)

No 7nm for nintendo .. pity, because that would have really shifted battery life.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

New chip just seems to be 9.6x10.5mm (100mm2) [vs. 10.5x11.7 (122mm2) old] based on a 10x15mm RAM chip size (though the image is a bit skewed)

So this suggests the new CPU/GPU is at 16nm vs 20nm original and [Mariko] is the T214 (expected)

No 7nm for nintendo .. pity, because that would have really shifted battery life.
Nice, my 100% scientific image scaling & pixel counting got me to 9,800 pixels vs 11,655 - making Mariko about 84% the size of Logan.
I couldn't see Nintendo using 7nm so soon, as fantastic as that would be. I imagine there is still a lot more free capacity on TSMC's 16FF than 7nm right now, as well as other competing fabs to move to if needed.

Top Bottom