• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Nindies Showcase 28 Feb 2017. 9 AM PT.

weekev

Banned
Has Rocket League said anything regarding Switch port? Because i dont understand why so many people are talking about it for Switch as if its hinted
They came out and neither denied nor confirmed it last year but mainly it's wishful thinking as it's one of the most popular indie titles available.

Cuburt

I think worst case scenario this is just more clips showcased already announced games with more Switch footage, highlighting a few exclusives, but I'd like to think that with GDC this week and the next couple months prime for indie games to fill the gaps in releases, we are going to get a good amount of new announcements. Maybe nothing mind blowing, but I'd get hyped af by just having announcements of games like Overcooked, Nighogg, Towerfall, Samurai Gunn, and Gang Beasts coming some time in the next year.

Mafro

Has Rocket League said anything regarding Switch port? Because i dont understand why so many people are talking about it for Switch as if its hinted
Just some generic non-comittal "we'd love to have her game on Switch but it's up to Nintendo"

I'd love to see Overcooked announced.

Jashobeam

The Switch seems like perfect fit for indie games due to the lack of 3rd party support. indies and VC releases will help fill in the gap between the big Nintendo releases.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They came out and neither denied nor confirmed it last year but mainly it's wishful thinking as it's one of the most popular indie titles available.

Will be great if it comes out but i dont suggest anyone to hold their breath and set their expectation low

Waji

The Switch seems like perfect fit for indie games due to the lack of 3rd party support. indies and VC releases will help fill in the gap between the big Nintendo releases.
Yes because we already know there won't be any 3rd party game whatsoever.

Soundslike

Neo Member
30 minutes for a indies presentation seems kinda long. the switch event was an hour.

snooze fest if they are showing off shovel knight with EXCLUSIVE interview for 15 min.

Soundslike

Neo Member
But it this a live presentation or a true Nintendo Direct?

I seen some previous nindies presentations, and they are not that great. Hopefully its a big indies reel and not 2 presentations with interviews. I dont wanna hear shinén explain fast rmx for the 12th time.

Plum

I seen some previous nindies presentations, and they are not that great. Hopefully its a big indies reel and not 2 presentations with interviews. I dont wanna hear shinén explain fast rmx for the 12th time.

Were they advertised like this (with the Direct logo and music) and called a "video presentation" though?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm kinda concerned that this is going to be them just showcasing the games we already know about. Snipperclips got some Treehouse time the day after the presentation but has Nintendo pimped Fast RMX, Shovel Knight and BoI at all?

Moose84

I'm kinda concerned that this is going to be them just showcasing the games we already know about. Snipperclips got some Treehouse time the day after the presentation but has Nintendo pimped Fast RMX, Shovel Knight and BoI at all?

That's what I was expecting when they first announced it. Maybe 1 or 2 new reveals but no more IMO

wrowa

There'll be new announcements, but the focus will almost certainly be on games releasing at launch/shortly after and, well, we likely already know about most of those.

Charamiwa

Banned
I thought it would just be a recap of some lesser known titles coming in March. Is it reasonable to expect some bigger announcement? I want to get hyped, but it would be unfair to be disappointed when nothing really hints at something big.

edit: oh you guys are discussing this just now. Yeah I agree, maybe one or two new things.

maxcriden

Especially not Rocket League or The Witness. Don't get your hopes up too much.

Nintendo Direct speculations usually spawns all kinds of crazy wishes and predictions. I know this isn't a Direct, but it's announced in the same manner.

Psyonix asks players to keep fingers crossed for Switch port:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...keep_fingers_crossed_for_nintendo_switch_port

I think people are hoping this comment means it is very likely to be announced soon.

ITSMILNER

Other than Rocket League, have there been any other indie games that either a dev has hinted is coming or titles that are rumoured? We still have yet to see what the Devolver Digital title is so that might show

Valkrai

Other than Rocket League, have there been any other indie games that either a dev has hinted is coming or titles that are rumoured? We still have yet to see what the Devolver Digital title is so that might show

The developers of Enter the Gungeon teased new news today so this could be the Devolver title.

nightside

Just some generic non-comittal "we'd love to have her game on Switch but it's up to Nintendo"

I'd love to see Overcooked announced.

Lol yes! My wife would love it! She's already sold on Snipperclips XD.

And I hope to have a reason for double dipping rocket league. I would gladly double dip.

Strider

I'm expecting trailers of what we already know about plus 1-2 new games... and definitely not something as big as Rocket League.

A yooka laylee release date would be cool...

Stardew Valley, Yookah Laylee, please.

Playtonic/ Nintendo are you guys seeing this? I am buying Yookah Laylee on Xbox on April 11 if you guys don't announce a release date for Switch. I'm not going to buy it twice. Ball's in your court!

I would prefer a Switch version, but I'm not gonna hold out forever.

gunstarhero

I just want to see games that haven't been on the other consoles for a while. More stuff like FAST RMX, Snipperclips, etc.

Nidhogg 2 hitting Switch first would be awesome.

Jmille99

Curveball: the fan made Mother 4 will be on the list.

The devs said they have a announcement tomorrow along with an AMA on reddit.

Coincidence?! I think not!

Does anyone know how you apply to become a Switch indie developer? Nintendo's dev site only has info for obtaining Wii U and 3ds dev kits.

Scrawnton

If it really is as easy to port indie games to Switch as some devs are saying, I just want the floodgates to open and for everything to come to Swith, no matter how old it is.

Axiom Verge, Limbo, Inside, Witness, Dust, Bastion , Transistor, etc.

Top Bottom