• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Nindies Showcase 28 Feb 2017. 9 AM PT.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
that 8-bit fighter looked pretty rad, I hope there are lots of playable characters.
IIRC there are only 8 characters so far. During the kickstarter campaign there were a few stretch goals for extra characters that weren't met (the campaign only hit the required minimum I think). So maybe if the game is successful they'll add more?

LordKano

IIRC there are only 8 characters so far. During the kickstarter campaign there were a few stretch goals for extra characters that weren't met (the campaign only hit the required minimum I think). So maybe if the game is successful they'll add more?

That's already not bad for a 10 bucks game. I'll buy it.

ITSMILNER

Plenty of games to keep me going through the first months of Switch (Especially considering Zelda will keep me going for most of March as it is)

They said they have 60 indies lined up so far this year didn't they? Hopefully in the summer they will have another indie showcase as that was a great presentation.

I hope the likes of Hyper Light Drifter, Hotline Miami 1&2, Owlboy and Undertale make it to Switch by the end of the year. What a line up the system could have by the end of 2017

TrutaS

Seems like Wargroove is the closest people will get to Advance Wars on the Switch for a long time! And it looks quite nice!

jariw

They said they have 60 indies lined up so far this year didn't they?

RedColumn compiled a list of 81 known games, but included Minecraft, MC:Story Mode, and Shovel Knight counted as 3 games.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231223449&postcount=658

jq8caSJ.jpg

I am sure that quite a few of these games will come in upcoming weeks. The dude said it himself, every week new games to Eshop, like with earlier consoles.

There was many games with Spring or even a specific month mentioned.

I am really digging couple of the games, so glad that Nintendo get so much quality content so early in the Switch's life.

Nintendo is really active with Indies this time, read somewhere how one of the devs tweeted to someone at Nintendo about their game and the guy got in tocuh immediately. Think it was that dude in the video. Isn't he the Indie guy at Nintendo?

And those Swedish (Steamworld guys) went to Germany to see Switch themselves before anyone knew about it. Only 2 guys and they couldn't tell even their team about the meeting. Such an exciting thought!

Lots of good interviews aired immediately after the Showcase.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
RedColumn compiled a list of 81 known games, but included Minecraft, MC:Story Mode, and Shovel Knight counted as 3 games.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231223449&postcount=658

That's really cool. I think it's okay to list Shovel Knight as three separate games, since they're selling it that way, but it probably makes more sense to list Shovel of Hope rather than Treasure Trove. At least, to me it does. Regardless, really cool to see all of that. It made me realize...

If The Fall: Part 2 is releasing on Switch, I really hope they port Part 1 over to the system as well.

ITSMILNER

Cuningas de Häme;231242808 said:
I am sure that quite a few of these games will come in upcoming weeks. The dude said it himself, every week new games to Eshop, like with earlier consoles.

There was many games with Spring or even a specific month mentioned.

I am really digging couple of the games, so glad that Nintendo get so much quality content so early in the Switch's life.

Nintendo is really active with Indies this time, read somewhere how one of the devs tweeted to someone at Nintendo about their game and the guy got in tocuh immediately. Think it was that dude in the video. Isn't he the Indie guy at Nintendo?

And those Swedish (Steamworld guys) went to Germany to see Switch themselves before anyone knew about it. Only 2 guys and they couldn't tell even their team about the meeting. Such an exciting thought!

Lots of good interviews aired immediately after the Showcase.

It does seem like Ninty are more pro-active with them this time round which is exciting! The fact that games like Towerfall and Duck Game (Which I never even heard of but looks like fun) are going to be so much more easily assessable for multiplayer due to the nature of the system

jariw

It does seem like Ninty are more pro-active with them this time round which is exciting! The fact that games like Towerfall and Duck Game (Which I never even heard of but looks like fun) are going to be so much more easily assessable for multiplayer due to the nature of the system

Nintendo did a fairly good job with the Wii U indies as well. The problem then was that the only middleware that eventually appeared was Unity, and the Unity support wasn't without faults. And the development HW units were expensive (although they could be hired from Nintendo for a period of time).

With the Switch, they have Unity and UE4 support at launch, in addition to their own SDK. And really inexpensive development hardware units. The major thing they currently lack is Game Maker support as well.

Jintor

there's some really good party games on there

overcooked
jackbox
duck game
ultimate chickenhorse
towerfall

All i want to round it out in terms of known games is keep talking and nobody explodes, nidhogg, and mount your friends

Andyliini

Nintendo's relations with Nindies have really soared ever since Damon Baker took helm of it. He has done a great job so far.

ITSMILNER

With the Switch, they have Unity and UE4 support at launch, in addition to their own SDK. And really inexpensive development hardware units. The major thing they currently lack is Game Maker support as well.

The system seems capable of running Game Maker right? So it should hopefully be soon that games using that are added?

D_prOdigy

also throwing my hat into the 'I didn't know The Fall 2 was already a thing and coming to Switch' ring.

and another one for 'Wargroove looks exactly like Advance Wars thus day zero' goes without saying.

and it looks like I'll be checking out this Stardew Valley fuss.

and everybody says Hollow Knight is the business.

fuck

Skeletos311

From what I see here - http://www.nintendo.com/games/coming-soon#nintendo-switch

FAST RMX - 3/3
Shovel Knight - 3/3
Blaster Master Zero - 3/9
Snake Pass - 3/28
Has Been Heroes - March
Pocket Rumble - March
Mr Shifty - Mid April
Graceful Explosion Machine - Spring
Rime - Spring
Shakedown: Hawaii - Q2 2017
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ - Spring
TumbleSeed - Spring
SteamWorld Dig 2 - Summer
Celeste - 2017
Flipping Death - TBD

From what I see here - http://www.nintendo.com/games/coming-soon#nintendo-switch

FAST RMX - 3/3
Shovel Knight - 3/3
Blaster Master Zero - 3/9
Snake Pass - 3/28
Has Been Heroes - March
Pocket Rumble - March
Mr Shifty - Mid April
Graceful Explosion Machine - Spring
Rime - Spring
Shakedown: Hawaii - Q2 2017
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ - Spring
TumbleSeed - Spring
SteamWorld Dig 2 - Summer
Celeste - 2017
Flipping Death - TBD

Not sure if it's correct but Gamestop shows Has Been Heroes as 3/28. They are Publishing a Physical version so that should give the date a bit more credibility.

Ness427

I was hoping NIdhogg (and Nidhogg 2) would make it to the Switch. Other than that, I agree with the Switch being the ultimate local multiplayer machine.

I know Humble Bundle did a Nintendo pack a few years back. It would be very smart if they did another one for the Switch by the end of the year.

Raitaro

Just caught up with the Direct but phew, that was quite the lineup! I'm impressed.

I was hoping NIdhogg (and Nidhogg 2) would make it to the Switch. Other than that, I agree with the Switch being the ultimate local multiplayer machine.

Those would have been cool indeed, as would have been Gang Beasts perhaps (assuming it will turn out to be good). Undertale is another one I somewhat expected to see, even though that is not a multiplayer game of course.

I was also missing Double Dragon 4 (not officially indie but still) and River City Ransom: Underground myself, both being IP that were heavily tied to Nintendo consoles of yore, while hoping Nintendo would throw the world a curveball by announcing that they'd be releasing AM2R as an officially sanctioned Metroid 2 Remake (possibly with some slight alterations if needed according to former Metroid devs). (I have to admit, them starting the video with Steamworld Dig 2 and mentioning how it resembles Metroid kinda got my hopes up for AM2R...sigh...)

All that said, this was a promising start for sure. Hopefully the Switch can become a good home to a wide selection of indies.

Nintendo did a fairly good job with the Wii U indies as well. The problem then was that the only middleware that eventually appeared was Unity, and the Unity support wasn't without faults. And the development HW units were expensive (although they could be hired from Nintendo for a period of time).

Wii U dev kits weren't exactly expensive they were comparable with other systems and it were available on a 12 month free loan

maxcriden

Me too. I expected to only see 3 new games that didn't interest me. What I got was like 5 must buys and 5 other interesting possible must buys. Bit Trip Runner 3 as an exclusive? I thought that was a big deal. Time to find the 3DS version somewhere before it's super expensive.

If the MSRP of the retail copy of the collection has gone up, there's an eShop version available for purchase. ^^

I don't think the sequel came out on 3DS, but it is on Wii U.

Cerium

Does anyone have a real true accurate and updated list of launch games? There was that jank looking pioneer settlers game or whatever that just got announced. I want to make sure that everything worthwhile has an OT and that we haven't missed anything.

Top Bottom