• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Nindies Showcase 28 Feb 2017. 9 AM PT.

hao chi

There's an absurd amount of indies that I'm looking forward to on Switch. Too many to list, but I will say that I forgot about seeing a bit of Mr Shifty the other day. I'll be very happy if I enjoy playing it even half as much as I did playing Hotline Miami on my Vita.

I hadn't heard of Celeste until today, but it looks really fun, especially considering how much I like the N games.

watershed

Banned
Finally had time to watch this. I'll be honest, I was impressed as hell. I didn't expect so many indie games I am actually interested. And I was surprised by all the various different exclusives. I think Nintendo sees the importance of quality indie games fill out their release schedule.

Speely

Banned
Honestly I just want Hyper Light Drifter on the Switch. I don't think it will happen, though. GameMaker, etc.

It would be perfect.

maxcriden

Cerium

A reminder that we've got a lot of fresh upcoming games with no OTs claimed!

I'm in Photoshop right now bringing the fucking heat for VOEZ and Snake Pass so y'all better not be slacking.

Getting this out of the way makes me excited for E3. It feels like Nintendo is seriously going all out. I hope E3 is like this indie presentation except it'll be bigger third party games and exclusives.

Getting this out of the way makes me excited for E3. It feels like Nintendo is seriously going all out. I hope E3 is like this indie presentation except it'll be bigger third party games and exclusives.

I was shocked that we were seeing back to back games like that. Please please please let e3 be like that (or close).

Pretty stellar list of indie games there and it's only going to get better as the year goes on. I can see myself buying quite a few of them. Just thinking of the Switch being a Nintendo and indie game console has me feeling excited!

I generally prefer games that are a bit "different" as opposed to the latest cookie-cutter FPS. I'm not a fan of COD and such. Some of my fave N64 games for example were Blast Corps, Wetrix and Glover. To me, many of these games look really funky and different, and I'd take them over the latest "blockbuster shooter" any day.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I wasn't watching the indie showcase tonight on the tv and my wife commented "I don't like how all these games look so old." (Paraphrasing)

:(

What was it Emily Rogers said about the Switch first year lineup again?

Bigger than Wii U's life in term of games released

I wasn't watching the indie showcase tonight on the tv and my wife commented "I don't like how all these games look so old." (Paraphrasing)

:(

bailout.gif

Is there a compiled list somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEhJ2tRQpg

One beautiful list for on the go gaming

indie list:

Rogue Trooper Redux
The Fall Part 2: Unbound
Treasurenauts
sU and the Quest for meaning
RIME
Zombie Vikings
Mr. Shifty
TowerFall Ascension
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Thumper
Splasher
RIVE
Enter the Gungeon
Cave Story
NBA Playgrounds
1001 Spikes
Redout
Unbox: Newbie's Adventure
Graceful Explosion Machine
Pocket Rumble
SteamWorld Dig 2
Little Inferno
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Runner 3
Neuro Voider
Kingdom Two Crowns
Pankapu
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
The Binding of Issac Afterbirth +
Duck Game
World of Goo
Yooka-Laylee
The Escapists 2
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Blaster Master Zero
Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove
Space Dave!
Tumbleseed: A Rolly Roguelike
Terraria
Wargroove
Fast RMX
Has Been Heroes
Human Resource Machine
Gonner
Dandara
Flipping Death
Snake Pass
Stardew Valley
Celeste
Perception
Hollow Knight
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
WonderBoy and the Dragon's Trap
Shakedown Hawaii
Overcooked!
The Jack Box Party Pack 3
Hover: Revolt of Gamers
Away: Journey of the Unexpected
Portal Knights
State of Mind
The Next Penelope
Mutant Mudds
Battle Chef Brigade
Ittle Dew 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEhJ2tRQpg

One beautiful list for on the go gaming

indie list:

Rogue Trooper Redux
The Fall Part 2: Unbound
Treasurenauts
sU and the Quest for meaning
RIME
Zombie Vikings
Mr. Shifty
TowerFall Ascension
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Thumper
Splasher
RIVE
Enter the Gungeon
Cave Story
NBA Playgrounds
1001 Spikes
Redout
Unbox: Newbie's Adventure
Graceful Explosion Machine
Pocket Rumble
SteamWorld Dig 2
Little Inferno
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Runner 3
Neuro Voider
Kingdom Two Crowns
Pankapu
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
The Binding of Issac Afterbirth +
Duck Game
World of Goo
Yooka-Laylee
The Escapists 2
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Blaster Master Zero
Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove
Space Dave!
Tumbleseed: A Rolly Roguelike
Terraria
Wargroove
Fast RMX
Has Been Heroes
Human Resource Machine
Gonner
Dandara
Flipping Death
Snake Pass
Stardew Valley
Celeste
Perception
Hollow Knight
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
WonderBoy and the Dragon's Trap
Shakedown Hawaii
Overcooked!
The Jack Box Party Pack 3
Hover: Revolt of Gamers
Away: Journey of the Unexpected
Portal Knights
State of Mind
The Next Penelope
Mutant Mudds
Battle Chef Brigade
Ittle Dew 2

Been at work, haven't watched. Was not expecting to scroll this much. Good job Nintendo on actually reaching out to indie devs!

dottme

Flipping Death looks really interesting and more like Stick it to the Man. And I really like Stick to the Man.

zenspider

Nintendo will let another dev make Wargroove before making another AW. I feel like I've been stabbed in the heart.

I'm sure they'll keep an eye on it, but either way, this is what smart devs should be doing more of on Nintendo consoles: filling in the gaps of first-party content.

I was shocked that we were seeing back to back games like that. Please please please let e3 be like that (or close).

Me too. I expected to only see 3 new games that didn't interest me. What I got was like 5 must buys and 5 other interesting possible must buys. Bit Trip Runner 3 as an exclusive? I thought that was a big deal. Time to find the 3DS version somewhere before it's super expensive.

jariw

Is there a quick and dirty release schedule for all these games? I know Blaster Master comes out next week, yeah?

That will not happen. The best you can wish for is to get a release month. Nintendo likes to shuffle around eShop release with very short notice (to make sure all eShop games get eShop focus), so we usually don't get a confirmed date until 1-2 weeks before release, or even just days before release.

Skeletos311

That will not happen. The best you can wish for is to get a release month. Nintendo likes to shuffle around eShop release with very short notice (to make sure all eShop games get eShop focus), so we usually don't get a confirmed date until 1-2 weeks before release, or even just days before release.

Yeah. Keep an eye on Nintendo sites like Go Nintendo and Nintendo Everything for dates on what's coming up. We usually don't get dates until a few days before eShop update day (Thursday) unless the developer makes it a point to get the news out there, like WayForward and Yacht Club do.

Top Bottom