• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

Octagon

I got my Switch from amazon today - all hail amazon logistics - BUT i did not order Zelda with it. Have to wait until tomorrow to buy it then, the local MediaMarkt isn't selling it today.

Alrus

Package still showing up as "in transit" from amazon to Bpost (belgium), I'm starting to thing it won't get to them in time for tomorrow :(

Airbar

Neo Member
Amazon.de hasn't even shipped my Switch yet ... I'm going crazy. My Amazon.fr is farther along in the shipping process as well. Verrückt.

venomenon

I got my Switch from amazon today - all hail amazon logistics - BUT i did not order Zelda with it. Have to wait until tomorrow to buy it then, the local MediaMarkt isn't selling it today.
Couldn't you get it digitally? The eShop is up already, isn't it?

Alrus

Package finally arrived at the sorting center, will get it tomorrow morning. Haven't been this excited in a long time.

KHlover

Banned
Do, 02.03.17 12:48 -- Die Auftragsdaten zu dieser Sendung wurden vom Absender elektronisch an DHL übermittelt.

Nothing happened since 12:48......

11:47 for me, but yeah. You'll probably get the next update at 3am or so. Unless something goes wrong the order will arrive on time.

Fliesen

Do, 02.03.17 12:48 -- Die Auftragsdaten zu dieser Sendung wurden vom Absender elektronisch an DHL übermittelt.

Same for me. Nothing unusual though.

11:47 for me, but yeah. You'll probably get the next update at 3am or so. Unless something goes wrong the order will arrive on time.

yup, same here ... you'll wake up to 3 updates, hopefully the last of them being "out for delivery" :)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Same for me. Nothing unusual though.

yup, same here ... you'll wake up to 3 updates, hopefully the last of them being "out for delivery" :)

same here. DHL and HERMES.

Dee Dee

Saturn guys disappointed me. Apparently Nintendo was extremely strict about not breaking release date this time. They only sell Bomberman and Just Dance prematurely here, because apparently Konami and Ubisoft don't care.

Will Zelda be a midnight eShop release?
;_;

Saturn guys disappointed me. Apparently Nintendo was extremely strict about not breaking release date this time. They only sell Bomberman and Just Dance prematurely here, because apparently Konami and Ubisoft don't care.

Will Zelda be a midnight eShop release?
;_;
Same here, well tomorrow it is then :)

funo

What I don't get is the following..

My neighbor (same house) and I both ordered the Switch, same day, same minute. We both have Amazon Prime and ordered only the console, nothing else.

His console was sent with Amazon Logistics and arrived today, my console was sent with Hermes and will arrive in December (wild guess)...

How the hell do things like that happen,I wonder?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
What I don't get is the following..

My neighbor (same house) and I both ordered the Switch, same day, same minute. We both have Amazon Prime and ordered only the console, nothing else.

His console was sent with Amazon Logistics and arrived today, my console was sent with Hermes and will arrive in December (wild guess)...

How the hell do things like that happen,I wonder?

I got it explained once, but don't know if it is really true.

when amazon wants to ship your order, it tells ups/dhl/hermes/etc the weight and size.
now they get offers from dhl etc for what price they'll be able to ship it to you. the one with the lowest price "wins".

now, take it with a grain of salt...it's just what I got told once.

funo

I got it explained once, but don't know if it is really true.

when amazon wants to ship your order, it tells ups/dhl/hermes/etc the weight and size.
now they get offers from dhl etc for what price they'll be able to ship it to you. the one with the lowest price "wins".

now, take it with a grain of salt...it's just what I got told once.

This makes a lot of sense, to be honest. I've experienced this kind of work flow in my field of work multiple times before.

Then again... Why Hermes... Why me?

Dee Dee

Oh, I forgot I had pre-ordered the neon Joy-Cons. Amazon just confirmed to me they are shipped.

And sent me a 10€ off coupon for Snipperclips? I think?

I haven't bought the Switch yet though. Can I use the coupon to buy a digital code and use it on my Nintendo account via their Webshop?
Should work, right? Then later attach my ID to my future Switch and instantly own Snipperclips?
In any case, the coupon is only valid until end of March, but if I use it to buy a digital code, the code should be valid much longer anyway. I guess I can keep it until I have access to a Switch and the Switch eShop.

yankee666

Gold Member
Yeahhh, my Neon Switch is shipped alongside a pair of neon joycons, zelda, bomberman, case, charger grip, ac adapter and zelda amiibo. The best part is that they shipped all in one package. Cant wait

Shiggy

Oh, I forgot I had pre-ordered the neon Joy-Cons. Amazon just confirmed to me they are shipped.

And sent me a 10€ off coupon for Snipperclips? I think?

I haven't bought the Switch yet though. Can I use the coupon to buy a digital code and use it on my Nintendo account via their Webshop?
Should work, right? Then later attach my ID to my future Switch and instantly own Snipperclips?
In any case, the coupon is only valid until end of March, but if I use it to buy a digital code, the code should be valid much longer anyway. I guess I can keep it until I have access to a Switch and the Switch eShop.

Unless the system recently changed, you need to link a Switch system to your Nintendo Account first before being able to redeem a game code or purchase a Switch game on Nintendo's web eShop. You can still buy the Snipperclips game code on Amazon with the discount code as the Snipperclips game code will not expire for a few years, you just cannot redeem it yet and thus need to keep in mind that it's stored somewhere on your Amazon account.

Ghandi

Banned
:(
Amazon.fr still says 6-8

Is it a stupid idea to walk into a small local expert(=probably bad return policies=no easy return after amazon.fr arrival) and buy switch+Zelda for 400... Paying 50 extra compared to my amazon preorder?

Okay yes it is.
But if I do it regardless, do you think I will have a hard time selling the unopened amazon.fr preorder together with Zelda for like 390 via ebay(Kleinanzeigen) next week?

Shiggy

Amazon.fr still says 6-8

Is it a stupid idea to walk into a small local expert(=probably bad return policies=no easy return after amazon.fr arrival) and buy switch+Zelda for 400... Paying 50 extra compared to my amazon preorder?

Okay yes it is.
But if I do it regardless, do you think I will have a hard time selling the unopened amazon.fr preorder together with Zelda for like 390 via ebay(Kleinanzeigen) next week?

You can also try your local Media Markt/Saturn, which should have stock available as that's what their adverts say (at least in my area). Kleinanzeigen will be very difficult as the next shipment will come within the next 2 weeks and it doesn't look as if the system is in too hot demand. You can even order it on real.de for just 10 EUR more right now.

Amazon.fr still says 6-8

Okay yes it is.

If it's not on it's way yet, why not just cancel the preorder and buy one here?

I am in the shitty situation that Fnac has my Switch "in transit" since yesterday (which is obviously bullshit) but it prevents me from cancelling the order. So now I have to sit around to wait and wait and wait... otherwise I'd probably just bite the bullet and get a Switch here.

Alrus

Amazon.fr still says 6-8

Okay yes it is.

I would just cancel the amazon order while there's still time and try a walk-in buy somewhere else at this point.

Dee Dee

Unless the system recently changed, you need to link a Switch system to your Nintendo Account first before being able to redeem a game code or purchase a Switch game on Nintendo's web eShop. You can still buy the Snipperclips game code on Amazon with the discount code as the Snipperclips game code will not expire for a few years, you just cannot redeem it yet and thus need to keep in mind that it's stored somewhere on your Amazon account.

So I can't redeem it on the Nintendo online store? Or 3DS / Wii U eShop? Meh.
Might still try it later for science.

Second Saturn wasn't breaking street date either, so I bought a fluffy bear Kigurumi at Primark to riot gently and have Pizza until Zelda is up on the Wii U eShop.

I'm sure once I get my Joy-Cons delivered I'll cave and buy the Switch already anyway. (300 + game, come on ye offers!!)

Shotterke

Package still showing up as "in transit" from amazon to Bpost (belgium), I'm starting to thing it won't get to them in time for tomorrow :(

Did you enter your tracking code on the BPost website? Mine says it's in Charleroi atm.

Edit:
Nevermind I missed your last post.

Chrono321

8jy4MFm.png

Please don't let me down DHL!!!

Metal B

Got my Switch a few hours ago (from Amazon Germany). It's really small and overall great. I tested the Joycons for the lag and it didn't happen to me. I tried covering it and use it behind my back, but I have nothing negative to report.

Hope you all can enjoy it too soon.

m00h

Banned
Freunde, any chance to get a Switch tomorrow somewhere in Düsseldorf? Any tips about some hidden backyard locations in the Landeshauptstadt, where a Switch copy could be obtained would be appreciated.

jts

...hate me...
Have you tried different DHL sites? Sometimes it works on dhl.de, sometimes on dhl.com depending on what kind of product from DHL they use.
Thanks, just tried now other sites with no luck. I've been using the direct link to DHL on my order page on Fnac.com, which worked fine for Zelda which I should get tomorrow. Really frustrating that for the console they give me a tracking code over 24 hours ago and it is yet be to scanned...

Metroid

Still not dispatched, asked the Amazon support and they told me they are not allowed to ship it today because then it could arrive today. What a load of bullshit. My order is currently in a warehouse in Czech republic and will be on its way around midnight.

A question for those who ordered at fnac. I ordered with a code and should get 40€ on my fnac card. When should the money show up? Right after the payment is complete or after the order is shipped?

jts

...hate me...
A question for those who ordered at fnac. I ordered with a code and should get 40€ on my fnac card. When should the money show up? Right after the payment is complete or after the order is shipped?
From what I've understood at jeuxvideo.com it's only after you get your order or something.

Fliesen

mine's already in "1005", which is the Vienna distribution centre, which is roughly 60km from where i live.

As soon as it's delivered to my workplace, i'll pack my things, drive over to Mediamarkt and (hopefully) fetch a carrying case and take Saturday off work.

I'm not sure yet whether or not i'll stick with Horizon on PS4pro and just play Zelda in Handheld mode while my girlfriend watches TV.

Horizon's really good, too, y'all ...

Matbtz

From what I've understood at jeuxvideo.com it's only after you get your order or something.

I asked some time ago and you get your the money on the loyalty card 24 to 72h after shipment or after you get debited, I am not sure about which one.

The switch is normally at my fnac now, will be refreshing my inbox like crazy to go pick it up tomorrow !

KHlover

Banned
Like predicted DHL changed my order details at about 2am. Estimated delivery between 12:30 and 16:30. Won't be home until 13:50, so I hope they don't come too early.

Freunde, any chance to get a Switch tomorrow somewhere in Düsseldorf? Any tips about some hidden backyard locations in the Landeshauptstadt, where a Switch copy could be obtained would be appreciated.
Tried ordering it for pick-up at MM? Cheapest option I think if you go for BotW. Its what I did after Amazon didn't sent me a transport notice.

Top Bottom