• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

Tunoku

Mine has been "In Zustellung" since 07:13.

giphy.gif

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
DHL with Zelda, Pro Controller. Lösungsbuch and Amiibos is supposed to arrive today between 12-15.

Hermes with switch and case sometime between 13-16.

well, let's wait and see.

jts

...hate me...
Honestly I will never use Fnac.com again.

What good is it to have the console marked as "shipped" in my orders last Wednesday night when the tracking number they gave me, 36 hours later and on launch day, still doesn't return anything from DHL's website?

It's been frustrating to keep checking it and it didn't make things easier the fact that I had a vacation week this week.

I have this pipe dream small hope that there's been some sort of mistake and that the console is actually coming together with the game, which is out for delivery today by DHL. But then again I know very well that will not be the case...

Thanks for nothing Fnac. Made this launch a real bummer. Shame on me for not simply going with Amazon.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yeah, DHL came back to their senses and my Switch is out for delivery too now, after they scared me with the delivery on 4th.

Fliesen

Honestly I will never use Fnac.com again.

What good is it to have the console marked as "shipped" in my orders last Wednesday night when the tracking number they gave me, 36 hours later and on launch day, still doesn't return anything from DHL's website?

It's been frustrating to keep checking it and it didn't make things easier the fact that I had a vacation week this week.

I have this pipe dream small hope that there's been some sort of mistake and that the console is actually coming together with the game, which is out for delivery today by DHL. But then again I know very well that will not be the case...

Thanks for nothing Fnac. Made this launch a real bummer. Shame on me for not simply going with Amazon.

it's unlikely to help, but have you tried a third party site like https://www.17track.net/en ...

i once had a delivery that couldn't be tracked simply because it wasn't a DHL germany but DHL us number or something like that.

That site simply checks your number against a plethora of carriers.

Nerazar

Munich got lucky - I had mine yesterday at noon :D

But no games and no access to the eShop :/ But today is the day, I'm about to leave for Mediamarkt to get me Zelda. They dropped the price to 57€ which is why I'll wait until they open.

Zero148

Mine isn't out for delivery yet. My bigger fear is indeed, that the Packstation is full and I have to deal with the friendly people from the post office, to get my package today and not tommorow. I will be heading to Mediamarkt soon to buy a second pair of joycons/a pro controller and a charging grip.

There are USB-A to USB-C cables coming with the charging grip/pro controller, aren't they?

My order (neon Switch, Zelda, 1-2-Switch, Bomberman and the Nintendo carrying case) was from Amazon.de.

jts

...hate me...
it's unlikely to help, but have you tried a third party site like https://www.17track.net/en ...

i once had a delivery that couldn't be tracked simply because it wasn't a DHL germany but DHL us number or something like that.

That site simply checks your number against a plethora of carriers.
Thanks. I had also checked from an app that does the same job, and nothing. From that website I get:

Item is not found at this moment, If necessary, please verify with the package sender and check back later.

I mean I was thinking that MAYBE my package was being withheld from being scanned so that they wouldn't send it out too soon. But it's even launch day and still nothing. Absurd.

Munich got lucky - I had mine yesterday at noon :D

But no games and no access to the eShop :/ But today is the day, I'm about to leave for Mediamarkt to get me Zelda. They dropped the price to 57€ which is why I'll wait until they open.

This is their online price, though. You get that if you choose store pickup, but their retail price may (!) differ.

There are USB-A to USB-C cables coming with the charging grip/pro controller, aren't they?

There should be a USB-A to USB-C cable included, yes.

But according to VOOKS the chargin grip may be unnecessary.
And after thinking about it, I probably agree.

A fully charged JoyCon lasts for ~20 hours. That's probably longer than any of your play sessions per day.
If you don't use them you probably connect them to your Switch console anyway, and your Switch probably stays in the dock over night. By the time you wake up the next day the JoyCons are fully charged.

It's why I cancelled my Charging Grip and plan to invest the 30€ from it into Metal Slug 3 and Waku Waku 7.

Thanks. I had also checked from an app that does the same job, and nothing. From that website I get:

I mean I was thinking that MAYBE my package was being withheld from being scanned so that they wouldn't send it out too soon. But it's even launch day and still nothing. Absurd.

Same situation for me. I am really pissed as well. I would just like to cancel my preorder at this point but since it's marked as "in transit" that is impossible. Fucking sucks. Maybe I'll try going through customer service.

Any experience if it'll work contacting Fnac in English?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

I had an order last month that was not in the DHL system until after I signed for the order at my door. don't want to give you false hope..but it has happened to me before!

Fliesen

Same situation for me. I am really pissed as well. I would just like to cancel my preorder at this point but since it's marked as "in transit" that is impossible. Fucking sucks. Maybe I'll try going through customer service.

In no way do i want this to come across as some kind of hindsight-20-20-i-told-you-so situation, but this is why i never even considered ordering something i wanted on release day from France just to save a few bucks, in the first place.
I understand you guys are super frustrated and i'm crossing my fingers the thing's just gonna show up at your doorsteps today. Maybe it's just the tracking that's borked and the item is already on its way.
My delivery wasn't trackable after it reached its 2nd "hop" (the Austrian Postal service distribution center in Vienna) - it certainly didn't have its origin there.
So you might see the tracking yield actual results today, and maybe have it delivered to you in the afternoon.

jts

...hate me...

I'm almost "glad" someone else is going through the same and understands this ordeal.

I have reached to them successfully in english twice by direct message on twitter to @FnacVousAide

But they have been radio silent since I've reached them last night about this delivery conundrum. Doesn't hurt to try, though.

Today is the day hope fully at around 5pm i will leave saturn with my switch, the neon joycons (for my wife) and Zelda (maybe buying a case too...)

In no way do i want this to come across as some kind of hindsight-20-20-i-told-you-so situation, but this is why i never even considered ordering something i wanted on release day from France just to save a few bucks, in the first place.
I understand you guys are super frustrated and i'm crossing my fingers the thing's just gonna show up at your doorsteps today. Maybe it's just the tracking that's borked and the item is already on its way.

But the problem is not that the shipping is taking longer from France. My Zelda copy from Fnac arrived yesterday. I wanted to keep an eye on the order and cancel it if it looked like it could be severely delayed. Since they (falsely) marked my order as "in transit" It's impossible to cancel, and that is what pisses me off!

Apparently Fnac is withholding consoles to sell them in stores (as some user posted in here). And according to their twitter -if I understand it right - they are having problems with product availability. Just don't tell customers then that your product is "in transit" ;-)

Nerazar

This is their online price, though. You get that if you choose store pickup, but their retail price may (!) differ.

I see. I overheard some conversations at some point in which they offered the discount after the customer pointed to the online offer. But yeah, it will most probably differ. Might as well get the game now online and pick it up in about 50 minutes.

Shiggy

But the problem is not that the shipping is taking longer from France. My Zelda copy from Fnac arrived yesterday. I wanted to keep an eye on the order and cancel it if it looked like it could be severely delayed. Since they (falsely) marked my order as "in transit" It's impossible to cancel, and that is what pisses me off!

Apparently Fnac is withholding consoles to sell them in stores (as some user posted in here). And according to their twitter -if I understand it right - they are having problems with product availability. Just don't tell customers then that your product is "in transit" ;-)

Very much doubt that they are withholding systems as they are still offering them online. They don't seem to have issues with product availability, just a bad logistics department.

jts

...hate me...
I had an order last month that was not in the DHL system until after I signed for the order at my door. don't want to give you false hope..but it has happened to me before!
Thanks!

My delivery wasn't trackable after it reached its 2nd "hop" (the Austrian Postal service distribution center in Vienna) - it certainly didn't have its origin there.
So you might see the tracking yield actual results today, and maybe have it delivered to you in the afternoon.
Live and learn I guess, but I was going to import and had some experience with Fnac before from my home country. They even delivered to me Wii Fit 2 weeks early ;)

Feel like just going out and buying on retail...

Oh wow, that'd be further infuriating. They can charge me and the lead me on to make me think my console is in transit, when in fact they are selling it to local costumers in store? WHAT?!

Feel like just going out and buying on retail...

Same here! Not sure thought how lucky I'll be trying to sell the Switch from Fnac
if it will ever arrive :'-(

Oh wow, that'd be further infuriating. They can charge me and the lead me on to make me think my console is in transit, when in fact they are selling it to local costumers in store? WHAT?!

I am referring to this post by the way, not sure where the user got the info from though:

Fnac.com is holding up orders that arrived today in their stores for pick-up. People that code the email code went to stores and employees told them to come tomorrow, even though the mail said "you can come today". They got the game but not the console. Others didn't scan the packages so you don't come at all and probably will scan them tomorrow. Other people did get the console and game...

Mine hasn't been scanned yet.

It just pisses me off to think that they just changed it to "in transit" so people can't cancel their severely delayed orders anymore...

Ennosuke

Sitting here and working from home. Waiting for my console, but not really in the mood for work. I need that Switch in my life now.

Shiggy

Same here! Not sure thought how lucky I'll be trying to sell the Switch from Fnac

I am referring to this post by the way, not sure where the user got the info from though:

It just pisses me off to think that they just changed it to "in transit" so people can't cancel their severely delayed orders anymore...

That user was saying that the stores didn't give out systems before launch, not that people who bought it online couldn't pick them up on launch day. You're reading too much into it.

That user was saying that the stores didn't give out systems before launch, not that people who bought it online couldn't pick them up on launch day. You're reading too much into it.

I suppose you're right and they are just not able to process all the orders. Their Twitter stream is full of people complaining. Frustrating in any case, maybe it'll come tomorrow :-/

Fliesen

ok, which of the two joycons is supposed to feel "weird" when using it as a single controller for local multiplayer games? because both feel perfectly fine for me. Bless my small hands, i guess :/

And boy, that firmware update literally took 30 seconds.

OH GOD I LICKED MY GAME CARTRIDGE. IT TASTES REALLY AWFUL.

And that system UI is so much more ... mature than the Wii U's ... it's not even funny how much more functional it is.

what are those 16 gold coins i got for registering BOTW to my account? are those the ones i can trade in for real world rewards that cost like ... 3000 coins for a pack of Yoshi stickers?

jts

...hate me...
Well, I guess that one trick would be to outright refuse the package, it would get sent back right?

Another would be to return the Fnac console to other the retailer, but that's slightly immoral and there's a chance they check serials as well.

Fnac never again.

I see. I overheard some conversations at some point in which they offered the discount after the customer pointed to the online offer. But yeah, it will most probably differ. Might as well get the game now online and pick it up in about 50 minutes.

It costs 65 in Saturn stores, 57 if preordered online.

Top Bottom