• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch worldwide sales top 79.87 million

Woopah

I really hope they bring it but looking at how much time has passed and that it didn't sell too well I'm not too confident :(
The previous games were published by Nintendo in the West as first party titles. Level 5 thought they didn't need Nintendo anymore, so now the games probably won't come at all.

GeorgPrime

Banned
I wonder will Nintendo consider a business model allowing a suite of Switch platforms...

Switch Lite (HW)
Switch (HW)
Switch Pro (HW)
Switch Home (HW)
Switch Stream (Subscription)
Switch Mobile (Subscription)

Nah. They will stick to the Switch. There is no need for "more power" now. They are already 4 years into the life cycle. Better start working on Switch 2 with more power.

Marvel14

Banned
I'll never buy one. But I will borrow one for BOTW2.

I've outgrown Ninty.
Makes sense...sounds like something a preteen would say when they feel they're now a teenager and therefore "super mature".

When you get to adulthood you will realise how silly it is to deny yourself enjoyment just because a company happens to also cater to younger audiences.

Last edited:

Fahdis

Makes sense...sounds like something a preteen would say when they feel they're now a teenager and therefore "super mature".

When you get to adulthood you will realise how silly it is to deny yourself enjoyment just because a company happens to also cater to younger audiences.

Thanks for the Sermon.

carlosrox

Banned
I'll never buy one. But I will borrow one for BOTW2.

I've outgrown Ninty.

68a.jpg

Oh, and no you haven't. Anyone who's into videogames and thinks they're too MATOOR to play Nintendo hasn't outgrown anything.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
Impressive. Though those numbers make me wonder if Nintendo still intends to release the long rumored Switch Pro. Weren’t people last year speculating that it would launch this March, alongside Monster Hunter Rise? If Nintendo waits much longer, then they might as well skip any Pro version and wait until a proper successor is ready (probably in 2023 or so).

Btw, I hope Nintendo brings back 3d screens with a successor (at least for handheld mode). While the technology had its shortcomings on the original 3DS, the New 3DS was already a decent improvement in this regard. For a Switch successor things should have improved even more, so that it should easily be possible to have amazing looking 3d in 1080p (or more, especially with something like DLSS).

Top Bottom