• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch worldwide sales top 79.87 million

Meesh

What's crazy are the MK8 numbers. Like, we all bought this twice, right? Lol Just waiting for niiii-iiiineee Nintendooooo....

Kerotan

Less then 10M sales to go now to pass out it's predecessor's the 3ds and wii u. Impressive rebound after an average last gen for Nintendo.

Mozza

PS4 has been seeling in the recent FYs (6th, 7th, 8th FY) better than all the previous consoles sold at that point of their lifetime. A few months ago Ryan said they will continue supporting PS4 for at least 2 or 3 years more because they have over 100 million active users on PS4 and only about a dozen or two million players will move to PS5 during the first couple of years or so.

It isn't something new, Sony home consoles traditionally always continued in the market several years after their succesor gets released, during a total of more than 10 years. PS4 is selling better pacing than PS2, which was in the market for over 12 years.

So no, they won't stop production this or next year.

I think PS4 will end selling more than Switch in the long run, because Nintendo consoles get replaced faster by their successors, PlayStation consoles keep in the market selling during more years.

PS4 had an extra Q3 at launch, and during the current FY Switch saw a spike due to the Covid. Before the spike, Nintendo knew AC was coming, but they predicted Switch was going to sell 19M this FY, exactly the same PS4 sold during this same 5th FY. This means Nintendo expected Switch would continue FY after FY performing basically the same PS4 did on each FY.

image.png

When presented with a lot of evidence to the contrary, the pure refusal to look at the facts of the situation will always be best. ;)

Brazen

What's crazy are the MK8 numbers. Like, we all bought this twice, right? Lol Just waiting for niiii-iiiineee Nintendooooo....

That game and switch is like peanut butter and jelly, same for smash. Anytime I bring my switch anywhere and others want to play it its always mario kart and its always a time-fulfilling blast to coop with.

I knew even a year or two ago when it was obvious switch would succeed it would take off for sure no problem. Its not your traditional home console where buying one suits the home, not when the kids want their own while staying in their room or being on the go. Props to Nintendo, I fear the pendulum swings back to lazy Nintendo, lol hope not.

Mozza

Less then 10M sales to go now to pass out it's predecessor's the 3ds and wii u. Impressive rebound after an average last gen for Nintendo.

Thing is we say that was average because of the stellar 250 million console generation of the Wii and DS, but Nintendo still managed to shift around 88 million consoles last generation,.

If Nintendo were to say go into the power race with Sony and Microsoft, which is around 160 million consoles each generation, Nintendo at best could hope for a 50% stake in, which I feel would be impossible to achieve in my opinion, they would be still be down on sales wise on the 3DS and Wii U generation.

The Switch is an ideal situation for Nintendo as they only have to develop one console and their software teams can put all their resources in one direction as well, this does take time however due to the very long life of the 3DS and Nintendo's commitments to the growing mobile markets.

Mozza

It's possible that around 8 million Wii U owners could have bought the game twice, good value port however, 1080p 60fps, all the DLC tracks and brand new proper battle mode, and the best handheld Mario kart experience I could have wished for, these are the reasons I double dipped.

Last edited:

Mozza

I think we need some more info on what Nintendo have planned for this year software wise.

Last edited:

TheKratos

It's really crazy each time I think about buying one but think wtf will I play (already finished Odyssey and MHGENU).

Nonetheless I'm buying the limited edition MH Rise version. Luigi Mansion looks cool too.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Monster status confirmed.

We’ll see if this will make Nintendo reconsider its conservative midgen refresh strategy or become more audacious.

There’s certainly room to improve, the x1 was a bottom of the barrel soc manufactured at 20nm.

Kerotan

Thing is we say that was average because of the stellar 250 million console generation of the Wii and DS, but Nintendo still managed to shift around 88 million consoles last generation,.

If Nintendo were to say go into the power race with Sony and Microsoft, which is around 160 million consoles each generation, Nintendo at best could hope for a 50% stake in, which I feel would be impossible to achieve in my opinion, they would be still be down on sales wise on the 3DS and Wii U generation.

The Switch is an ideal situation for Nintendo as they only have to develop one console and their software teams can put all their resources in one direction as well, this does take time however due to the very long life of the 3DS and Nintendo's commitments to the growing mobile markets.
Agreed. The N64 and Game cube showed Nintendo they couldn't compete with Sony here and MS too after the 360 took off. Like all good businesses Nintendo reevaluated and found a safe space to compete in where they wouldn't have direct competition. It must have hurt their pride being beaten by Sony but ultimately it's lead them to where they are now and I think that's a healthier place.

carlosrox

Banned
So it'll probably be 100m+ by the end of this year?

Selling 20mil this year worldwide with some bigger games this year would make sense to me.

3D World should put some numbers up, along with SMT, MH, Pokemon Snap, and whatever else they have coming. If BOTW2 is this year that would be an easy lock.

yurinka

When presented with a lot of evidence to the contrary, the pure refusal to look at the facts of the situation will always be best. ;)
Yes, this is why In my post that you quoted in addition to my opinion sentences "So no, they won't stop production this or next year." and "I think PS4 will end selling more than Switch in the long run" all the other info are a lot of facts that back that opinion.

I think I forgot to mention the PS4 also has way bigger software sales and tie ratio than Switch and that Ryan said a few months ago they had 100M+ MAU. This, plus the insane yearly PSN revenue makes them want to continue.

So it'll probably be 100m+ by the end of this year?

Selling 20mil this year worldwide with some bigger games this year would make sense to me.

3D World should put some numbers up, along with SMT, MH, Pokemon Snap, and whatever else they have coming. If BOTW2 is this year that would be an easy lock.
Before the Covid, Nintendo expected to sell 19M in the current 5th FY, same as PS4 id in FY5. So they expect the peak year to be the previous one, but it has been the current one. So I assume they also expected the next FY to have a decline (less than 19M), the question now is how much.

I think the biggest questions are: how much is going to continue affecting covid and if they will release BOTW2 this year. I think that if covid continues like now we continue having lockdowns here and there and they release BOTW2 in 2021, they will achieve 20+ million. If not, I think they'll sell around 17M. I see 20M highly possible (edit: now I realized I was talking in fiscal years, so I mean 20M for the period that goes from April 2021 to March 2022).

I think the best selling Switch games to be releaed in 2021 will be 3D World, MHR and -if released this year- BOTW2, and that they will be very distant in sales compared to the other 2021 games.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
We are entering the peak year of the Switch.. up until this point they were just upping production but this year they will surpass 30 million
I just cannot wait for Breath of the Wild 2 to launch, hope it's sooner than we all realize
Can't wait either, BOTW's sequel might be the greatest Zelda game since the N64 era. Hidemaro Fujibayashi has momentum at this point and his work has been getting better over the years. I think him pairing with Aonuma as the game's producer can be a powerful duo when they're at their best. I can see this upcoming Zelda surpassing BOTW in many ways - that is within reach. I wonder what the title will be?

yurinka

I don't think the DS and 3DS were replaced that fast, in fact 3DS is still selling in mil 4 years down the line after Switch launch, FP games support for 3DS kept going for 2 years more until 2018 WarioWare Gold.

Only if the original Switch stops selling will Nintendo stop supporting it, even with their successors launched.

Nintendo already raised new forecast for Switch.
True, PS home consoles lasted 10-14 years (shortest was PS3, almost 10 years, longest was PS4, 14th FY) Nintendo home consoles (without Wii) stopped around 6th FY, Nintendo recent (the ones you mentioned+GBA) handhelds lasted until FY9-10.

image.png

Those projections are probably a bit too high, but 100 million should be a given.
Yes, probably are a bit high and they may reach 100M a bit later. But well, even if they announce the next gen Nintendo console this summer and release it on 2021 (something that won't happen) they would still reach 100M.

Last edited:

Daymos

It's crazy to think that China is churning out these game consoles as fast as possible nonstop and the world is (eventually) throwing them away.. nonstop. Someday we'll all be dead and there will be 5 billion broken game consoles on the earth. It can't go on forever.

Maybe there will be some law passed that all games have to be streamed to old consoles at some point. Time to stock up on physical games (just in case)!

Last edited:

gtrwll

Someday we'll all be dead and there will be 5 billion broken game consoles on the earth. It can't go on forever.

Well that’s what recycling is for. I reckon most of the materials in a game console can be given a new life in some other form.

Sw0pDiller

What on earth are these people playing on their system? I reckon odyssee or animal crossing cuz I have all switch exclusives ready to go in my wii u!

I don't find it impressive. Its 2 markets in one it was always going to attract more sales because of it then 1 device in 1 market.

They basically funneled there entire handheld market into the console space or the other way around for example.

Honestly with corona and the absolute disaster of PS5 scalpers and PC hardware jumping up in price i would expect that thing to sell a whole lot more by now.

The problem with this analysis is that in your first paragraph you are treating the 3DS market and the Wii U market as separate. There is almost certainly a huge overlap.

I personally purchased six of the various 3DS family (more than usual because of region-locking) and a Wii U. So far I have bought two Switches (OG and Lite).

My point is that the number of consoles purchased has gone down but the number of Nintendo customers hasn't, in my case. I still have the same budget I'm prepared to spend on gaming. Instead of buying multiple consoles I've spent more on accessories (joycons, extra dock etc) and actual games than when the Wii U and 3DS were Nintendo's focus.

It doesn't necessarily follow that combining the Wii U and 3DS market automatically means more consoles sold. Producing an appealing product that a lot of people want does that. And anyway, although a lot of consoles sold is certay important to Nintendo, it's not as crucial as fans would have you believe. While fan(boys) see it as proof of winning a console generation, the companies themselves give far more of a shit about profits.

Here is the updated million-sellers list:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 33.41 million
Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 31.18 million
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 22.85 million
Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 21.45 million
Pokemon Sword/Shield – 20.35 million
Super Mario Odyssey – 20.23 million
Super Mario Party – 13.82 million
Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee – 13.00 million
Splatoon 2 – 11.90 million
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 9.82 million
Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 9.13 million
Ring Fit Adventure – 8.68 million
Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 8.32 million
Super Mario Maker 2 – 6.91 million
Paper Mario: The Origami King – 3.05 million
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – 2.84 million (overseas)
Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 2.62 million
Pikmin 3 Deluxe – 1.94 million
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition – 1.48 million
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit – 1.08 million
Only 6 of these are ports if you count BotW. Some great numbers.

Mozza

A lot will depend on many factors here, how long will Nintendo market the Switch for, will there be a revision and possibly a price cut?, you do have to factor in the PS4 has been awesome value from a price point of view for quite a few years now.

Last edited:

Woopah

Yes, this is why In my post that you quoted in addition to my opinion sentences "So no, they won't stop production this or next year." and "I think PS4 will end selling more than Switch in the long run" all the other info are a lot of facts that back that opinion.

I think I forgot to mention the PS4 also has way bigger software sales and tie ratio than Switch and that Ryan said a few months ago they had 100M+ MAU. This, plus the insane yearly PSN revenue makes them want to continue.

Before the Covid, Nintendo expected to sell 19M in the current 5th FY, same as PS4 id in FY5. So they expect the peak year to be the previous one, but it has been the current one. So I assume they also expected the next FY to have a decline (less than 19M), the question now is how much.

I think the biggest questions are: how much is going to continue affecting covid and if they will release BOTW2 this year. I think that if covid continues like now we continue having lockdowns here and there and they release BOTW2 in 2021, they will achieve 20+ million. If not, I think they'll sell around 17M. I see 20M highly possible (edit: now I realized I was talking in fiscal years, so I mean 20M for the period that goes from April 2021 to March 2022).

I think the best selling Switch games to be releaed in 2021 will be 3D World, MHR and -if released this year- BOTW2, and that they will be very distant in sales compared to the other 2021 games.
Ever since they missed that 20 million prediction for FY 19 they've been crazy conservative with their forecasts (and they still are doing that).

I'm sure there will be console games that sell more than MHR and BOTW2, but not many have been announced yet. The ones most likely to do so will be the new Call of Duty and sports games.

yurinka

Ever since they missed that 20 million prediction for FY 19 they've been crazy conservative with their forecasts (and they still are doing that).

I'm sure there will be console games that sell more than MHR and BOTW2, but not many have been announced yet. The ones most likely to do so will be the new Call of Duty and sports games.
Mario Kart 8 is still selling well and last year they released MK Home Circuit, so they won't release MK9 this year. On the Mario side, they have Mario 3D World and relently released the emulated ones, and last year released Paper Mario, so won't be a Mario. They released AC last year, won't be an AC. It's the 35th Zelda anniversary, so I assume they will release one or two compilations of emulated games similar to the Mario one but I think they won't super sellers unless one of them is a big Ocarina remaster with a ton of work on it (but I highly doubt they would release it more or less at the same time than BOTW2). Even if they had Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 on time for this year, they wouldn't be super sellers.

Then we have Pokemon, they released Shield+Sword a bit more than a year ago. They could release this year the remake the next old Pokemons, this is their only remaining big selling possible option.

People who like to play CoD and FIFA already have a PS or Xbox to play them there. I don't see them moving to Switch to play these games.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Mario Kart 8 is still selling well and last year they released MK Home Circuit, so they won't release MK9 this year.
MK8D wouldn't stop selling though, and it's been 6-7 years since the last MK8.

Maybe it will come next year.

MK8D wouldn't stop selling though, and it's been 6-7 years since the last MK8.

Maybe it will come next year.
I don't think we will see the next Mario Kart on the Switch. I know, technically, MK8 is a Wii U game, but Nintendo is treating it like it was just a Switch title. And it's basically a given that we get one Mario Kart game per console generation.

MagnesG

Banned
There's no reason to release more than one Mario Kart per console generation. The same applies for most of Nintendo's evergreen IPs, besides Zelda and 3D Mario.

I don't think we will see the next Mario Kart on the Switch. I know, technically, MK8 is a Wii U game, but Nintendo is treating it like it was just a Switch title. And it's basically a given that we get one Mario Kart game per console generation.
MK8D is essentially a remaster not a the new Mario Kart this generation, MK9 will come and MK9D will be released on the next hardware.

D.Final

Banned
A lot will depend on many factors here, how long will Nintendo market the Switch for, will there be a revision and possibly a price cut?, you do have to factor in the PS4 has been awesome value from a price point of view for quite a few years now.
Probably other 4 years

SWITCH VS NINTENDO HISTORY

3051881335_1_3_0Z7WxAjc.gif

[WII] MK: 37,38m
[NSW] MK8D: 33,41m

[NDS] MK DS: 23,6m
[3DS] MK 7: 18,92m
[N64] MK64: 9,87m
[SNES] SMK: 8,76m
[WIIU] MK8: 8,45m
[NGC] MK: Double Dash: 6,88m
[GBA] MK: Super Circuit: 5,91m
[NSW] Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit – 1,08m

yOIJHzg.png

giphy.gif

[NSW] ACNH: 31,18m
[3DS] AC New Leaf: 12,92m
[NDS] AC Wild World: 11,75m
[WII] AC: Let's Go to the City: 4,32m
[NGC] AC: 2,27m

py4sVTv.png

ThisAshamedCaribou-max-1mb.gif

[NSW] SSBUltimate: 22,85m
[WII] SSBB: 13,32m
[3DS] SSBU For N3DS: 9,61m
[NGC] SBM: 7,41m
[N64] SSB: 5,55m
[WIIU] SSB For WIIU: 5,38m

eu21G0U.png

773be8727163d802e3174864ad3bc78d.gif

[NSW] Zelda: BOTW: 21,45m
[N64] Zelda: OOT: 7,6m
[WII] Zelda: Twilight Princess: 7,26m
[NES] The Legend of Zelda: 6,51m
[3DS] Zelda: OOT 3D: 6,22m
[NDS] Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: 4,76m
[SNES] Zelda: A Link to the Past: 4,61m
[NSW] Zelda: Link's Awakening: 4,57m
[NGC] Zelda: Windwaker: 4,43m
[NES] Zelda: Adventure of Link: 4,38m
[3DS] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: 4,16m
[GB] Zelda: Oracle of Ages / Seasons: 3,99m
[GB] Zelda: Link's Awakening: 3,83m
[WII] Zelda: Skyward Sword: 3,67m
[N64] Zelda: Majora's Mask: 3,36 m
[3DS] Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: 3,28m
[NDS] Zelda: Spirit Tracks: 2,96m
[GBA] Zelda: A Link to the Past: 2,82m
[WIIU] Zelda: WindWaker HD: 2,33m
[GB] Zelda: Link's Awakening DX: 2,22m
[GBA] Zelda: The Minish Cap: 1,76 m
[WIIU] Zelda: BOTW: 1,69m
[NGC] Zelda: Twilight Princess: 1,43 m
[3DS] Zelda: Triforce Heroes: 1,34m
[WIIU] Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: 1,13m

Ex9jYPE.png

switch-pokemon-43.gif

wkWlCxV.png

63ddd7f601b6c9961e83fc5f45bd67f5.gif

[NSW] Super Mario 3D All-Stars: 8.32m

UsuoVIx.png

7c9b73e3f3036d6c2f551d4bcc8cc11e.gif

[NSW] Super Mario Party: 13,82m
[WII] Mario Party 8: 8,85m
[WII] Mario Party 9: 3,11m
[N64] Mario Party: 2,7m
[N64] Mario Party 2: 2,48m
[NGC] Mario Party 4: 2,46m
[WIIU] Mario Party 10: 2,25m
[NGC] Mario Party 5: 2,17m
[NGC] Mario Party 7: 2,08m
[N64] Mario Party 3: 1,91m
[NGC] Mario Party 6: 1,63m

d3581f8296dedd3f709967058a9989770a8112f0_hq.gif

[NSW] Splatoon 2: 11,9m
[WIIU] Splatoon: 4,95m

SpitefulLikableAfricanporcupine-max-1mb.gif

[NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3: 9,13m
[3DS] Luigi’s Mansion 2: 6,33m
[NGC] Luigi’s Mansion: 3,33m

tenor.gif

[WII] Wii Sports: 82,9m
[WII] Wii Sports Resort: 33,14m
[WII] Wii Fit: 22,67m
[WII] Wii Fit Plus: 21,13m
[NSW] Ring Fit Adventure: 8,68m

RaQV.gif

[WII] Super Paper Mario: 4,23m
[NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King: 3,05m

[NGC] Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: 1,91m
[N64] Paper Mario: 1,37m

clubhouse2.gif

[NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics: 2,62m
[NDS] 42 All-Time Classics: 2,57m

0ad731738844755ef3cf88ebed8337e7.gif

[NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 2,05m
[NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: 1,48m

KlutzyEnchantingDuckbillplatypus-max-1mb.gif

[NSW] Pikmin 3 DX: 1,94m
[NGC] Pikmin: 1,6m
[WIIU] Pikmin 3: 1,27m
[NGC] Pikmin 2: 1,12m

azxLFQO.png

0*Lzyr7EuWaBDI0OsP

[NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit: 1,37m

DeadlyNaiveHarpseal.webp

DS: 154,02m
GB + GBC: 118,69m
Wii: 101,63m
GBA: 81,51m
NSW: 79,87m
3DS: 75,94m

Woopah

Mario Kart 8 is still selling well and last year they released MK Home Circuit, so they won't release MK9 this year. On the Mario side, they have Mario 3D World and relently released the emulated ones, and last year released Paper Mario, so won't be a Mario. They released AC last year, won't be an AC. It's the 35th Zelda anniversary, so I assume they will release one or two compilations of emulated games similar to the Mario one but I think they won't super sellers unless one of them is a big Ocarina remaster with a ton of work on it (but I highly doubt they would release it more or less at the same time than BOTW2). Even if they had Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 on time for this year, they wouldn't be super sellers.

Then we have Pokemon, they released Shield+Sword a bit more than a year ago. They could release this year the remake the next old Pokemons, this is their only remaining big selling possible option.

People who like to play CoD and FIFA already have a PS or Xbox to play them there. I don't see them moving to Switch to play these games.
Sorry, I somehow managed to completely misread your post!

Yes fully agree with all your analysis there.The only other potential big sellers I could see them having are maybe Donkey Kong or Tomodachi, but thet won't do as well as the Pokémon remakes or BOTW2.

[UPDATE]
Donkey Kong
Mario Tennis
Fire Emblem
Yoshi
Kirby

SWITCH VS NINTENDO HISTORY

3051881335_1_3_0Z7WxAjc.gif

[WII] MK: 37,38m

[NDS] MK DS: 23,6m
[3DS] MK 7: 18,92m
[N64] MK64: 9,87m
[SNES] SMK: 8,76m
[WIIU] MK8: 8,45m
[NGC] MK: Double Dash: 6,88m
[GBA] MK: Super Circuit: 5,91m

yOIJHzg.png

giphy.gif

[3DS] AC New Leaf: 12,92m
[NDS] AC Wild World: 11,75m
[WII] AC: Let's Go to the City: 4,32m
[NGC] AC: 2,27m

py4sVTv.png

ThisAshamedCaribou-max-1mb.gif

[WII] SSBB: 13,32m
[3DS] SSBU For N3DS: 9,61m
[NGC] SBM: 7,41m
[N64] SSB: 5,55m
[WIIU] SSB For WIIU: 5,38m

eu21G0U.png

773be8727163d802e3174864ad3bc78d.gif

[N64] Zelda: OOT: 7,6m
[WII] Zelda: Twilight Princess: 7,26m
[NES] The Legend of Zelda: 6,51m
[3DS] Zelda: OOT 3D: 6,22m
[WII] Link's Crossbow Training - 5,79m
[NDS] Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: 4,76m
[SNES] Zelda: A Link to the Past: 4,61m
[NSW] Zelda: Link's Awakening: 4,57m
[NGC] Zelda: Windwaker: 4,43m
[NES] Zelda: Adventure of Link: 4,38m
[3DS] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: 4,16m
[GB] Zelda: Oracle of Ages / Seasons: 3,99m
[GB] Zelda: Link's Awakening: 3,83m
[WII] Zelda: Skyward Sword: 3,67m
[N64] Zelda: Majora's Mask: 3,36 m
[3DS] Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: 3,28m
[NDS] Zelda: Spirit Tracks: 2,96m
[GBA] Zelda: A Link to the Past: 2,82m
[WIIU] Zelda: WindWaker HD: 2,33m
[GB] Zelda: Link's Awakening DX: 2,22m
[GBA] Zelda: The Minish Cap: 1,76 m
[WIIU] Zelda: BOTW: 1,69m
[NGC] Zelda: Twilight Princess: 1,43 m
[3DS] Zelda: Triforce Heroes: 1,34m
[WIIU] Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: 1,13m

Ex9jYPE.png

switch-pokemon-43.gif

wkWlCxV.png

63ddd7f601b6c9961e83fc5f45bd67f5.gif

[NSW] Super Mario 3D All-Stars: 8.32m

UsuoVIx.png

7c9b73e3f3036d6c2f551d4bcc8cc11e.gif

[WII] Mario Party 8: 8,85m
[WII] Mario Party 9: 3,11m
[N64] Mario Party: 2,7m
[N64] Mario Party 2: 2,48m
[NGC] Mario Party 4: 2,46m
[WIIU] Mario Party 10: 2,25m
[NGC] Mario Party 5: 2,17m
[NGC] Mario Party 7: 2,08m
[N64] Mario Party 3: 1,91m
[NGC] Mario Party 6: 1,63m

d3581f8296dedd3f709967058a9989770a8112f0_hq.gif

[WIIU] Splatoon: 4,95m

SpitefulLikableAfricanporcupine-max-1mb.gif

[3DS] Luigi’s Mansion 2: 6,33m
[NGC] Luigi’s Mansion: 3,33m

tenor.gif

[WII] Wii Sports: 82,9m
[WII] Wii Sports Resort: 33,14m
[WII] Wii Fit: 22,67m
[WII] Wii Fit Plus: 21,13m
[NSW] Ring Fit Adventure: 8,68m

PlushAncientGaur-small.gif

[SNES] Donkey Kong Country - 9,3m
[WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns - 6,53m
[N64] Donkey Kong 64 - 5,27m
[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2 - 5,15m
[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 3 - 3,51m
[NSW] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 2,93m
[WIIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 2,01m
[NES] Donkey Kong Classics - 1,56m
[NES] Donkey Kong - 1,13m
[NES] Donkey Kong JR - 1,11m

giphy.gif

[GB] Kirby's Dreamland - 5,13m
[NSW] Kirby Star Allies - 3,15m

[NDS] Kirby Superstar Ultra - 2,99m
[3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe - 2,61m
[GB] Kirby's Dreamland 2 - 2,36m
[NDS] Kirby Mouse Attack - 2,27m
[GB] Kirby's Pinball Land - 2,19m
[GBA] Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland - 2,1m
[WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn - 1,85m
[WII] Kirby's Adventure - 1,79m
[N64] Kirby 64 - 1,77m
[NES] Kirby's Adventure - 1,75m
[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot - 1,59m
[GBA] Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - 1,47m
[SNES] Kirby Super Star - 1,44m
[GC] Kirby Air Ride - 1,35m
[GB] Kirby Tilt'N'Tumble - 1,23m
[NDS] Kirby Mass Attack - 1,22m

RaQV.gif

[WII] Super Paper Mario: 4,23m

[NGC] Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: 1,91m
[N64] Paper Mario: 1,37m

tumblr_neqynmB5A01rrftcdo1_400.gif

[SNES] Yoshi's Island - 4,12m
[NDS] Yoshi's Island DS - 3,36m
[GB] Yoshi - 3,12m
[N64] Yoshi's Story - 2,85m
[GBA] Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - 2,83m
[NSW] Yoshi's Crafted World - 2,09m
[3DS] Yoshi's New Island - 2,03m
[NES] Yoshi - 1,75m
[WIIU] Yoshi's Wooly World - 1,56m
[GB] Yoshi's Cookie - 1,53m
[NES] Yoshi's Cookie - 1,12m

clubhouse2.gif

[NDS] 42 All-Time Classics: 2,57m

uUXyhy.gif

[NSW] Mario Tennis Aces - 3,29m
[N64] Mario Tennis 64 - 2,32m
[3DS] Mario Tennis Open - 1,57m
[NGC] Mario Power Tennis - 1,16m

tumblr_pmw3qsrDyi1r1bz0wo1_500.gif

[NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 3,02m
[3DS] Fire Emblem Fates - 3m
[3DS] Fire Emblem Awakening - 2,31m

0ad731738844755ef3cf88ebed8337e7.gif

KlutzyEnchantingDuckbillplatypus-max-1mb.gif

[NGC] Pikmin: 1,6m
[WIIU] Pikmin 3: 1,27m
[NGC] Pikmin 2: 1,12m

azxLFQO.png

0*Lzyr7EuWaBDI0OsP

[NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit: 1,37m

DeadlyNaiveHarpseal.webp

DS: 154,02m
GB + GBC: 118,69m
Wii: 101,63m
GBA: 81,51m
NSW: 79,87m
3DS: 75,94m

SWITCH VS NINTENDO HISTORY, Ranking

Switch games in top 3

1st (12 games):

[NSW] Super Mario Odyssey: 20,23m (1st for mario 3d ranking, 5th for all mario)
[NSW] Mario Tennis Aces - 3,29m
[NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 3,02m

2nd (4 games):
[NSW] Kirby Star Allies - 3,15m

3rd (1 game):
[NSW] Pokemon Sword/Shield

17 games in top 3, 3 years and 10 months only, impressive.

nintendo-switch-gif.gif

Top Bottom