• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switzerland considers repealing incest laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
mf.luder said:
Switzerland /= Sweden.

ughh

facepalm.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Hitokage said:
I remember reading an article saying that the risk with first cousins is equal to that of waiting ten years.
If that's the case then that's already considerable. Some health care systems openly advise against such stuff (just because the risk increase translates to higher expenditures at the bottomline).

dude

dude
samus i am said:
Obviously he wants to bang his sister.
I don't have a sister though...
I do have a brother

I really don't think Sweden and Switzerland are the same country, I just always get confused between the two. It's like Niger and Nigeria.

samus i am said:
It isn't even a religion thing. There is an extreme gross factor to it. Plus your kids could come out retarded (in the true sense of the word).
Should everything that's gross be illegal?

Though, yeah, I agree about the kids part.

zoku88

blu said:
If that's the case then that's already considerable. Some health care systems openly advise against such stuff (just because the risk increase translates to higher expenditures at the bottomline).
But they don't ban them.

And the risk is still fractions of a percent, IIRC

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
zoku88 said:
Can't really say anything about this except that it is logical.

what in the fuck? Mutant kids man, mutant kids

I really don't think Sweden and Switzerland are the same country, I just always get confused between the two. It's like Niger and Nigeria.

I do this as well, and I live in europe and have been to both of them.

It's the fucking SW at the start, it tricks my brain and I keep saying the other one, when I mean the other other one.

tiff

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
Incest is the prosecutable part though. That's where they get them.
So you're fine with incest being illegal just as a tool to attack something else?
duckroll said:
How many people here really think that Sweden and Switzerland are the same country?
Swedenland?
zoku88 said:
But they don't ban them.

In the first generation.

FoneBone

Hitokage said:
As far as science is concerned:

Cousins? Sure.

Immediate Family? Nah.
It's not that I don't find incest gross, but I'm not sure this is a terribly coherent argument. I don't know of many governments that do anything to legally prevent couples with high risks of birth defects from procreating.

Shurs

Great.

I don't think anyone should have the right to tell two consenting adults that they cannot be together.

Why extend rights to straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transexual people but not to those who choose to engage in incestuous relations?

I have never engaged in incest, nor do I have the desire to do so, but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to partake if that's they want to do.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Shurs said:
Great.

I don't think anyone should have the right to tell two consenting adults that they cannot be together.

Why extend rights to straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transexual people but not to those who choose to engage in incestuous relations?

I have never engaged in incest, nor do I have the desire to do so, but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to partake if that's they want to.

For the same reason we don't let people fuck kids, because the result of such an UNHOLY union, could fuck up a 3 eyed kid real bad.

Keep this shit banned and stop comparing it to gays.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
i can't even count how many times i've said i live in switzerland and someone has replied:

"so you speak swedish?"

dude

dude
samus i am said:
It isn't even a religion thing. There is an extreme gross factor to it. Plus your kids could come out retarded (in the true sense of the word).
The gross factor is subjective, I don't feel it at all... Some people think anal sex is gross, I think it's hot. They're entitled to their opinion, as long as they live me alone. Grossness is not enough to make something illegal.

And retarded people also create retarded babies, should it be illegal for them to procreate too?

Shurs

catfish said:
For the same reason we don't let people fuck kids, because the result of such an UNHOLY union, could fuck up a 3 eyed kid real bad.

Keep this shit banned and stop comparing it to gays.

Don't compare incest to rape.

Do you support sterilizing people with diseases, such as AIDS, that can be passed on to their offspring?

Gaborn

Shurs said:
Great.

I have never engaged in incest, nor do I have the desire to do so, but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to partake if that's they want to do.

Actually Switzerland doesn't allow gay couples to adopt or to marry. They have registered partnerships with some of the rights of marriage.

dude

dude
Bento said:
Depends on if I have to pick up the bill to pay for their retarded baby or not :p
That's a whole different issue. I believe one that is going on in the Libertarians thread.

zoku88

Legendary Warrior said:
In the first generation.
Indeed, but I wouldn't be comfortable banning something on the idea that it takes generations upon generations of doing it repeatedly in order for it to have an ill-effect on society.

tiff

Banned
zoku88 said:
Indeed, but I wouldn't be comfortable banning something on the idea that it takes generations upon generations of doing it repeatedly in order for it to have an ill-effect on society.
Well, would you be opposed to it if it had an "ill effect" on society in the first generation, or was that line just for effect?

Neo C.

Gaborn said:
Actually Switzerland doesn't allow gay couples to adopt.
There's no problem with foreign gay couples who already have adopted a kid though. The biggest problem are the adoption agencies in Switzerland, because they don't support adoption by gay people.

Shurs

Gaborn said:
Actually Switzerland doesn't allow gay couples to adopt or to marry. They have registered partnerships with some of the rights of marriage.

They are allowed to have sex, right?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
zoku88 said:
But they don't ban them.
No, they don't, but they're fairly strict about allowing them. In Canada, for instance, you'd have to sign some legal papers for a bunch of the mandatory procedures related to late-age pregnancies.

Actually, IIRC, for some particular defects (e.g. Down syndrome) the risk is far from fractions of a percent, and moreover, it grows worse than linearly with age (I'm tempted to say exponentially, but as I don't recall the figures, I'll just refrain).

Seth C

zoku88 said:

Besides, most European nations never had a problem with allowing it for their royalty. It's only banned for the plebs.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Markster said:
Plenty of people are pressured into "consenting" monogamous, heterosexual marriages too. Should those be illegal?

Yes, if a person is being forced/pressured against their will to marry someone, I do think that should be illegal.

dude said:
I don't have a sister though...
I do have a brother

Except that Niger and Nigeria are neighbors, while Sweden and Switzerland are in different parts of Europe. But I suppose you just meant that you get the names confused? It's a pretty common mistake for people not living in or close to any of them, I guess. And there's also that thing with both us and Switzerland being known for being neutral contries.

But there are a lot of differences; Sweden and Switzerland are in no way "twin" countries. I did like Switzerland when I visited, though.

btkadams

methos75 said:
Disgusting if passed
why?

i just don't give a fuck what other people do in their bedrooms to be honest. i can't even muster a thought to possibly do anything like that with my family without getting physically ill, but i really don't care what other people do.

dude

dude
RoadHazard said:
Yes, if a person is being forced/pressured against their will to marry someone, I do think that should be illegal.
How do you even prove that? That's an impossible to enforce law.

RoadHazard said:
Except that Niger and Nigeria are neighbors, while Sweden and Switzerland are in different parts of Europe. But I suppose you just meant that you get the names confused? It's a pretty common mistake for people not living in or close to any of them, I guess. And there's also the thing with both us and Switzerland being known for being neutral contries.
I only confuse the names, I'm not that bad...

zoku88

Legendary Warrior said:
Well, would you be opposed to it if it had an "ill effect" on society in the first generation, or was that line just for effect?
I would be opposed to reproduction when it's likely to produce disorders, so yes, I would be opposed to having incestuous couple reproduce if what you said were the case.

Amalthea

Banned
Neo C. said:
There's no problem with foreign gay couples who already have adopted a kid though. The biggest problem are the adoption agencies in Switzerland, because they don't support adoption by gay people.

It's also okay if you had a sex change below the age of 25 before you come to our country, but not when you are native Swiss.

Switzerland is racist against foreigners and locals.

Speevy

Banned
btkadams said:
why?

i just don't give a fuck what other people do in their bedrooms to be honest. i can't even muster a thought to possibly do anything like that with my family without getting physically ill, but i really don't care what other people do.

Because unlike gays doing anything, this really is a slippery slope.

If it's legal for a sister and brother to have sex, then it's legal for a father and daughter. And why stop at a 56 year old father and his 23 year old daughter.

A 6 year old daughter wouldn't have any choice in the matter, and would grow up thinking it was perfectly fine, whether child abuse/molestation was still illegal or not.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Tyrant_Onion said:
It's also okay if you had a sex change below the age of 25 before you come to our country, but not when you are native Swiss.

Switzerland is racist against foreigners and locals.

switzerland has the longest list of bizarre laws of any place i've ever lived in. some of the laws even seem to contradict each other.

i also like how there always seems to be some sort of hot-issue vote that sweeps the nation every few months. now it's this incest thing, did the ausschaffungsinitiative not create enough excitement?

Shurs

Speevy said:

If it's legal for a sister and brother to have sex, then it's legal for a father and daughter. And why stop at a 56 year old father and his 23 year old daughter.

A 6 year old daughter wouldn't have any choice in the matter, and would grow up thinking it was perfectly fine, whether child abuse/molestation was still illegal or not.

Come on.

Speevy said:

Agreed. It opens the floodgates to seriously damaging things.

Amalthea

Banned
Neo C. said:
Self-hate was invented here, Calvin did his shit here first. :lol

Uh, why not?

In a country where the catholics are as dull as protestants and the protestants want to be like white north koreans? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom