• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song |OT| Not Last

I totally forgot I pre-ordered this game until I got up this morning and saw the countdown icon on my homescreen.

I got halfway through Hollow Fragment, I really need to finish it.

Hikami

Oh nice, the game unlocks tonight for me. (first time pre-ordering a digital game on ps4)
Might do this more often.

Hikami

Game unlocked for me, played for about an hour. Only complaint is that the flying is so underwhelming and confusing to control so far..

Yosei

Game unlocked for me, played for about an hour. Only complaint is that the flying is so underwhelming and confusing to control so far..

My exact problem with the game so far. Enjoying it a lot but the flying is annoying as I can't change directions without hitting my character's face on the ground every single time.

Kitoro

Also very interested in whether or not the game has a co-op campaign.

I've never watched SAO, but I have friends that are getting it, and if I can expect a PSO-like experience, I'm sold.

Cornbread78

Also very interested in whether or not the game has a co-op campaign.

I've never watched SAO, but I have friends that are getting it, and if I can expect a PSO-like experience, I'm sold.

You should watch the first season at least to fully understand the characters. It's worth the watch anyways.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

You need to get used to the mode switching once you do it shouldnt be as bad.

Ugh, soooooo tempted to go buy this right now, but I want to wait for a buy 1 or 2 and get 1 free/50% off since I want to pick up stella glow and pokemon super mystery dungeon too. I think I might cave in since I have a bunch of free time right now.

Edit: Is there any resource of the skill/magic progression? Like what does "special skills " mean for Spriggans?

DanixDT

Neo Member
I'm definitely going to get this, but do I want PS4 or the Vita version?

I enjoyed playing Hollow Fragment on the go, but is the PS4 version better in some way? The price certainly suggests it is.

I was really hoping to have it be cross-buy and your save transferred. That would have been cool.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Well I got that down, the problem is the combat while in float mode. In the middle of battle I always end up below or above an enemy on accident or something.

Yeah that part isnt well done at all, has to with the engine they are using as same thing could happen in macross30 plus artdink does not seem to be that adept at making melee combat systems that work well

Will be a bit of a problem with boss fights outside on occasion.

For people who have played through the game, are there fights/quests where I'd need to have Kirito leveled? If not, I don't really plan on using him lol. Literally every other character in the game is more interesting.

So apparently I got the Ps4 version for free during summer (thanks to a gift card for PSN) and today I was surprised with the Vita version and the Preorder book from a good friend.

Excited to play either version regardless now I own both.

OP doesnt say this, but does the game has cross-save?

Kitoro

To those saying the game has cross save, I thought I read that the Vita version is much more limited, and only allows for a one way transfer from the Vita to PS4 version. Is this not the case?

Hikami

Battlefront coming out the same day as this is terrible. Ended up spending all my time playing that instead lol.

To those saying the game has cross save, I thought I read that the Vita version is much more limited, and only allows for a one way transfer from the Vita to PS4 version. Is this not the case?

That's for Hollow Fragment, the other SAO game.

Akibared

This having its own opening song makes it feel legit!

HbH0edX.jpg

The plot is pretty good so far.

Ohnonono

Played a bit of this last night and had a good time. It is totally an SAO game in that it just kinda drops you in. Feels more guided than the last one though. Was nice to see all the characters gain. Also GGO Sinon for life.

Derp, I was thinking of Oreimo , so used to having to defend that lol.

They actually are real siblings LOL.

So what's the difference with the PS4 version to the PS3 version? I saw a video that conpared PS3 to Vita and the Vita version looked like the one to get. Also do you still get Re: Hollow Fragment for free or was that preorder only.

Guymelef

I'm currently playing Hollow Fragment and... every dungeon is the same, what a constant dejavu, Does Lost Song fix this?

deanote666

Gold Member
To answer the question on the last thread, my Japanese trophies merged with my English trophy list, meaning I already "earned" those trophies in English even though they were from the Japanese version.

At least I hope so...

Kamina777

Banned
There is an abridged version?

also the FPS in the PS4 version seems like a solid 60, again just from the start and the few battles I tried.
Got destroyed though by some players + monsters fighting me at the same time :(

its terrible, you tube fan dub type of stuff. I expected to like it but was disappointed with how lame it was.

I just got a real few powerful characters:
Sakuya, Alicia Rue, and Yuki
, but my own characters are 20ish levels below them. Guess I'm just going to have to choose 4 or characters to use so that they get leveled enough to stay relevant in this game.

Akibared

Lisbeth was well endowed but not this much iirc.

............this is better.

*goes back to finishing Hollow Fragment*

Maxing out her affection in HF made me realize the waifu had some hidden surprises! So I hate how the lock on doesn't focus on what I'm fighting but other than that I'm having fun so far.

I can't tell if I'm enjoying it more than Re: HF overall yet, but Lost Song is definitely a way smarter game structurally.

Is there any way to see your total play time? The only reference to time I can find is the actual time of day you last saved.

JJP12

I started this last night and played about 3 hours. So far it's really fun! There hasn't been much challenge so far but I'm still in the first area. Flying around feels great and the game looks really beautiful on the vita. I've been constantly rotating my party. Is that recommended or should I just stick to using a few characters?

Top Bottom