• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song |OT| Not Last

Man, my Vita still won't connect to the PS store, wtf.. I can't entire on to buy this finally, but nope..

Weird... You can always use the web store to purchase it, and download it to your Vita once everything works again.
I thought the problems were fixed though. Can't confirm it as I didn't experience them in the first place.

Z3M0G

This game is a great steal for $5... combat system is fun once you get the hang of it, and is more enjoyable than combat in the 2nd game, IMO.

Tip: disable the "burst" (?) or whatever option on your sword art skill that auto-launches at the end of your O-O-O-O combo... and manually launch them instead by holding L and hitting a face button. (This wouldn't be so bad on PS4 where sword arts are on a cool-down instead of burning your SP gauge like on Vita, but I still find it stupid.)

This is a PSP > Vita > PS4 port... and it runs so silky smooth on PS4 I could swear it is above 60fps.

Cornbread78

This game is a great steal for $5... combat system is fun once you get the hang of it, and is more enjoyable than combat in the 2nd game, IMO.

Tip: disable the "burst" (?) or whatever option on your sword art skill that auto-launches at the end of your O-O-O-O combo... and manually launch them instead by holding L and hitting a face button. (This wouldn't be so bad on PS4 where sword arts are on a cool-down instead of burning your SP gauge like on Vita, but I still find it stupid.)

This is a PSP > Vita > PS4 port... and it runs so silky smooth on PS4 I could swear it is above 60fps.

I think you meant to post in this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805839

BTW, memory card eject and shut down worked for access to the Vita store! Can't wait to finish Conception 2, so I can start Last Song.

Z3M0G

I'm falling in love with this game!

At first I found it silly how fast your characters level up... but since there are so damn many characters to use, I'm appreciating it... since every time I return to town, I swap in my lowest 3 characters. And being able to play any character is GREAT!

A very nice feature I just noticed is that your skills and spells all level up as you use them. I love games that do this! It feels so rewarding. Still kinda silly that I leveled a single skill up 50 levels during a single boss battle... and watched the damage of the skill pretty much double during that time... but it felt so rewarding to do so!

Took me a while to figure out how to use items to heal myself in the field... but eventually I found it (Select).

The skill system had no introduction, and I'm unlocking new skills left and right, but once I discovered how to equip them under all the different categories, it became fun to manage them.

I'm enjoying the story... not the story of the game world you are playing, but a story about a group of gamers playing a game together. While Hollow Fragment was about an MMO, this one feels more like it is about a PSO style game.

I'm happy that inventory management is at a minimum with so many characters to manage as well... but I wish that I would find accessory drops in the field, and not just weapons. I need to buy all my accessories. The weapon upgrades are satisfying so far though... feels like a good loot game!

The alternate costumes are LOL though. The bikini's and shower towels were clearly paid DLC in the Japanese version. Funny how you start with those in your inventory.

And I love the pet dragons!! I'd play an entire game based around this mechanic!

There are a few things Hollow Fragment did better though...

- simulated online world much better with other players walking around town and fighting in the field. It felt like a game world that was "lived in" by other players!
- the animations were much better in HF. The way combat flowed, the way other characters moved and expressed themselves, etc. This game is stiff with everything you do, other than flying which is glorious.

Oops! Thanks!

Hey, is anyone currently playing this on PS4? Seems like there are not many people in the UK playing :(

I'm primarily playing this on Vita on the go for now, while I play Hollow Fragment on my PS4 at home. Sometimes I transfer my save to PS4 and play this though.

I haven't even gotten to Online mode yet... when does that open up?

Cornbread78

Finally finished this up today on my Vita and it was a pretty fun game over all.

Story:
- Having watched the anime, the way the mixed in alternate timelines and stories got confusing at times, but for a pure gamer; it wasn't very deep, but it was entertaining to watch play out.

Gameplay:
- Fun. I wish there was a little more depth like with Hollow Fragments, but mix of sword skills and magic was good and being able to play around and control all the other characters was fun.

Presentation:
- Both music, BGM and translations were really good. No bad English this time and definitely no penetration.

- Lots of post game content.

Negatives:
- repetitive dungeon design.. It's like they didn't want to try..
- Attack lock. They give you a chance to focus on a specific part of the body, but it never holds and I could never quite get the spot I wanted
- Load times going in and out of buildings was pretty slow

Pretty good overall experience and very happy with the purchase.

On to Trails of Cold Steel now..

Top Bottom